What's new

India, UK should keep eye on China military:British defence secretary Liam Fox

lol, my very first post was about china making decision and now you said India will make a decision.

Well it is India's decision to make.

My personal opinion: Of course I would prefer it if India maintains an "Independent foreign policy" both from a geostrategic viewpoint and as a matter of principle.

However if India decides to join the USA's camp, then China will do what China always does, and keep working. It's just one more road bump, in a city full of road bumps.

Not sure why you'd be worried if India goes closer to US. If India is making good relationship with US, that's because it's beneficial for India. You should be worried as long as you dont want India to be benefited.

With all modesty and not exaggerating a bit, it will take something far, far greater than China, for India to be used as bargaining chip.

I honestly can't understand this post.

Let me tell u our policy makers are not fools to be dragged into such situations. Its obvious that while they are good with us we have to reap all we can technology wise or trade wise or diplomatic wise.

I agree. :tup:

From my perspective, I see India continuing to have an "Independent foreign policy" well into the future. I don't think it's likely, that a nation as large as India will join anyone's camp.

As the Buddha said, always stick to the "Middle path". :cheers: I.e. Try to achieve a good balance, Yin/Yang etc etc...

Jeez it's nakedly transparent what you want here. Chinese bribes for not joining the Americans. Either give up territorial claims, redress of trade imbalance (a natural one I might add), or giving up its support for Pakistan.

Blackmail

lol, srry if it sounded more like "blackmailing".

there is nothing i mentioned so called bribing. i can't exactly ask china to all those favors. but wouldn't it be great? haha

well..i guess both indian and chiness politicians are smart enough to figure solutions in a better way and that does not require bribing.

ALL right. cardshape and chiness draggon.

i am going to eat pizza now, bye and good night. it's 12 pm here in NY. :wave:

Good night!!! :D

lol, srry if it sounded more like "blackmailing".

there is nothing i mentioned so called bribing. i can't exactly ask china to all those favors. but wouldn't it be great? haha

well..i guess both indian and chiness politicians are smart enough to figure solutions in a better way and that does not require bribing.

Well what amounts to bribes in international relations. But be honest are those not the three things that India wants?

My point is, you don't blackmail someone who you want to befriend, yet all we hear from the Indian defence establishment and intellectual poltical thinkers is "cards" to play against China.

The closer to America is one, the other is the Dalai Lama.

I agree. :tup:

From my perspective, I see India continuing to have an "Independent foreign policy" well into the future. I don't think it's likely, that a nation as large as India will join anyone's camp.

As the Buddha said, always stick to the "Middle path". :cheers: I.e. Try to achieve a good balance, Yin/Yang etc etc...

Thank you for recognizing the policy India has always been following since it's inception.

It's annoying, specially coming from Pakistanis, that India will be used in somekinda military misadventure of west. India never let any other country to use an inch of her land to be used belligerent activities against any sovereign country. Even when she had to sell her gold to feed her children.

Well what amounts to bribes in international relations. But be honest are those not the three things that India wants?

My point is, you don't blackmail someone who you want to befriend, yet all we hear from the Indian defence establishment and intellectual poltical thinkers is "cards" to play against China.

The closer to America is one, the other is the Dalai Lama.

Blackmailing how? We were always upfront about what we expect from our relationship which is in our strategic interest. If China is okay with it, they come over to talk or they fail. I still don't understand the blackmail part.

I don't know but a lot of your answers sound like your the authority making those decisions. Would you care to explain your position in the party?

Last edited:
I don't know but a lot of your answers sound like your the authority making those decisions. Would you care to explain your position in the party?

This is a message board, people give their opinions on the topic at hand.

No one is here claiming "authority" to speak for the CCP.

Why East india Company (British) is now worried about Chinese... China is never going to invade UK or vise-versa... I have seen lots of Bruce lee and Jakie Chan movie they always dominated the British. Even we look back in the history... they took the gold from India and brought goods from Chinese.... British was never able to conqure entire China....

What UK should do if China is worries for them, they should give us HMS Queen Elizabeth and HMS Prince of Wales for free as now it has become headache for them as they don't have much fund to complete the project and not able to leave it to rust...it will aleast bring some good impression...

We are ready to spend the rest and we will make MRCA fly from them... it will keep a check on the Chinese

Guys any Comments !!

Why East india Company (British) is now worried about Chinese... China is never going to invade UK or vise-versa... I have seen lots of Bruce lee and Jakie Chan movie they always dominated the British. Even we look back in the history... they took the gold from India and brought goods from Chinese.... British was never able to conqure entire China....

What UK should do if China is worries for them, they should give us HMS Queen Elizabeth and HMS Prince of Wales for free as now it has become headache for them as they don't have much fund to complete the project and not able to leave it to rust...it will aleast bring some good impression...

We are ready to spend the rest and we will make MRCA fly from them... it will keep a check on the Chinese

Guys any Comments !!

Well they just slashed their defence budget to the bone but they still want to play the big man on the international stage. They are probably wanting to go back in time to the Indian sepoy days. You do the dying and I'll keep the influence.

What is wrong with the brits? Did the pork deal not fall through or something?

Well it is India's decision to make.

My personal opinion: Of course I would prefer it if India maintains an "Independent foreign policy" both from a geostrategic viewpoint and as a matter of principle.

However if India decides to join the USA's camp, then China will do what China always does, and keep working. It's just one more road bump, in a city full of road bumps.

Call me just another Indian but I'm still not getting the picture. CD you seem to tread on the middle path and free of unnecessary smartassery. Why do you think India and US mending their relation should anyway be an obstacle for China?

Back
Top Bottom