What's new

Indian Companies to Invest in Auto Sector in Bangladesh

Thats what I have heard also... heck I want my gass guzzling, smoke spewing, suspension rattling Japanese second hand car.... who cares about a brand new energy efficient urban transport vehicle for the masses.

Damn these bharatis trying to shove their hinduvta drenched cars.

I know little bit about car as I used to sell Ford in my student life as a part time Job.
If you ever drove Japanese cars then you will know. Even I will buy a 3 years old Toyota than a American brand new Ford. Average life expectancy of a American car is 100,000 Miles whereas I seen Toyotas and Hondas having 250,000 miles. Low maintenance, high fuel efficiency and above all they dont get stuck on the road. Safety ratings for Japanese cars are pretty low though.

Like Mercedeze the Japanese cars salesman used to sell cars saying that Once you drive a Japanese car you will never drive anything else. I sold Korean Cars, I sold Nissan as well. I seen competition from and was familiar with Jaguar, Audi, Voxwagon, Mercedeze. Except Mercedeze nobody came close to Japanese with respect to quality and durability and price.

Comparing Indian TATA with Japs are complete nonsense I think.

hmm ....... i just want to knw wht are the cars made by TATA that are available in Bangladesh? Is jaguar available:unsure:

Most Bangladeshis drive second hand cars from Japan. Cars imported from India are a lot more expensive. So, nobody buy them.

Theres something wrong with your head. Well yes most of them are Pre-Owned cars(thats the civilized term). Now the Tax rate is based or calculated according to the yellow book base price. Indian brand new cars costs around 8-12 lacs. Now why do you think anyone would bye a 2009 model corolla at 15lacs? Thats because theyr are refurbished at factory specs so its as good as new and theres less depreciation factor to think about(models older then 4yrs are not allowed to import). Wonder what anyone would get if they tried to sell a maruti?

Theres something wrong with your head. Well yes most of them are Pre-Owned cars(thats the civilized term). Now the Tax rate is based or calculated according to the yellow book base price. Indian brand new cars costs around 8-12 lacs. Now why do you think anyone would bye a 2009 model corolla at 15lacs? Thats because theyr are refurbished at factory specs so its as good as new and theres less depreciation factor to think about. Wonder what anyone would get if they tried to sell a maruti?

Thanks for breaking it down, it all comes to value for money, clearly at the price you quoted, it will be a crime to buy maruti small car.

However, even if we assume that all Indian cars are of low quality, bangladeshis should encourage investment there. It creates jobs and local economy.
Those who want low quality cheap car should have the option to buy one, now they dont have an option.

It will be difficult to find any Indian who will oppose bangladeshi investment in India.
We want more capital, more jobs, more industries. Does not matter who brings it to us.

Maruti uses japanesse tech>> suzuki right?so japanesse tech dnt get blamed fr the maruti crapness ..... lol.

Theres something wrong with your head. Well yes most of them are Pre-Owned cars(thats the civilized term). Now the Tax rate is based or calculated according to the yellow book base price. Indian brand new cars costs around 8-12 lacs. Now why do you think anyone would bye a 2009 model corolla at 15lacs? Thats because theyr are refurbished at factory specs so its as good as new and theres less depreciation factor to think about(models older then 4yrs are not allowed to import). Wonder what anyone would get if they tried to sell a maruti?

Honda and Toyota vehicles in Bangladesh showrooms are manufactured and imported from India.

Maruti uses japanesse tech>> suzuki right?so japanesse tech dnt get blamed fr the maruti crapness ..... lol.

In a car every nuts a bolts counts. When you sit in a car first try to look around all the joints and welding then the painting which are visible to your eyes. Japanese tech does not mean Japan made. I seen a Hero Honda which is Japanese tech but the moment I looked at the casting quality of the gear pedal I assesed the quality of that bike and whether it is as par with Japanese quality.

Suzuki is not the best car company in Japan let alone in the world. Suzuki cant even compete with Korean Kia. Besides what kind of tech it uses in Maruti is also need to be looked at. Tech does not mean, alloys were made in Japan nor proper temperature control were maintained while casting nor it guarantees proper finishing and welding by Japanese workers.

Honda and Toyota vehicles in Bangladesh showrooms are manufactured and imported from India.

It is OK as long as it is manufactured in Toyota or Honda factory in India.

Thought you were referring to TATA or Maruti.

Maruti "Suzuki" was part of a venture with Suzuki of Japan :P

Tata cars like Manza and Aria look good. Not much idea about their quality though, since I have never seen one in Dhaka.

Saw many of those Tata Indicas as taxis in Dhaka though. After 6 months, they looked like scrap cars :rofl:

Maruti "Suzuki" was part of a venture with Suzuki of Japan :P

Tata cars like Manza and Aria look good. Not much idea about their quality though, since I have never seen one in Dhaka.

Saw many of those Tata Indicas as taxis in Dhaka though. After 6 months, they looked like scrap cars :rofl:

Are those second hand Indica?
Indica is used mostly as cab in India, as also Logan (Mahindra-Renault). Both are not popular at all as private transport.
Also, indica is very safe to ride.
Tata seems to have done better with nano.(suitable for private use)

Fine.I would be happy too.In fact i want Indian giants to open up factories in India .More Indians will get employed in that way and industrial sector will grow.But do remember one thing , allowing Indian firms to operate smoothly in Bangladesh will be a sort of litmus test for future investments coming into the country.If Indian companies are not allowed to operate smoothly , no other company will come .

Sometimes I feel surprised with the comments made by my fellow indian friends...They pass on comments and statements that looks funny arrogant...Guys believe me or not...some of our statements really is pretty arrogant and out of any logic...
...Let us think about Tata investment in BD...this is really a funny statement that if indian are not allowed to invest then no one will come up....Come on dear...India is not automobile giant in auto sector...We have to improve a lot....There are far many superior technology wise company available to BD than India..So in case they want ..they can easily go for another country ...

And regarding statement of some BD members...you guys are crazy....you always takes excuse to some Gov decision with a statement that Hasina is providing unhealthy favor to India so blast India for this thing.....Come on dear...Who is hasina for India....She is the PM of BD...Now every GOV look for bussiness oppertunity in all the places...So does Indian Gov approached to BD gov..what is wrong with India here????.....If there is anything wrong then you should go and protest your own house....go through the process that is defined by your legal system if you guys feel that TATA entry to the market is not good for BD....And regarding TATA...in case they will not make profit then of course they will close their business....

Back
Top Bottom