What's new

Indian chopper forced to land in Olding, Pakistan, after violating airspace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cab any one please eaborate; these questions:

1. What is the nearest PAF air base to skardu with active pilots and jets in ready to fly state for interception.
2. Which fighter jets PAF might have use, as (F16 are far away in srgodha and jacobabad).
3. Could it be JF17 from peshawar squadron?

very likely and can be symbolic too, but I think F-7 interceptors could've been used.
if its JF-17s then people might tout that as the first soft kill ;).

the thing is, Khurmung and Olding are not on the borderline and one can understand a jet plane straying into Pakistani space that deep but not a helicopter. they were either on a recon operation and got caught or maybe transporting their senior passenger on a routine visit of the forward Indian posts.

there is another possibility as well, they are trying to suss out our air cover and surveillance and it will be better if the details are not elaborated to help them with something if they are planning anything more drastic. Air violations do happen sometimes deliberate and sometimes accidentally due to bad weather and lack of pilot skills. (the video at post #283 varifies my assumption)

It is a cause of celebration and comfort that our air defence systems are good enough for the Indians but lets hope that this event has a peaceful and graceful conclusion.
The captured aircrew and the PAF pilots and our air defence crew are all professionals and serving their countries.

Now our PAF / air defence systems have to be extra vigilant to ensure that the Indians don’t retaliate by targeting our unarmed aircrafts for the sake of revenge.

Can any one please eaborate; these questions:

1. What is the nearest PAF air base to skardu with active pilots and jets in ready to fly state for interception.
2. Which fighter jets PAF might have use, as (F16 are far away in sargodha and jacobabad).

A detachment of F-16s is often stationed in Skardu.

operations-deployments-11-large.jpg

Was the heli belonging to the army aviation corp or the IAF.I am a bit worried because one of my cousins is an IAF cheetah pilot based in Leh.

Give him a call ,if its his voice take a chill pill and if not be assure that some belly dance is going on

2. Which fighter jets PAF might have use, as (F16 are far away in sargodha and jacobabad).
Probably Kamra.....The planes may be F-7s as AF uses these as interceptors....

CNN-IBN is reporting that Pakistan has decided to release Heli and Crew. Take off at any moment now.

Nice gesture. Thank you Pakistan.

I think Kamra... Interceptor could be F7P, ROSE or JFT

But 25 km inside a hostile territory is not a joke. it needs some taking to do that ,can't be done un-knowingly
for a Recon it might not be, to get an active picture of opponent's positions. There is always a margin of maneuvering in bordering area. AFs are very touchy in making engagements at the borderline as the debris may end up on the other side of border even though kill was made within the home border.

Yes F16 could be stationed on skardu air strip, but it very unlikely in this weather. snowfall has already started on skardu mountains. lLeast possibility of any f16 in skardu in these days.

CNN-IBN is reporting that Pakistan has decided to release Heli and Crew. Take off at any moment now.

Nice gesture. Thank you Pakistan.

some members are gonna b very disappointed ... ;)
thank you pakistan ..

Now thats something new for me :).........but would you think it would be operative given the winter has started to set in?

Maj Gen Akhta Abbas, DG ISPR has confirmed that the heli was refuelled and is back in Indian Side. Again Thank you Pakistan.

All the 4 Officers are freed and will be flying back once weather allows...

edit: Chopper Back in India...Diplomacy works....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom