What's new

India unsafe for tourist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at this mazubair chap, Always posting anti India stuff.
Dude you know what is going on in your country right?
Tourists can't even do a visit to your country, Heck you talk about India! Every day taliban butcher your people, shoot them in the head lol.
I can see paksitan is a heaven for tourists as they will ultimately go up there only lol.

Yeah it happens in Waziristan region, i dont think any tourist visit that Area now, except for reporters may be, Taliban is a terrorist organisation, what can we expect from them, tell me what does terrorists organisation do in your country?? do they send barfis or golab gamuns to Indian people??,
i have seen alot of tourists in Islamabad where i live, Tourist Visits Pakistan and they are respected over here, what happens in India, they are murdered or raped??

What is Toursim doing in India Defence Section ??
Why are Such Threads allowed to Be Discussed at all ??

To chinese and pakistani trollers. Some will earn 50 cent others will feel good in 18-20 hours of power cuts. :rofl::rofl:

But, fact remain that this thread is not belongs to India Defense section or even defense forum like PDF.

I reported you post for trolling and personal attacks, hope mod is going to ban you soon.:pop:

india gets more tourists than the entire popultaion of bangladesh or pakistan or thailand.

THIS THREAD SHOUL BE POSTED IN GEOPOLTICAL ISSUES NOT HEAR IN DEFENCE SECTION

AND HAVE FUN JUST ANOTHER FLAMING THREAD

Tourism & Hospitality

Tourism & Hospitality

As per the Travel and Tourism Competitiveness Report 2009 by the World Economic Forum, India is ranked 11th in the Asia Pacific region and 62nd overall, moving up three places on the list of the world's attractive destinations. It is ranked the 14th best tourist destination for its natural resources and 24th for its cultural resources, with many World Heritage sites, both natural and cultural, rich fauna, and strong creative industries in the country. India also bagged 37th rank for its air transport network. The India travel and tourism industry ranked 5th in the long-term (10-year) growth and is expected to be the second largest employer in the world by 2019.

India has been ranked the "best country brand for value-for-money" in the Country Brand Index (CBI) survey conducted by FutureBrand, a leading global brand consultancy. India also claimed the second place in CBI's "best country brand for history", as well as appears among the top 5 in the best country brand for authenticity and art & culture, and the fourth best new country for business. India made it to the list of "rising stars" or the countries that are likely to become major tourist destinations in the next five years, led by the United Arab Emirates, China, and Vietnam.

Contribution to the economy

According to the Travel & Tourism Competitiveness Report 2009 brought out by the World Economic Forum, the contribution of travel and tourism to gross domestic product (GDP) is expected to be at US$ 187.3 billion by 2019.

The report also states that real GDP growth for travel and tourism economy is expected to achieve an average of 7.7 per cent per annum over the next 10 years. Export earnings from international visitors and tourism goods are expected to generate US$ 51.4 billion (nominal terms) by 2019. The travel and tourism sector which accounted for 6.4 per cent of total employment in 2009 is expected to generate 40,037,000 jobs i.e. 7.2 per cent of total employment by 2019.

Foreign Tourist Arrivals

Estimates of foreign tourist arrivals (FTAs) and foreign exchange earnings (FEE) are important indicators of the tourism sector.

According to the latest data released by the Ministry of Tourism, FTAs during January 2010 were 491,000 as compared to 422,000 in January 2009, an increase of 16.4 per cent. FEE in US$ terms during January 2010 were US$ 1.21 billion as compared to US$ 941 million in January 2009, a growth of 29.1 per cent.

Moreover, to give a further boost to the tourist arrivals, the Indian Association of Tour Operators (IATO) has drawn up plans to hold roadshows in the US, UK, European Union nations and Australia in 2010 to hard sell India as a tourist hub.

Government Initiative

The campaign ‘Visit India Year 2009’ was launched at the International Tourism Exchange in Berlin, aimed to project India as an attractive destination for holidaymakers. The government joined hands with leading airlines, hoteliers, holiday resorts and tour operators, and offered them a wide range of incentives and bonuses during the period between April and December, 2009.

Euromonitor International's Travel And Tourism in India report states that the Government of India increased spend on advertising campaigns (including for the campaigns ‘Incredible India’ and ‘Ahithi Devo Bhava’ - Visitors are like God) to reinforce the rich variety of tourism in India. The ministry promoted India as a safe tourist destination and undertook various measures, such as stepping up vigilance in key cities and at historically important tourist sites. It also deployed increased manpower and resources for improving security checks at key airports and railway stations.

Yeah it happens in Waziristan region, i dont think any tourist visit that Area now, except for reporters may be, Taliban is a terrorist organisation, what can we expect from them, tell me what does terrorists organisation do in your country?? do they send barfis or golab gamuns to Indian people??,
i have seen alot of tourists in Islamabad where i live, Tourist Visits Pakistan and they are respected over here, what happens in India, they are murdered or raped??

That's why increasing number of tourists are coming to india year by year to be murdered & raped here,lol.

Medical Tourism

Despite the economic slowdown, medical tourism in India is the fastest growing segment of tourism industry, according to the market research report “Booming Medical Tourism in India”. The report adds that India offers a great potential in the medical tourism industry. Factors such as low cost, scale and range of treatments provided in the country add to its attractiveness as a medical tourism destination.

In addition to the existence of modern medicine, indigenous medical practitioners are providing their services across the country with more than 3,000 hospitals and 726,000 registered practitioners catering to the needs of traditional Indian healthcare. A number of Indian hotels will tie up with professional organisations in a range of wellness fields to enter the wellness services market.

According to a report by RNCOS, medical tourism will grow at a CAGR of over 27 per cent in the period 2009–12 to generate revenues worth US$ 2.4 billion by 2012. The number of medical tourists is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of over 19 per cent to reach 1.1 million by 2012. The report adds that India’s share in the global medical tourism industry will climb to around 2.4 per cent by the end of 2012.

Hospitality

The Indian hotel industry is adding over 90,000 more rooms across the country in the next five years to meet the demand. The contribution of the hotel industry to the country’s GDP was 6.1 per cent in 2008-09.

Carlson Group, the global hospitality chain, is bringing its luxury hotel brand Regent to India and has signed an agreement with real estate firm, Pioneer Urban Land and Infrastructure, which will invest US$ 49.97 million for building the first Regent hotel in Gurgaon that will open in 2013.
The Leela plans to open six more properties by 2013, taking the total number of hotels to 12.
ITC Ltd expects to add 8-10 hotels in India in the next 3-5 years to the existing 110 that it currently operates.
The Thailand-based hospitality major, Amari, plans to foray into the Indian market by setting up seven four-star hotels near major airports in the country.
The Road Ahead

According to the latest Tourism Satellite Accounting (TSA) research, released by the World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC) and its strategic partner Oxford Economics in March 2009:

The demand for travel and tourism in India is expected to grow by 8.2 per cent between 2010 and 2019 and will place India at the third position in the world.
India's travel and tourism sector is expected to be the second largest employer in the world, employing 40,037,000 by 2019.
Capital investment in India's travel and tourism sector is expected to grow at 8.8 per cent between 2010 and 2019.
The report forecasts India to get capital investment worth US$ 94.5 billion in the travel and tourism sector in 2019.
India is projected to become the fifth fastest growing business travel destination from 2010-2019 with an estimated real growth rate of 7.6 per cent.
Preparing for the 2010 Commonwealth Games in Delhi, the Tourism Ministry is exploring the provision of tented accommodation to tourists in Faridabad and Surajkund in nearby Haryana.

I reported you post for trolling and personal attacks, hope mod is going to ban you soon.:pop:

what personal attack??

Are you accepting yourself as troll or 50 cent army??

You your self posted the following troll, flame and personal attack:

"To Indian trollers, shame on you no balls people, if you feel so embarrass to discuss about India unsafe for tourist which is true, just go away please. "

You are a green horn a new member and your flame post reflects your intention just to troll and get banned and then make a new ID.

Yeah it happens in Waziristan region, i dont think any tourist visit that Area now, except for reporters may be, Taliban is a terrorist organisation, what can we expect from them, tell me what does terrorists organisation do in your country do they seed barfis or golab gamuns to Indian people??,
i have seen alot of tourist in Islamabad where i live, Tourist Visits Pakistan and they are respected over here, what happens in India, they are murdered or raped??

You respect them? Are you sure about that? And visitors from which country? US?, Europe?, Mexico? From where? Perhaps only chinese visits.

Where you live and you have seen them blah blah and i agree! Lol. I have a PG here in New Delhi and Americans Europeans all come and stay at my PG . They are liking it very much here and don't want go back. This happens in India. They love it here unlike yours.

let the jealous people burn with thier desperation....
we are just waiting for commonwealth .. ill try to get a thai chick for date then...:smitten:
:wave::wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom