What's new

Indian Defence Budget for 2012-13 hiked to 1.95 lakh crore ($39 billion)

Good job, I will make sure I burn the last drop of it here..!! :cheers: :partay:

sure. :laugh:

and i also contribute by using food, water, electricity from outside.

dil hai phir bhi hindustani. !!!!!!

You bloody basket..!! :D

Isn't that much increase a little less given the fact the you moved to the west??

The factor available to Indian salaries, depends on the level ... i'm at mid management level.

At senior management level ..... factors could be as low as 1.0 (i.e. no increase).

At entry level, factor of 600%-800% may be available but I don't think more is feasible.

Indian salaries have shot much faster than the west since 2000.

is there anything for farmers ?

like water, power, fertilizers ?

common yaar some one has to cultivate for us to eat..:undecided:

Lets just say Army forms an engineering division, plans interlinking of rivers with cartosat (isro) help..
Modifies old tanks or designs new machines to dig rivers, construct dams, power station along with and take whopping 100 billion $ for defense budget...

then no problem..

Preparation for invading pakistan in the right time.

India is not interested dude…. India never wanted to invade Pakistan…India is only interested with own Land that is captured by Pakistan and China….And I am assuring you that India will get those for sure…. If this was the case then India would have taken over Bangladesh.

Lets just say Army forms an engineering division, plans interlinking of rivers with cartosat (isro) help..
Modifies old tanks or designs new machines to dig rivers, construct dams, power station along with and take whopping 100 billion $ for defense budget...

then no problem..

The Indian army is a professional fighting force, not cheap conscripted labour. It is not the army's job to dig canals or construct dams and power stations, that is civil society's job.

It doesnt seem to matter what the budget is, I am still waiting for the following:

-inducting brand new 155/52 artillery

-inducting new Heavy machine guns, mortars, sniper rifles (50 cal, not the NTW 20, something that can be carried and used by 1 guy).

-inducting new anti aircraft guns (our bofors guns are very old and obsolete)

-a new rifle for the infantry to replace INSAS

As you can see, none of these items are very exciting or flashy, but we've needed them since KARGIL and absolutely no progress has been made!

These items are extremely important: more important than aircraft carriers, or tanks, or fighter aircraft.

Yet they get little attention from the politicians.

Now this shows how poor the chinese education system is ... or it is a question mark on "high IQ" claims by CPC ?

poor chinese .... they don't even know the difference between real GDP growth rate and nominal GDP growth rate. :laugh:

Yeah , chinese economics and cooking of books is world class

This is the reason CCP claims that there GDP has jumped from 5.8 Trillion to 7.4 Trillion ie , a Jump of 27% in one yr
and chincse trolls will believe it

Bl[i]tZ;2705935 said:
India's budgeted defence expenditure still remains just 1.9% of the projected GDP for 2012-13, much less than the 3% being demanded by the armed forces

Defence minister A K Antony admitted he had expected more for his ministry this time but he took solace at the FM declaring that additional money would be provided if needed.

Budget 2012: Military plays catch-up but China a long march ahead - The Times of India

Even with 1.9% of GDP, if they use it efficiently and complete all the current programs .... it will be quite sufficient.

- operationalise the 3 or 4 Arihant class nuke subs (with K-4, K-15 missiles)
- Induct LCA
- Continue with further Su-30MKIs
- Complete Akash missile orders
- Induct Arjuns / Dhruv, LCH / scorpenes
- Complete and induct the new Agni missiles
- Finalize Rafale order
- Induct Phalcons / C130s etc.

I do think we are doing quite reasonable on defence preparedness ..... and we don't have to waste money on building obsolete aircrafts like J-10 and then retire them in less than 5 years of induction. Money should be focused on building the technologies of tomorrow.

And budget prudence is wiser to keep the economy going fast.

We need to have ample deterrence ... (which we have) .... and keep focussing on the economy.

