What's new

India voices concerns over US drone sale to Pak

hay guys just a share of thoughts.Why we are not doing joint ventures with Iran? they have made a lot of progress in the Technology.

for example?? :what:
i dont of much that they have and we will like to get!!
(apart form gas and petrol ofcourse:lol: )
i men seriously then have nothing much to offer!
yes turkey is the right option if want joint ventures!!

regards!

Hell yeah , the Indians are always crying for arms , as many have mentioned such a Phalcon , Nuke capable submarine , Aircraft carriers and stuff..

Pakistan got to have something matching and we would not worry abt what they say!

Predeators will improve our defence for sure if received , and Block 50,52+ , FC/20's Cruise missiels and specially FT2000 , and sapada systems will optimise the performance of PDF ( pakistan defence forces)
Pk's ICBM programe would be a pain in the neck for many i promise you guys so be prepared for talking on them soon..

Regards

We share and seek tectical , historical , religious , and ofcourse Stretegic partnership with iran they are our brothers.
Have you heard about the Railway Between Pakistan , Iran and Turkey.

i really wish pakistan gets there hand on these drones and use em against india. these drones have never been pitted potent system.
our su-30, mig etc will have nice targets to shoot down.
if PAF claims they CAN shoot them down , so can IAF anytime.
i say bring em on:sniper::sniper:

We share and seek tectical , historical , religious , and ofcourse Stretegic partnership with iran they are our brothers.
Have you heard about the Railway Between Pakistan , Iran and Turkey.
well we surely have,,
the discussion was about military collaboration and not about historical , religious , and railways!

yes, trade and cooperation in other industries with iran have potential but one cannot think of much when it comes to military cooperation. the only case that comes to my mind is that if our government muster up courage and go ahead to help them in this fiels with Al-Khalid, APCs and perhaps JF17 project then it will be a potential market and we can generate some good money. moreover an arms-ffor-oil can also be made possible and that will be very very beneficial for both these countries but for this we will have to satnd the international presure !

regards!

i really wish pakistan gets there hand on these drones and use em against india. these drones have never been pitted potent system.

Do u actually think that PAF will do that?? wake up man :hitwall: that is really a childesh play u thought of in your mind ! we do have aircrafts my friend for that job! and anyhow its this hatered type talk that doesnt lead ever to peace wakey wakey time for u :blink:

r u serious?? :lol:
we are not this much freaking stupid tht we will field Drones against ur MKIs etc
i m waiting for the day u ppl will shoot em down :P
yeah we will bring em on, if u ppl are not scared :P of it then say ur Minister to stop crying and giving stupid statements tht drones will cause regional in stability :hitwall:

Originally Posted by marcos98
i say bring em on
oh, i was expecting such a post after wwe get these drones. i man, this is how it always turn out to be..
whenever Pakistan tries to get any military equipment we hear loud croes that this procurement is goint to sabotag the so called peace in the region and will creat such an imbalance of power in the region that earth may tilt from its axis
but
as soon as we get them, they are no more then a junk and indians claim that this system can be tackled with air-guns!!
i wonder how how can one change his words at such an amazing pace!!

regards!

regards!

Well Iran is actually quite advanced in the military, space and biology sector. Here's a couple of examples ...

"Iranian Scientists clone Goat"

Iranian Scientists Clone Goat - CBS News

"Launch of Iran's first domestically produced Satellite"

Iran launches Omid, its first domestically produced satellite | World news | guardian.co.uk

"Indigenously produced light attack helicopter Shahed 285"

New Light Attack Chopper "Shahed 285" Joins Iran Fleet, page 1

"Indigenous production of hovercraft for the Navy"

Fars News Agency :: Iran Starts Production of 'Younes 6' Hovercrafts

"Production start of Iran's first home-built Submarine"

Iran begins new submarine production

I can keep going on and on. But I hope these examples are sufficient for the time being.

Hello to my Indian friends over here. Last Monday, a women in my neighbors gave birth to twin boys. I just wanted to know if that is okay and India does not feel threatened with that? I mean if you guys feel some urgency to have another set of twins at your side so the regional stability would not affect? I mean just in case? Yaa?

Hello to my Indian friends over here. Last Monday, a women in my neighbors gave birth to twin boys. I just wanted to know if that is okay and India does not feel threatened with that? I mean if you guys feel some urgency to have another set of twins at your side so the regional stability would not affect? I mean just in case? Yaa?

As long as they are registered in the local school then college. I don't think Indians will giva a damn. because they would also would have to counter them twins with it's indigenious twins to get the highest degrees. Now that would be a compition to watch.:cheers:

As long as they are registered in the local school then college. I don't think Indians will giva a damn. because they would also would have to counter them twins with it's indigenious twins to get the highest degrees. Now that would be a compition to watch.:cheers:

BlackPearl, your Indian skull is soooo evident from this post! Stop wearing masks buddy :woot: That was referred to Indian friends and you just could not hold on to your desire to bash and hit a score! LOL.!

