What's new

Indian Companies to Invest in Auto Sector in Bangladesh

Sometimes I feel surprised with the comments made by my fellow indian friends...They pass on comments and statements that looks funny arrogant...Guys believe me or not...some of our statements really is pretty arrogant and out of any logic...
...Let us think about Tata investment in BD...this is really a funny statement that if indian are not allowed to invest then no one will come up....Come on dear...India is not automobile giant in auto sector...We have to improve a lot....There are far many superior technology wise company available to BD than India..So in case they want ..they can easily go for another country ...

And regarding statement of some BD members...you guys are crazy....you always takes excuse to some Gov decision with a statement that Hasina is providing unhealthy favor to India so blast India for this thing.....Come on dear...Who is hasina for India....She is the PM of BD...Now every GOV look for bussiness oppertunity in all the places...So does Indian Gov approached to BD gov..what is wrong with India here????.....If there is anything wrong then you should go and protest your own house....go through the process that is defined by your legal system if you guys feel that TATA entry to the market is not good for BD....And regarding TATA...in case they will not make profit then of course they will close their business....

You are new here. We all have been here for over 2 years. You'll know why we behave like this wrt Bangladesh in due time.

You are new here. We all have been here for over 2 years. You'll know why we behave like this wrt Bangladesh in due time.

Be civic and do not blame others for your own arrogance. Is this not the reason that Bangladeshis find fault at and speak negative about India? Your arrogance started in 1971 when you sacrificed 1,300 lives to GAIN indendence for us. What a hypocrats you guys are? How can you disrespect our sacrifice that we made in that war? It was more than a million lives?

Your another arrogancy comes from your big size. You try to bully us because we are weak and small. Isn't it the reason that we are arming ourselves to the teeth with Chinese arms? No Bangladeshi will speak against investment by any Chinese or any other non-Indian and non-Pakistani investment in Bangladesh.

We have already seen what Indian cars are in our streets. Now, you claim you have developed good cars. But, your cheap stunt in BD will not get you any big market. In two years time all the Indian cars are ruined, the bodies buckle, paints fall off. So, build something that is good for our roads and meets the demand of the consumers. Indian goods are known today as shoddy products in BD, to tell you frankly.

This is a reason for us to buy Japanese re-conditioned vehicles 4/5 year old. These can be used for another 15 or 20 years even in our condition.

^^ How does one explain the sale of 100 new Mahindra Boleros in Bangladesh, for a price tag of 4 Million Takas then? (thats close to 60,000 USD)!
Imagine if this car was made in Bangladesh cost would be less than 1/3rd(no 200% tax and locally produced). Market is there, quality of Indian cars has improved a lot and they are being exported all over the world! But for whatever reasons these cars are just not good enough for the Merc standards of the Bangladeshis on PDF.

Bangladesh's preference for reconditioned cars is making life harder for brands trying to shake the Toyota stranglehold.

Add-ons frequently offered by the reconditioned market - drivers often order cars customised with DVD players - makes new, alternative brands less appealing.

"I can't modify, I can't add a DVD player," complained Masud Reza Siddiqui, general manager at Multimode Transport Consultants, sole agents for Malaysia-made Proton in Bangladesh.

Sales are down 20% so far in 2009 at Dhaka-based Multimode, which gets the bulk of its sales from supplying the fleets of government and multinational companies such as HSBC and Unilever in Bangladesh. Multimode sold 150 vehicles in 2008, 44 of them to the country's Ministry of Establishment, which runs its civil service.

Reza Siddiqui's top seller, the 1,600CC Waja costs 1.9 million Bangladeshi Taka (US$28,000) after tax.
Meanwhile, duty on auto imports remains hefty in the country and some, like Khaled Pavel, fear a possible increase in June's budget could further dent his sales in 2009. Tax for imported vehicles in the 1,500CC-plus range stands at 137%. That hurts new entrants competing on price, explained Asif Ahmed, sales executive at Ace Autos, sole agent for Great Wall in Bangladesh.

Sales of the Hover CUV - retail price 3 million Taka (US$44,600) - and Wingle pick-up (US$22,300) have not been very significant, since the 2007 launch, but are rising, he said. Ace has enlisted local musician Shafin Ahmed to advertise the Wingle, sold by Ace with a two year 'bumper to bumper' warranty of up to 30,000 kilometres.

Meanwhile, leading Dhaka retailer Rangs Motors Ltd has ditched China brand Geely in favour of India's Mahindra.

Assistant general manager Satyajit Saha said customers who griped over Geely quality have been impressed by the "durability" and fuel efficiency of the Mahindra Bolero SUV: 100 vehicles have been sold since early 2008. India has no favourable trade terms with its neighbour. That means the 2.5L Bolero's 4 million Taka (US$59,500) price tag is inflated by 200% tax.

MARKET REVIEW: Bangladesh car market expected to rebound: Automotive news & analysis

In before Hindu agent, I highlighted the saffron terrorist:lol:

Be civic and do not blame others for your own arrogance. Is this not the reason that Bangladeshis find fault at and speak negative about India? Your arrogance started in 1971 when you sacrificed 1,300 lives to GAIN indendence for us. What a hypocrats you guys are? How can you disrespect our sacrifice that we made in that war? It was more than a million lives?

Your another arrogancy comes from your big size. You try to bully us because we are weak and small. Isn't it the reason that we are arming ourselves to the teeth with Chinese arms? No Bangladeshi will speak against investment by any Chinese or any other non-Indian and non-Pakistani investment in Bangladesh.

We have already seen what Indian cars are in our streets. Now, you claim you have developed good cars. But, your cheap stunt in BD will not get you any big market. In two years time all the Indian cars are ruined, the bodies buckle, paints fall off. So, build something that is good for our roads and meets the demand of the consumers. Indian goods are known today as shoddy products in BD, to tell you frankly.

This is a reason for us to buy Japanese re-conditioned vehicles 4/5 year old. These can be used for another 15 or 20 years even in our condition.

Who cares if you buy our cars or not. Less than 30000 cars per year is laughable. Arrogance is when you talk as if everyone in Bangladesh has a car and middle class in Bangladesh has higher standards. Never mind I'll leave it to your ignorance.

Meanwhile, leading Dhaka retailer Rangs Motors Ltd has ditched China brand Geely in favour of India's Mahindra.

Assistant general manager Satyajit Saha said customers who griped over Geely quality have been impressed by the "durability" and fuel efficiency of the Mahindra Bolero SUV

Seems like the Chini maal sucks ;)

On the other hand, it's probably a ploy by Hindu awami dalals to further Indian agendas :coffee:

Sometimes I feel surprised with the comments made by my fellow indian friends...They pass on comments and statements that looks funny arrogant...Guys believe me or not...some of our statements really is pretty arrogant and out of any logic...
...Let us think about Tata investment in BD...this is really a funny statement that if indian are not allowed to invest then no one will come up....Come on dear...India is not automobile giant in auto sector...We have to improve a lot....There are far many superior technology wise company available to BD than India..So in case they want ..they can easily go for another country ...

And regarding statement of some BD members...you guys are crazy....you always takes excuse to some Gov decision with a statement that Hasina is providing unhealthy favor to India so blast India for this thing.....Come on dear...Who is hasina for India....She is the PM of BD...Now every GOV look for bussiness oppertunity in all the places...So does Indian Gov approached to BD gov..what is wrong with India here????.....If there is anything wrong then you should go and protest your own house....go through the process that is defined by your legal system if you guys feel that TATA entry to the market is not good for BD....And regarding TATA...in case they will not make profit then of course they will close their business....[/QUOTE]

" Bin bolai mehman", so it is better for you people donnot invest in auto sector in bangladesh and even you invest be prepaired to close it with in a short span of time. As because, I can forsee other than some of the heavy trucks none will be able to sell. "Bin beyai bedhoba".

Are those second hand Indica?
Indica is used mostly as cab in India, as also Logan (Mahindra-Renault). Both are not popular at all as private transport.
Also, indica is very safe to ride.
Tata seems to have done better with nano.(suitable for private use)

They are new Indica. Maybe they used to buy the older models?

Most of the taxi operators in Bangladesh are privately owned. They also used Kias and Corollas and many of them were in very sorry condition afterwards. The operators simply take all the money, but they hardly maintain the cars. The Indicas simply didn't last as long as the Corollas.

Similar story of private bus operators such as Premium Metro back in the 90's (used Tata buses which were good) and Nirpad. All just went down the drain due to lust for money. They just weren't at all service minded. Let alone professional.

However, there are presently many Maruti 800s. They are shabby, but somehow operate.

images

I think that they are cheap and easy to maintain in running condition at least.

From experience as a customer, pre-owned and certified Japanese cars are just simply better than the Indian brands sold in Bangladesh in every way.

Since some users are talking about Bolero here, lets do a practical analysis here. A Bangladeshi consumer with money would always pick a Land Cruiser Prado over a Bolero, even if he has to pay a little extra. That is one reason why we would hardly see any Boleros on the streets of Bangladesh.

Toyota-Land_Cruiser_Prado_1_mp6_pic_67582.jpg

The Prado is one of the most popular SUVs in Bangladesh, mostly among executives (company car) and upper class. The Lexus Harrier and Toyota Kluger are also popular.

Duties imposed of 4x4 vehicles are very high. Higher than any other vehicle.

LOL, whatever makes you feel better.

And what does "maal" mean?

"Maal" means merchandise.

I do see some Great Wall SUVs. Just not as popular as the pre-owned Japanese ones ^^

I am not very familiar with Chinese car brands since I have never owned one.

Don't mind the barking Indians here, they generally rude and stingy to begin with :lol:

" Bin bolai mehman", so it is better for you people donnot invest in auto sector in bangladesh and even you invest be prepaired to close it with in a short span of time. As because, I can forsee other than some of the heavy trucks none will be able to sell. "Bin beyai bedhoba".

First of all, without Bangladesh intention to allow India to invest, we cannot. So get sensible with your posts. I can't understand why you sound like like an astrologer with "I can forsee". Wait for it an you will be proved wrong.

However, there are presently many Maruti 800s. They are shabby, but somehow operate.

images

I think that they are cheap and easy to maintain in running condition at least.

From experience as a customer, pre-owned and certified Japanese cars are just simply better than the Indian brands sold in Bangladesh in every way.

Since some users are talking about Bolero here, lets do a practical analysis here. A Bangladeshi consumer with money would always pick a Land Cruiser Prado over a Bolero, even if he has to pay a little extra. That is one reason why we would hardly see any Boleros on the streets of Bangladesh.

Toyota-Land_Cruiser_Prado_1_mp6_pic_67582.jpg

The Prado is one of the most popular SUVs in Bangladesh, mostly among executives (company car) and upper class. The Lexus Harrier and Toyota Kluger are also popular.

Duties imposed of 4x4 vehicles are very high. Higher than any other vehicle.

Thats the whole point of the argument! 100 Boleros were sold with a price tag of USD 60,000! Imagine if Mahindra sets up a plant in Bangladesh how cheap it would be? It sells for 5-7 Lacs INR in India.(Thats about 20,000USD). You could buy 5 Boleros for the price of one Land Cruiser.

And about Maruti 800, yes its a shitbox, no doubt. But its from the license raj era. Ever since the Indian market opened up, Maruti-Suzuki had to lift their game up. I don't think they are even making Maruti 800's anymore. On the other hand they are exporting Maruti made Suzuki A-Stars and Altos and all sorts of small cars to Australian, European, South East Asian and South American markets. If these cars are good enough for Europe, someone saying that they aren't good enough for Bangladesh is just laughable.

Suzuki board member, senior managing executive officer and executive general manager for global marketing, Toshihiro Suzuki, who was in Australia for the facelifted Grand Vitara launch, said that there will be no issues if Australia sources the new sub-light car from its factories in India or Hungary.

“Quality out of India and Hungary the same and both nearly as good as Japan,” he said.

Suzuki 2009 Alto - Suzuki wishing on A-Star | GoAuto

investment of indian companies in Bangladesh auto sector will be beneficial for both. indian companies will have new foreign market where demand for small cars with reasonable price is big. Bangladeshi people will get good cars in reasonable price.

"Maal" means merchandise.

I do see some Great Wall SUVs. Just not as popular as the pre-owned Japanese ones ^^

I am not very familiar with Chinese car brands since I have never owned one.

Don't mind the barking Indians here, they generally rude and stingy to begin with :lol:

Yeah too bad the comment about Geely not being good enough was made by a Bangladeshi in the report.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom