What's new

India to outpace China in 2011: WB

In fact, there is a problem, the media is free, yes, but if the Indians do not know, this is still freedom of information? No matter what the Chinese government, Chinese people know enough to domestic affairs, it is still not a freedom of information?

Look here. Posting articles dated 1987 to try to prove your nonsense points is just insane. There is a world of difference in the intervening time period - almost quarter century.

Now, talk about your own country and defend its problems without dragging India into it like a hag.

Ha, that is an excellent excuse not to have freedom in China- Because India has poor farmers and not all in US have full freedom. No wonder why Communist are ruling China with an iron fist.

Even if the United States did not really free, so Western criticism is pretense
,but in the ulterior purpose, I just want to illustrate this point.

In fact, there is a problem, the media is free, yes, but if the Indians do not know, this is still freedom of information? No matter what the Chinese government, Chinese people know enough to domestic affairs, it is still not a freedom of information?

And if you continue to talk decades old nonsense, frankly, nothing prevents me from talking about your "regressive great leaps" and "blood soaked cultural revolutions".

And if you continue to talk decades old nonsense, frankly, nothing prevents me from talking about your "regressive great leaps" and "blood soaked cultural revolutions".

This guy is unbelievable...

Here is my quote from the previous page (this thread is growing rapidly)

But 1990s !
We had a bloody insurgency in Kashmir
We had the Babri incident which sparked off Hindu-Muslim riots
And then we almost faced bankruptcy and had to pawn our gold

Bringing 1990s, would be me bringing up the cultural revolution :lol:

Forgot to add the Anti-Sikh riots to the list. The 1990s (1984-1992 actually) was probably the worst period for India post partition

The latest, very simple, iCommonwealth Games, in addition to the original, some infrastructure problems. What happened after? Some "farce", the Indian news media have any? I know many from the Western media, however, did not find from the Indian media, you can correct me?

The latest, very simple, iCommonwealth Games, in addition to the original, some infrastructure problems. What happened after? Some "farce", the Indian news media have any? I know many from the Western media, however, did not find from the Indian media, you can correct me?

Well, its hardly one week since the CWG was over! There is an investigation ongoing, and the media keeps presenting "leaks" of the investigation on a daily basis. The CVC (Central Vigilance comission) is investigating.

Look, I know that corruption is very very high in India. As the guy Hawkish was saying, almost all Asian countries have high corruption, including China. China in fact, is only around 20% better than India as per transparency international.

I don't deny that India has corruption, and it is a very negative aspect of India. That is well known, and no one is disputing that!

No problem, it is old news, I do not deny that, okay, we will not mention, but I would say even old news, the West have any criticisms to India?

No problem, it is old news, I do not deny that, okay, we will not mention, but I would say even old news, the West have any criticisms to India?

oooh yes, of course, the West has been HUGELY critical of India in the past, and even today! Why do you think the West does not portray India's negative points? Of course it does!

Well, its hardly one week since the CWG was over! There is an investigation ongoing, and the media keeps presenting "leaks" of the investigation on a daily basis. The CVC (Central Vigilance comission) is investigating.

Look, I know that corruption is very very high in India. As the guy Hawkish was saying, almost all Asian countries have high corruption, including China. China in fact, is only around 20% better than India as per transparency international.

I don't deny that India has corruption, and it is a very negative aspect of India. That is well known, and no one is disputing that!

Not corruption, this is that the Indian media have reported on anything? Why do I get some news from the Western media, but can not get from the Indian media? This is a cover or a free report?

Not corruption, this is that the Indian media have reported on anything? Why do I get some news from the Western media, but can not get from the Indian media? This is a cover or a free report?

All the 'exposes' on the Commonwealth games was done by Times of India (read the 'Shame Games' article and Chetan Bhagat's editorial), western media just picked it up. But as always my statement will fall on deaf ears...

You are so wrong! For god's sake, the Indian media has been pulling the pants off Suresh Kalmadi and the entire CWG OC! Either you have not been reading Indian media, or you are conveniently choosing to ignore all the stream of negative coverage from them about CWG!

oooh yes, of course, the West has been HUGELY critical of India in the past, and even today! Why do you think the West does not portray India's negative points? Of course it does!

To be honest, there is no blame on news freedom to India at any time.

Last edited:
EVERYTHING about the CWG was exposed by the Indian media. The Western media simply picked up all the news from the Indian media. In the run-up to the CWG, every news article, every night talk show, every front page headline, was about Kalmadi, CWG, corruption, Kalmadi, Kalmadi, OC, infrastructure, Kalmadi and more Kalmadi! I have not seen such a massive media barrage against anything in the recent past, in my memory.

BBC News - Accommodation problems persist for Delhi athletes

Accommodation problems persist for Delhi athletes The air conditioning unit on a balcony was leaking BBC Scotland has seen evidence of ongoing accommodation issues after being invited into the Commonwealth Games athletes' village in Delhi.

Loose wiring and leaky air conditioning units could be seen at Team Scotland's living quarters, along with unfinished kitchens and missing railings.

More than 100 Scottish athletes are already staying at the complex.

Team Scotland said it was largely satisfied with its area but voiced concerns about other blocks.

Continue reading the main story
Related stories
Games' village 'ready by midweek' Tennis player forced out of Games Games organisers have warned that the athletes' village will not be fully completed until Wednesday.

Team Scotland had delayed its arrival in Delhi until Saturday after Commonwealth Games Scotland chairman Michael Cavanagh said the accommodation facilities were unfit for human habitation.

More than 7,000 athletes and officials are due to stay at the site for the duration of the Games, which are due to begin on 3 October.

On Tuesday morning, BBC Scotland correspondent Kevin Keane was invited into the area where Scottish athletes have been staying for two nights.

Bare wires could be seen hanging from ceilings "As we entered, water was pouring into the central concourse from a leaking air conditioning unit two floors up," he said.

"Inside, bare wiring hangs from the ceilings of the apartments The kitchens are out of bounds, unfinished.

"And there are some internal balcony areas without railings."

He added that Team Scotland's greatest concerns were for the facilities of other athletes who had yet to arrive at the site.

He said that some parts of the complex remained "no-go areas".

Only a few of the 71 nations have so far checked into the games village.

More than 17,000 staff have been employed to ensure the security of the Games, including 63 guards with automatic weapons who will guard the Glasgow delegation.

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 PM ----------

Please give me the same content of India news. In fact there are more, I do not know if it is too offensive, and if possible, I do not want to send.

The guys is saying (or trying to say) that India is democratic only in elections. He points that India is highly corrupted and the democracy plays role in corruption

Yes, what do you think the election, it is interest. Electoral binding forces of change in India.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom