What's new

Indian Military Picture Thread

Upgraded Bofors AA

426501_10151411764343071_419221276_n.jpg

:fie: why they are in the air ?

Chetah helicopter armed with machine guns (or cannons??).... reminds me of the US Little Birds used for special ops.

However, it cannot carry any soldiers.

487575_482050668515067_1419693527_n.jpg

Punjab SWAT team training:

Jesus Christ, they've got a bloody Negev (1.02)!!!!

Awesome vid! Also to be noted, these guys have digital camo too.

Why do all our paramils and police forces have camo, but the army and 2 out of 3 SFs don't. *scratches head*

Chetah helicopter armed with machine guns (or cannons??).... reminds me of the US Little Birds used for special ops.

However, it cannot carry any soldiers.

487575_482050668515067_1419693527_n.jpg

The pic is of a HAL Lancer, a heavily modified Cheetah, built for combat instead of transport. It has two .50 cal machine guns and six 70mm rockets.

Last edited by a moderator:
EzioAltaïr;4071605 said:
Awesome vid! Also to be noted, these guys have digital camo too.

Why do all our paramils and police forces have camo, but the army and 2 out of 3 SFs don't. *scratches head*

When the IA and IAF SFs want digi-cam they'll get it. Digi-cam is nothing special, it is not going to make a huge difference to the operational effectinvess of the concerned SOFs.

When the IA and IAF SFs want digi-cam they'll get it. Digi-cam is nothing special, it is not going to make a huge difference to the operational effectinvess of the concerned SOFs.

I know camo is not a huge difference, but every bit matter doesn't it.

And yeah I have another question; from what I've read of camo, apparently the big patterns like the ones on IA uniforms are hard to recognize as humans in camo from a distance, though they are a dead giveaway from close. With the small patterns like CADPAT or MARPAT, it's hard to spot from up close, but easy from afar. Is there any in-between camo, that cannot be detected very easily either way?

EzioAltaïr;4071641 said:
I know camo is not a huge difference, but every bit matter doesn't it.

And yeah I have another question; from what I've read of camo, apparently the big patterns like the ones on IA uniforms are hard to recognize as humans in camo from a distance, though they are a dead giveaway from close. With the small patterns like CADPAT or MARPAT, it's hard to spot from up close, but easy from afar. Is there any in-between camo, that cannot be detected very easily either way?

Take a look at the US' multi-cam:

multicamTRUwithinsignia.jpg

It is said to be a blend between the "traditional" large print and the digi-cams and has proven to be very effective. If I had a say on what cam the Indian SFs (and regulars) would get it would be the multi-cam for sure.

Back
Top Bottom