What's new

Indian concerns over Seventh Fleet entry into Bay and Bangladesh elections

Okay, here are some questions:

i) Why would the US want a base considering they already have one in Diego Garcia and Guam? They are more than enough to deal with the PLA.

ii) Why Bangladesh? Do they realize how vulnerable they'd be to PLA's missile strikes by being that close? And it'd take a lot of resources to set up a formal base.

iii) What's more, political instability is rampant in Bangladesh with as long as the two battling begums are around.

iv) It'd make folks in New Delhi very, very unhappy.

I think it is interesting that the author noted that the US hopes to use Dr. Yunus for diplomatic purposes. Micro-finance isn't like magic or something. Or something of a magical formula. And actually, the concept has worked pretty well in Iraq and elsewhere.

But even then, why so much support for the figure? He has often been dubbed as the 'hero of the Capitalist world' in the West.

The author is right about the fact that the ruling party in Bangladesh is damaging relations with the West. Mostly based on whimsical feelings rather than cold logic.

And as far as the US not uttering anything about this 'war crimes trail' is concerned, please understand that Jamaat still has Cold War links with them. The structure is still there. And they have very good relations with the Middle Eastern countries.

Another thing that we often tend to overlook is that the people who are under trail were not military personnel. The War Crimes Act back in the Mujib-era did not include civilians. What's more, we do not know under what pretenses both Mujib and Zia simply let go of many of them go. And yet, people still chant that they are this and that......but based on what? It is true that they did lobby against the creation of Bangladesh, but the topic of committing war crimes need more proof, and in line with the rule of law itself. Are we seeing that? No. So why would the US bother? Please people, use some common sense.

Anyway, enough about the past.

If indeed the US is working toward gradually removing those begums from the scene, I'd support that endeavor, along with complete security benefits, particularly from India. Dr. Yunus himself said that the current BS seen in the politics of Bangladesh will go on for 15-20 years.

If they (the begums) are unable to answer which country benefited the most from Bangladesh's various dilemmas over the past four decades, then they are not qualified to lead the nation.

US/Western bloc always like our begums type persons who are boneless, not decision maker and easier to make stooges and also if ever revolt (against US/Western bloc) easier to kill plotting coup or remove from throne by mass revolution. So, US is working toward gradually removing those begums from the scene is not acceptable. Yes, if one behaves completely stupid (like current hasina doing) or tries to raise head alone, there's a possibility of removal of that begum but not begums...they love to see them.

No third party will provide complete security to us, for such benefits we have to build ourselves with friendly nations' cooperation. Third party will always try to dominate if we let them enter and we have to abide by their order.

i just want to know..is this news confirmed that USA wants a base in BOB???because it is more worried for China than India(who endured presence of US 7th fleet for a long time and habituated with it and with whom we don't have any tussle)..because only Chinese presence in IOR is Coco Islands and USA may want to check the influence of China in that region plus they might keep tab on activities of Chinese forces on Mayanmar and as Mayanmar is slowly but surely moving towards democracy,USA might take that advantage to turn them against China to open another front(mere hypothesis though)..

US/Western bloc always like our begums type persons who are boneless, not decision maker and easier to make stooges and also if ever revolt (against US/Western bloc) easier to kill plotting coup or remove from throne by mass revolution. So, US is working toward gradually removing those begums from the scene is not acceptable. Yes, if one behaves completely stupid (like current hasina doing) or tries to raise head alone, there's a possibility of removal of that begum but not begums...they love to see them.

No third party will provide complete security to us, for such benefits we have to build ourselves with friendly nations' cooperation. Third party will always try to dominate if we let them enter and we have to abide by their order.

And just how are you so certain that the two begums serve Western interests? Begging is not considered a worthy initiative to form strong bonds. US intel already made it very clear that Tarique was a very serious threat to their interests.

And as far as the current begum is concerned, check the FM's reactions.

Anyhow, nothing is going to happen too quickly. It'll happen slowly, and in time. And that through the will of young educated people like you and many others. Not that of the pathetic old ones in power. Democracy!

India's mistake is that they are putting way too many eggs into one basket. This can potentially back-fire in the long term. Putting some in turn in the other basket now isn't going to bring any fruit. Especially considering the commitments and habits of the BNP under the current leaders (i.e. Tarique and Zia).

And as far as relying on third parties for security, I never really said that. It is possible to have security collaborations with the US.

China? Well, having a bunch of old and some new tanks (MBT-2000) and F-7s isn't really that much of a security matter. We buy weapons from the supplier like any other nation - along with some joint initiatives. End of story.

And frankly, even with Bangladesh's current military and intelligence, security is almost non-existent. And that similarly goes for the entire South Asian region even in the 21st century.

It's not that we are surrounded by many enemies. We are surrounded by naive fools. Blind leading the blind. And they simply need to be kept in check so that it doesn't hurt people. That's all.

Can the two begums do that? I doubt it.

i just want to know..is this news confirmed that USA wants a base in BOB???because it is more worried for China than India(who endured presence of US 7th fleet for a long time and habituated with it and with whom we don't have any tussle)..because only Chinese presence in IOR is Coco Islands and USA may want to check the influence of China in that region plus they might keep tab on activities of Chinese forces on Mayanmar and as Mayanmar is slowly but surely moving towards democracy,USA might take that advantage to turn them against China to open another front(mere hypothesis though)..

The US might just want docking rights for its carriers and not exactly a base, A port in Bangladesh features in the naval silk road envisaged by the US, so this could be a prep up for the future planning of the new silk road as well.

silk_road_map_big.jpg

What is it with Pakistan and Ex-Pakistan? Why do you guys so wanna be someone's Poodle? :)

Pakistan was America's Poodle before it started biting it, which then then triggered the US to put a shock collar on it. Now it is China's lap as a "Chinese crested" with the shock collar still on.

BD on the other hand has a split personality disorder where one personality wants to be an American Poodle while the other a Chinese Crested at the same time. All the while India is simply interested in putting a Shock collar on it :D

Man!!! South Asia is messed up!!!! :)

If indians are so scared of 7th fleet than billions they have spent and spending on military is worthless junk. Did indins asked that question to themselves? oh well, that is too much for indians to think and too much to ask.

Same Indians fought a war in 1971, even 7th fleet aimed towards our military...... puppy shame buddy, you are trying to insult those whom helped you become Independent country...... anywayz how do you feel if i call binglideshi???? I understand your intention behind calling Indians as indins...... looser....

indians wasted billions for nothing, just news of 7th fleet entire indian establishment is shaking and spewing bs through think tank and indian media and even hired few stooges in other countries. What a pity.

And just how are you so certain that the two begums serve Western interests? Begging is not considered a worthy initiative to form strong bonds. US intel already made it very clear that Tarique was a very serious threat to their interests.

I just said US/Western bloc love to see on power our two begums like personalities (without personality in fact :P) like they installed both in Iraq and Afghanistan. Did you see that these two begums ever took part or interfered in any international issue like Zia, Ershad did (or even Mujib)? US likes such people on throne.

Any ascends throne on a country like Bangladesh serves foreign interest somehow visibly/invisibly. You have to feel that, there are IMF, World Bank, ADB...they take care of that. But they (western bloc) don't need to be served by these two begums, they are just dolls. If you really like to know if they are somehow serving their interests or not, you needn't go further..just look at Oil/Gas giants dancing on our soil. Did we get any compensation for Magurchara (sorry..forgot the exact name) incidents...no. If Zia/Ershad were there they would have some stance on this. Look at BP, they are bound to compensate US a big bucks for last year's incident on US bay.

And as far as the current begum is concerned, check the FM's reactions.

I already said about it in my previous post if ever revolt (against US/Western bloc) easier to kill plotting coup or remove from throne by mass revolution. They'll have some nice treatment for these stupid behavior but this time I think there's another chemistry with our PM, FM or all ministers.

Anyhow, nothing is going to happen too quickly. It'll happen slowly, and in time. And that through the will of young educated people like you and many others. Not that of the pathetic old ones in power. Democracy!

Hope this happen spontaneously by the people of BD not being played as doll of others which in turn will in future make the same scenario. What I believe is peoples' might is above all, if we are united, no one can intrude upon us.

It's not that we are surrounded by many enemies. We are surrounded by naive fools. Blind leading the blind. And they simply need to be kept in check so that it doesn't hurt people. That's all.

Good that some started to realize the fact..hope it'll spread through everyone.

Can the two begums do that? I doubt it.

Definitely a big NOT.

indians wasted billions for nothing, just news of 7th fleet entire indian establishment is shaking and spewing bs through think tank and indian media and even hired few stooges in other countries. What a pity.

You are a very good troll. But no point wasting time with you, so will leave out the detailed analysis and request all other Indians do the same.

Same Indians fought a war in 1971, even 7th fleet aimed towards our military...... puppy shame buddy, you are trying to insult those whom helped you become Independent country...... anywayz how do you feel if i call binglideshi???? I understand your intention behind calling Indians as indins...... looser....

You better buy a high volume mic that spreads sound throughout world and say this Same Indians fought a war in 1971, even 7th fleet aimed towards our military within a pause of every 30 sec. Thing is all post 71 activities proved why india helped and understanding all the weaving of india, people here in BD still long tried to remain grateful to your country. If they wish to continue more with same gratefulness, it'll end with slavery...got it? Going epic is meaningless though...you served your purpose.

BTW, chasing 7th fleet wasn't ever in dream of india, then what made india dauntless at that time? Dig in more you definitely will know.

You better buy a high volume mic that spreads sound throughout world and say this Same Indians fought a war in 1971, even 7th fleet aimed towards our military within a pause of every 30 sec. Thing is all post 71 activities proved why india helped and understanding all the weaving of india, people here in BD still long tried to remain grateful to your country. If they wish to continue more with same gratefulness, it'll end with slavery...got it? Going epic is meaningless though...you served your purpose.

BTW, chasing 7th fleet wasn't ever in dream of india, then what made india dauntless at that time? Dig in more you definitely will know.

No point in arguing. The only thing they can come up with us is that "look we helped you 71, our
soldiers died. We did it all for love not worrying whether a PAK from 2 sides would have posed a
threat ever. We set up a stooge regime after 71 and subsequently baked the chittagong insurgency for your freedom. We bulid the farraka for your economic interest and are still building dams.
we always conspire to screw you up and set up a stooge regime in 2008 so that we can flood your market with our junk product. We want free corridor through your land and free port facilities.
This is all for your freedom so be grateful to us".

This is the daily ranting of all the Indians here on PDF since they have nothing to argue about. A real low life pathetic bunch of people if you ask me.

No disrespect to anyone in here, but in my opinion, I don't support Seventh Fleet in BD or in BoB to be stationed. It's our backyard, no need to make it muddy. Our regional partner would come first in terms of Geo politics , so India and China should come first rather than US in this respect.

One must doubt this news in first place.

India is always going to influence Geo-Politics of this region and BD has accepted this reality for good, like India who has been very proactive in keeping good relationship with China, unlike Pakistan who is paying the price for messing with heavy weight neighbour.

Having said that, Muslim nation are vulnerable to lying down flat and miscalculating their security calculus when engaging with powerful countries. The situation becomes more complicated when their religious Itch against soft Hindu India with their delusion that Hindus are the pushovers; they feel more invited to solve their issues by confrontations, bullying and acting as proxies of states they assume are enemies of India.

There is pro Pakistan lobby with Bangladeshi flags who have been even found apologetic for BD independence, neglecting and trying to project this new development only against India but not China. Their double talk will always prevail but be limited to mere propaganda because China isn't going to complaint even if she would like to as they aren't doing the same against American presence in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

If those BD posters think BD be able to act independent, would leverage USA's presence in BoB against India then I would call their day dreaming as pure underestimation of Indian diplomatic wisdom and misread of Indo-US partnership of many conveniences.

Back
Top Bottom