Last edited:
well good enough black pearl if the indegenoius twins on you side are real indegenious and do not have much foreign connections! LOL

regards!
its not always about the question what do they have.It is about can we jointly explore or not.Remember they have tomcats even though phased out by US but they are still highly regarded as very capable by naval avions I think we can learn to design a heavy aircraft by forming a joint venture they have made miles progress in last 20-25 years.here is a list that i got from wiki
Defense production

The following list consists of some weapons systems that Iran manufactures domestically:

[edit] Aircraft and Helicopters
HESA Saeqeh was first test-flown in 2004 and has been delivered to the air force since 2007

* Azarakhsh - modified copy of U.S. F-5 Freedom Fighter, one-seat fighter aircraft, and combat capable trainer. [1][2][3]
* Saegheh 80 - fighter aircraft. [4] Second generation Azarakhsh with a twin upright tail configuration.
* Shafaq - advanced light fighter/trainer, still in development. [5]
* IR.An-140. - licensed production of Russian Antonov An-140 [6]
* Parastoo - propeller-driven training aircraft. Reverse engineered Beech F33 Bonanza. [7][3][8]
* Dorna - training aircraft [9][3]
* JT2-2 Tazarv - third generation of the Dorna mentioned above.[2] Still in prototype stage.
* Simorgh(aircraft)- training aircraft.[10]
* Fajr F.3 - Indigenous trainer aircraft
* Panha 2091 - overhauled U.S. AH-1 Cobra refitted with indigenous components.[11]
* Shabaviz 2061 - overhauled U.S. Bell 206 JetRanger refitted with indigenous components.[11]
* Shabaviz 275 - overhauled U.S. Bell 205 JetRanger refitted with indigenous components[11]
* Bell 214 - Reverse engineered and built in Iran
* HESA Shahed 278 - Developed from Bell 206 & Panha Shabaviz 2061
* HESA Shahed 285 - New Iranian Designed Attack Helicopter [12] [13][14]

[edit] Unmanned aerial vehicles

* Ababil [15]
* Mohajer I/II/III/IV [16]

[edit] Aircraft upgrades and components

* Iran claims to have upgraded its US-made F-4, F-5, and F-14 fighter jets, and produced spare parts including tires, avionics, and engine components.[17][18]

[edit] Simulators

* F-4 Phantom Simulator[19]

* Helicopter Simulators (AH-1J & Bell 206)[20]

[edit] Radar systems

* Electro-optical/radar system[21]
* E-warfare systems[22][23]

[edit] Missiles

[edit] Medium range (MRBM)
Ghadr-110 with a range between 2,000 and 3,000 km.[24]

Medium range missiles are considered to have a range between 1000 and 3000 kilometers.

* Shahab-3A/B/C - strategic MRBM with a range of 1,200 km to 2,100 km.
* Ghadr-110 MRBM with a range of 2000-3000 km.[25]
* Ashoura missile/Sajjil - 2 stage solid fuel MRBM with a range of 2,000 km.[26]
* Fajr-3 MIRV warhead.

[edit] Short range (SRBM)

Short range missiles are considered to have a range up to 1000 kilometers.

* Shahab-1 - tactical SRBM with a range of 350 km. copy of Soviet SS-1c/Scud-B[27]
* Shahab-2 - tactical SRBM with a range of 750 km copy of Soviet SS-1d/Scud-C [28]
* Fateh-110 - single-stage solid-propellant SRBM with a range of 200 km
* Zelzal 1/2/3 - single-stage SRBM with a range of 200 to 400km [29][30][31]
* Fajr-5 - artillery rocket [32]
* Fajr-3 - artillery rocket[33][34]

[edit] Anti-tank missiles

* Raad - copy of Soviet AT-3 Sagger [35]
* RPG-7 copy of Soviet RPG-7. Iran is forecast to manufacture 2.88 percent of the worlds RPG-7's by 2014. [36]
* RPG-29
* Saegheh - improved version of the RPG-7 [37]
* Toophan Copy of American TOW missile
* Toophan 2 Improved Toophan
* Towsan Iranian version of the 9M113 Konkurs/AT-5 Spandrel

[edit] Air defence weapons

* Misagh-1 - copy of Chinese QW-1 Vanguard with some Chinese upgrades[38]
* Misagh-2 - copy of Chinese QW-1 Vanguard [38]
* Samavat 35mm Anti-Aircraft Guns - Copy of Oerlikon 35 mm twin cannon skyguard [39]
* Shahab Saqeb or Shahab Thaqeb (شهاب ثاقب) - copy of the Chinese HQ-7 (FM-80)
* MIM-23 Hawk copy of MIM-23 HAWK
* SM-1 copy of RIM-66 Standard.
* Sayyad-1 / Sayyad-1A - upgraded copy of Chinese HQ-2[40], Sayyad-1A has IR tracking.
* Fajr-8 - copy of S-200 [41]
* Fajr-27 - rapid fire cannon [42][43]
* Fath (victory) - the 40-millimeter naval cannon's range is 12 km and shoots 300 projectiles per minute.[44][45]
* Shahin - supersonic ground-to-air guided missile with a range of more than 40 kilometers capable of targeting fighter jets and helicopters.[46]

[edit] Bombs

* Qadr - Electro-optically guided 2000lb glide-bomb[47]
* Zoobin - Electro-optically guided 750lb glide-bomb [47]
* Qased - Electro-optically guided 2000lb bomb.

[edit] Air-to-air missiles

* Fatter - copy of U.S. AIM-9 Sidewinder [48][17]
* Sedjil - copy of U.S. MIM-23 Hawk converted to be carried by aircraft [17]
* Sattar 1/2/3/4 - Medium Range air-to-air missiles developed based on Sedjil and MIM-23 Hawk
* AIM-54 Phoenix- produced in Iran.

[edit] Naval missiles

* RAAD - Indigenously developed long-range anti-ship missile based on HY-2 Silkworm.
* Noor - upgraded copy of Chinese C-802.[49]
* Tondar - upgraded copy of Chinese C-801. Similar to Noor but powered by solid rocket booster and range of 50km.[50][51][52]
* Thaqeb - Similar to Noor, modified for submarine launch. [53][54]
* Kowsar 1/2/3 - Several versions based on Chinese C-701 TL-10 and C-704[55][56]
* Nasr - Copy of TL-6B
* Fajre Darya- copy of Sea Killer II.

[edit] Torpedo

* Hoot - A supercavitation torpedo. Possible copy of the Russian VA-111 Shkval.

[edit] Armored Vehicles

* Zulfiqar MBT - Developed from U.S. M1 Abrams and M60 Patton[57]
* T-72Z Safir-74 - Indigenously upgraded Soviet T-54/55 and Chinese Type 59[57]
* Mobarez - Indigenously upgraded of British Chieftain.
* T-72S - Soviet T-72 produced under license in Iran[57]
* Tosan - Iranian light tank for unconventional warfare, developed from British FV101 Scorpion.[58]
* Cobra BMT-2 - Concept vehicle for the Boragh armed with 23 mm anti-aircraft gun for use as a fire support vehicle.[59]
* Boragh - Copy of Soviet BMP-1 with indigenous upgrades[57]
* Rakhsh - Developed from Soviet BRDM[57]

[edit] Other vehicles

* Sepher - Iranian tactivall vehicle [4] [5]
* Safir Jeep [6]
* Tondar 1/4TON Tactical Jeep[7]

[edit] Artillery

* Raad 1 - SP gun Chinese Type WZ 501/503 armored infantry fighting vehicle with Russian 122mm gun mounted on top.
* Raad 2 - SP gun based on the U.S. M109 howitzer[57]

[edit] Small arms

* MPT-9 - Tondar submachine gun - copy of MP5 (H & K licenced production)[60]
* KH-2002 - 5.56mm bullpup conversion kit for the M-16[61][60]
* S-5.56 - copy of Norinco CQ, Chinese clone of the M-16 [60]
* KL-7.62 - copy of AKM [60]
* G3A6 - copy of G3 7.62 mm (H & K licenced production)[60]
* MGA3 - copy of MG3 7.62 mm (Rheinmetal licenced production) [62] [60]
* PC-9 "Zoaf" - copy of Swiss-German SIG P226 pistol [60]
* PKM-T80 - copy of Soviet PKM [60]
* MGD-12.7mm - copy of Soviet DShK [60]
* Nakhjir - copy of Soviet SVD[60]

[edit] Boats

* Sina class - Iranian built, heavily upgraded, French Kaman (Combattante II) class missile boats.
o Paykan
o Joshan
* Moudge class - Iranian built, upgraded and modified British Alvand (Saam) class (aka Vosper Mk 5 type) frigates.
o Moudge I
o Moudge II
* Iranian made Fast Attack Craft/Torpedo Boat (name unknown) [63]
* Yunes 6 - six-passenger hovercraft[64]

[edit] Submarines

* Qaaem Class Submarine [65]

Midget Submarines

* Ghadir Class Submarine - [66]
* Nahang Class Submarine[67]
List of military equipment manufactured in Iran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Back
Top Bottom