Aadhaar,

India's focus is to somehow indigenize defence tech by absorbing tech transfers that accompany massive defence deals. That is why we have maintained a slow and steady growth in the recent years.

Go slow and low.

Bl[i]tZ;2705997 said:
Aadhaar,

India's focus is to somehow indigenize defence tech by absorbing tech transfers that accompany massive defence deals. That is why we have maintained a slow and steady growth in the recent years.

Go slow and low.

and that's why we make our own AL-31 engines for locally made Su-30MKIs ... and the "supa powwah" pretender is seen importing AL-31s for it's indigenous "J-11" and "J-10" everytime.

and they are trying to use "civilian" engines in their military helicopter .... and what not. let them burn money in re-inventing wheels. though, their "high IQ" is failing to re-invent all that, yet. :laugh:

Bl[i]tZ;2705935 said:
India's budgeted defence expenditure still remains just 1.9% of the projected GDP for 2012-13, much less than the 3% being demanded by the armed forces

Defence minister A K Antony admitted he had expected more for his ministry this time but he took solace at the FM declaring that additional money would be provided if needed.

Budget 2012: Military plays catch-up but China a long march ahead - The Times of India

Its just to fool people, i have watched the last year's budget speech where FM have said the same but in the end that pig goes on to cut the allocated defense funds and take back Rs. 3500 crores.

Its just to fool people, i have watched the last year's budget speech where FM have said the same but in the end that pig goes on to cut the allocated defense funds and take back Rs. 3500 crores.

Certain leaders are respectable buddy and Pranab da is one of them. Finance Minister's only concern is not defence.

You should know that the defence budget for the previous year was revised from 1.64 lakh crore to 1.70 lakh crore during the course of the year. Only in the end he asked back 3000 crore. That means even after taking the money, the budget was 1.67 lack crore (which is higher than allocated 1.64 lakh crore).

Even with 1.9% of GDP, if they use it efficiently and complete all the current programs .... it will be quite sufficient.

- operationalise the 3 or 4 Arihant class nuke subs (with K-4, K-15 missiles)
- Induct LCA
- Continue with further Su-30MKIs
- Complete Akash missile orders
- Induct Arjuns / Dhruv, LCH / scorpenes
- Complete and induct the new Agni missiles
- Finalize Rafale order
- Induct Phalcons / C130s etc.

I do think we are doing quite reasonable on defence preparedness ..... and we don't have to waste money on building obsolete aircrafts like J-10 and then retire them in less than 5 years of induction. Money should be focused on building the technologies of tomorrow.

And budget prudence is wiser to keep the economy going fast.

We need to have ample deterrence ... (which we have) .... and keep focussing on the economy.
LCA, Arjun and your missile project is far behind the world, as you logic, You should cut the rubbish project!!! Mocking J10, you are so funny, First, you should check yourself!!

and that's why we make our own AL-31 engines for locally made Su-30MKIs ... and the "supa powwah" pretender is seen importing AL-31s for it's indigenous "J-11" and "J-10" everytime.

and they are trying to use "civilian" engines in their military helicopter .... and what not. let them burn money in re-inventing wheels. though, their "high IQ" is failing to re-invent all that, yet. :laugh:
Your MBT T90 is from Russia, You half of main battle warship come from foreign, all submarine were bought from other countries, SU-27,SU30, MIG series, is Russian, Rafale and Mirage is from French, You import the AWACS from Isreal and Russia, you also can't make artillery, you even have to import basic bullet……, The list is too long!!!
Don't think make airplane engines under the lience is something. Yes, we import AL-31S, that's why we don't want to depend on foreigner forever, in engine domain, yes, china is not good as Russia and USA, but far better than Indian. If you think you are good, please suppling your own engine for LCA. Who is burning the money? all the world know that with the *** thinking.
We build our defence, But you buy it, that's the diffence, keep enjoying it. self-delusion!!

Back
Top Bottom