What's new

Indian navy opens fire on Pak fishermen

UmarJustice

New Recruit

Reaction score
Pakistani fishermen came under attack from the Indian navy within the sea limits of Pakistan on Saturday, leaving a fisherman injured and others escaped by jumping into water. According to details, Indian navy personnel opened indiscriminate firing on the fishermen, fishing on the Pakistani side of the sea. A fisherman was injured and others jumped into the water to avoid bullets. The Indian navy personnel took away Pakistan fishermen’s boat and luggage with them.

Indian navy opens fire on Pak fishermen | The Nation

i think india should have strict policy on pakistanis coming in boats towards india after what happened in 26/11

Sure they must be very alert but that doesn't mean to open indiscriminate fire. Many fishermen from both sides cross over mistakenly, will they be fired upon and everyone may not be very lucky. There has to be a difference in handling a situation by professional soldiers and pirates, stray fishermen or terrorists.

Sure they must be very alert but that doesn't mean open indiscriminate fire. Many fishermen from both sides cross over mistakenly. There has to be a difference in handling a situation by professional soldiers.

i agree. but please remember that the 26/11 attackers hijacked fishing boats and landed in mumbai.
So while this is unofrtunate what could be the solution for this type of situation is something i can figure out

Sad news if true. BTW does Pakistan Navy not guard its borders?

Do you really wanna go there....."pro"?

On topic:

Could be a mistake on the part of either parties, maritime borders are easy to be confused about. If not then it's just another stupid act. Btw, if the Indians took away the boat then did the guys swim all the way back to shore? If so then how far off shore did this occur?

i agree. but please remember that the 26/11 attackers hijacked fishing boats and landed in mumbai.
So while this is unofrtunate what could be the solution for this type of situation is something i can figure out

If a few bandits come and rob your house in a car you don't go shooting at every next car that you see coming your way. There was nothing stopping the IN from boarding the boat without firing at it first.

Pakistani fishermen came under attack from the Indian navy within the sea limits of Pakistan on Saturday, leaving a fisherman injured and others escaped by jumping into water.

According to the details, Indian Navy forces opened indiscriminate firing on the fishermen, fishing on the Pakistan side of the sea area. Meanwhile, a fisherman was injured and others jumped into the water to escape their live. The Indian Naval solider took away a boat and luggage with them.

Hilarious isn't it. They came, they fired, they took the boat away. And what was PN doing during this action. Drinking Ruh Abja.
Were they not able to track Indian ships within their own sea area which is so close to mainland.
Some one has messed up here.
I got one more news just now that IN was doing naval exercise in the same sea not far from there. Ringing bells!!!!!!!!!!!

Might have been smugglers. No reason for them to seize their boat and "luggage" otherwise.

Indian Navy Exercises in Arabian Sea
The Indian Navy has carried out a major exercise in the Arabian Sea over the last 30 days, during which it has honed its combat skills as well as its operational strategy, local media reported Sunday.

More than 50 warships, including the stealth frigates and nuclear-powered submarine INS Chakra, from the Indian Navy's eastern fleet and the western fleet, took part in the exercise, along with 75 fighter jets and choppers, 'The Times of India' newspaper reported, quoting officials as saying.

The exercise, codenamed Tropex, also witnessed the Indian Navy practice operational concepts like maritime manoeuvre from the sea in a bid to show its readiness in case of a swift and high-tempo conflict in the future, the report said.

Elements from the Indian Air Force and the para-military Coast Guard also participated in the exercise, it said.
Indian Navy Exercises in Arabian Sea

Might have been smugglers. No reason for them to seize their boat and "luggage" otherwise.
Only news sources from Pakistan are reporting it now. I tried Google but only result is this incident in Pakistan based news sites & IN exercise in same area.
Let the dust settle, then we can come to know where did this incident occurred accidentally and who were involved?

This is what India does after we freed numerous fishermen of India and in the end every single fishermen that came to Pakistani waters for fishing?

Pakistan should capture and behead your fishermen.

But then again we are not savages like our scum neighbor to the East.

;)

that you are all experts at anyway (but only towards fishermen, thinly guarded sentry along border, civilians eating dinner, journalisrs and tourists.. the moment you see professional army or drones, PA runs aways or disowns their own)
.. your navy should take training from your army and ISI.

The wanna-be whites to the east hold Italian fishermen guilty of killing their citizens in secure and friendly environment.

On the other hand they kill our poor fisherman out patrolling the seas for their livelihood.

The bhar.ti act shows their level of hate against Pakistan.

Goray India chor gaye, magar sath mein kalay angrez chor gaye.

Sure they must be very alert but that doesn't mean open indiscriminate fire.
I've heard this word, 'indiscriminate' being bandied about every time something like this happens.

Meaning of indiscriminate: Marked by the inability to see or make fine distinctions.

So what 'distinctions' are we talking about here? Whether they were from Mars or from Pakistan? The former is highly unlikely and therefore these fishermen were Pakistanis fishing in troubled waters - that is, well within India's maritime boundaries.

Where therefore is the question of 'indiscriminate' firing? :undecided:

Back
Top Bottom