What's new

Indian Military Picture Thread

Upgraded Bofors AA

426501_10151411764343071_419221276_n.jpg

EzioAltaïr;4067495 said:
India - Camopedia

I think I found the camo on here. The ninth bullet-point has a series of images below it. Looks similar enough. Check the 11th point as well.

Thanks man. I've seen the IA use digital camo as well, is that only for the special forces as for now?

Thanks man. I've seen the IA use digital camo as well, is that only for the special forces as for now?

As of now, I've only seen MarCos of the Indian SFs in digital camo. Para and Garud still don't use it. The new VBSS teams, and the latest BSF battalions use digital camo (the former using US-style multi-cam and the latter using flecktarn camo).

EzioAltaïr;4067921 said:

As of now, I've only seen MarCos of the Indian SFs in digital camo. Para and Garud still don't use it. The new VBSS teams, and the latest BSF battalions use digital camo (the former using US-style multi-cam and the latter using flecktarn camo).

I don't about MARCOS but I have a feeling you're referring to these guys

33tjedt.jpg

As far as I know, MARCOS Commandos don't reveal their faces. I've been hearing Indian and other media sources call these guys MARCOS and then other sources claim that they belong to SPB (Sagar Prahari Bal). @Abingdonboy @sancho you guys mind clarifying this?

Last edited by a moderator:

33tjedt.jpg

As far as I know, MARCOS Commandos don't reveal their faces. I've been hearing Indian and other media sources call these guys MARCOS and then other sources claim that they belong to SPB (Sagar Prahari Bal). @Abingdonboy @sancho you guys mind clarifying this?

Abingdonboy says these guys belong to one of our VBSS teams, pointing out that they aren't covering their faces and don't have the SFs patch.

These were the guys I referred to in the latter half of my post.

As far as MarCos are concerned, I only assumed so because of the fact that our VBSS teams have it. Then again, BSF have digi-cam yet Paras and Garud don't, so...

33tjedt.jpg

No doubt they are SPB. MARCOs aren't deployed as force protection during commissioning ceremonies.

EzioAltaïr;4067947 said:
Abingdonboy says these guys belong to one of our VBSS teams, pointing out that they aren't covering their faces and don't have the SFs patch.

As far as MarCos are concerned, I only assumed so because of the fact that our VBSS teams have it. Then again, BSF have digi-cam yet Paras and Garud don't, so...

Mate they aren't part of the VBSS unit of the IN, the SPB is an entirely separate force who aren't embarked on Naval vessels but are shore-based.

IN VBSS teams wear black/navy blue:

6936743402_b9526d077e_z.jpg

malabar1_120412-N-ZF681-172.jpg

8147161373_9e2a75ff0b_b.jpg

EzioAltaïr;4067947 said:

MARCOS using digi-cam.

417_1349983567.jpg

35hk4e1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom