What's new

India to hire 10,000 teachers from Taiwan to learn Chinese language

Can these be learnt from some kind of book with which you can basically teach yourself??

Is a teacher compulsorily required?? I guess speaking would be hard no doubt but to read and write may be ??

You can learn yourself, if you put in a lot of effort, although a teacher would make it a lot easier. There are software programs like "Rosetta stone" which are very good. If you use it properly, you shouldn't get an accent. Learning to write the characters requires knowledge of the "stroke order", which is easy to find as well.

Here is an animation of how to write "Dragon" in simplified characters: Simplified character for Dragon

The traditional character is a lot harder, but I think it looks better. Traditional character for Dragon

(This is one of those rare cases, where the simplified and traditional characters look completely different. Usually they will look quite similar to each other.)

Why not channel that money to the poor children of india for education...

Is learning Chinese language priority or giving education to hindustani poor children, puzzling.

Is learning Chinese language priority or giving education to hindustani poor children, puzzling.

How about you go worry about your own country?

Isnt this education? In fact it may boost our economy. Better ties with China imply economic growth.

Better to learn from mainland Chineses than Taiwanese, besides different set of writing characters, some pronunciations are different too. Example, "rubbish 垃圾is "le se" as promounced by Taiwanese, and "la ji" by mainlander. lap top computer is 手提电脑"shou ti dian nao" in Taiwan, but on mailand it is 笔记本, "bi ji ben".

Other than Taiwan and Hong Kong, the rest of the world is using mainland style Chinese, thus you would be able to converse and write more comfortably when dealing with mainland and overseas Chinese in simplified characters and mainland style pronunciation. I was educated in traditional Chinese for more than 10 years, I took 3 to 4 years to totally converted to Simplified Chinese characters and mainland style conversation, while working in China.

Cant the same argument be made about anything that GoI does, apart from the direct poverty alleviation initiatives.
Basically you can just forget the thread title or discussion and write it in any thread. Good luck.

No chinese education in schools of pakistan i think. Interesting article.

Hmm surprising while in India it is the people demanding Chinese education which is great.

Indians have realized the importance of China and its business that is why there is so much demand for learning chinese in India.
Whereas Pakistanis take China as a strategic ally and hence they havent given more importance to the economic aspects of trading with China

This is great news , i hope we can solve the tawang problem quickly and become good friends. i want to see that day in my lifetime like most Indians .

Indians have realized the importance of China and its business that is why there is so much demand for learning chinese in India.
Whereas Pakistanis take China as a strategic ally and hence they havent given more importance to the economic aspects of trading with China

Is it too early to talk about chinease BPO in India? lol

Back
Top Bottom