What's new

India strikes back at nuclear protesters

It was so hard for all of you to find even one source of a radiation leak in India huh?
Well, my first try just to shut you guys up....its pathetic. Really, how blindsided are you guys?

Kakrapar nuclear power plant confirms radiation leak - Times Of India

Kakrapar nuclear power plant confirms radiation leak
Himansshu Bhatt, TNN Aug 1, 2011, 10.55pm IST
SURAT: Following reports in the media on Monday, officials of the Kakrapar atomic power station (KAPS) confirmed on Monday that four contract workers were exposed to nuclear radiation in the plant on May 30, 2011 due to human error of the control room staff. However, they said that the radiation was of a very minor level and that it had no effect on the health of the workers.

KAPS is situated at 75 km from Surat and about 12 km from Vyara which is the main city of Tapi district. It produces 440 MW from two units of 220 MW each which went critical in 1993 and 1995. Two more units of 700 MW each are being built and the work will be completed by 2015.

This is caused by human error the one type of error that cannot be predicted or prepared against.

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

Mayapuri radiological accident

In April 2010, the locality of Mayapuri was affected by a serious radiological accident.[1] An AECL Gammacell 220 research irradiator owned by Delhi University since 1968, but unused since 1985, was sold at auction to a scrap metal dealer in Mayapuri on February 26, 2010.[2][3][4] The orphan source arrived at Deepak Jain' scrap yard in Mayapuri during March, where it was dismantled by workers unaware of the hazardous nature of the device. The cobalt-60 source was cut into eleven pieces. The smallest of the fragments was taken by Ajay Jain (no relation to Deepak Jain), who kept it in his wallet, two fragments were moved to a nearby shop, while the remaining eight remained in the scrap yard. All of the sources were recovered by mid-April and transported to the Narora Atomic Power Station, where it was claimed that all radioactive material originally contained within the device was accounted for. The material remains in the custody of the Department of Atomic Energy[5][6][7][8]
Eight people were hospitalised as a result of radiation exposure, where one later died.[9]
[edit]

Just to show you how we dont even have a proper check and disposal for such products.....but you want to go ahead and kick out the fishermen. Sad, you guys cant even see the cheap tactics of Congress and the BJP

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

can u give links here for everyone? I want proof that radiation caused cancer in India.

I am also Russian from moscow.

Google it yourself....the answers and research is there....WHY DO YOU THINK RADIATION IS THE ONLY CONCERN? HEAVY METALS AND TOXIC CHEMICALS FROM SUCH REACTORS ARE KNOWN CARCINOGENS...

Google it yourself....the answers and research is there....WHY DO YOU THINK RADIATION IS THE ONLY CONCERN? HEAVY METALS AND TOXIC CHEMICALS FROM SUCH REACTORS ARE KNOWN CARCINOGENS...

still no link to prove ""RADIATION LEAK CAUSED CANCER IN INDIA!!" God u r still avoiding it. U think ppl cant see and fathom u have nothing to prove ur point here. U stand exposed totally. Plz dont say again GOOGLE. rather find it and post link here. Ok. we normal ppl cant find.

there is one more concern u know. what if some asteriod strikes earth.

still no link to prove ""RADIATION LEAK CAUSED CANCER IN INDIA!!" God u r still avoiding it. U think ppl cant see and fathom u have nothing to prove ur point here. U stand exposed totally. Plz dont say again GOOGLE. rather find it and post link here. Ok. we normal ppl cant find.

LMAO...sure...India is the only nation in the world where radiation wont affect people and it wont cause cancer in India. Of course, this not applies to the rest of the world lol. Folks asked for a link or proof of radiation leak and after much pestering, I shoved one into your face. A simple google search was path I took to find that. You stand exposed "Time travel"....you just joined and already start attakcing me without reading all the links I have posted on TWO separate threads.

Here read up, nothing to do with cancer and radiation but plz gain some insight:
www.outlookindia.com | India

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Why would I post a link for a question you pose? Where did I state that?

Thats a lie. There are accidents occurring in these nuclear reactors, just no reported as publicly all the time and when it does come to the media, its very brief. A nuclear reactor does not have to melt down in order for it to cause untold damage. A simple link of hazardous chemicals into surrounding water is a tremendous concern. Such a leak will instantly cause cancer. How many poor fishermen can afford state of the art, or modern water filters? Even if you can, such filters are no defence against such chemicals....

Yes I know studying without electricity is quite hard. A simple solar device on top of one;s roof would do wonders for a small household. Since, you live in Cali, I suggest you do some research on the subject. Its quite available..

where is the cancer?

and for 5 pages and numerous posts u were saying GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE. What did u want others to google. The papers and other articles which u Mr PHD master know about. Where r they? or u were just blabbering GOOGLE GOOGLE in all ur posts.

anyhow my last post to u. no need to waste time with a imposter in Indian flag. U still wont post any articles/links which u were asking others to GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE since ages in this thread. U will do 2 things:

1) again ask to GOOGLE GOOGLE
2) give some roundabout n indirect long reply. typical of chinese.
(or possible u maybe american)

Read this one first from INDIA: This is very biased because the authors themselves state that they are trying to dispel the notion of unsafe nuclear energy.

Exposure to radiation doesn't cause cancer always: Experts - Times Of India

Now read these sources from developed countries with more funding and more resources to conduct research....

9,000/yr. Cancer Cases aused by Radiation from Indian Point Plant « limitless life

BBC News - Q&A: Health effects of radiation exposure

Now read this, it smacks what the the article that uses 2 Indian scientists who try to say that nuclear radiation is harmless.
Radiation | Nuclear Radiation | Ionizing Radiation | Health Effects

Read the section on Russia

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

where is the cancer?

and for 5 pages and numerous posts u were saying GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE. What did u want others to google. The papers and other articles which u Mr PHD master know about. Where r they? or u were just blabbering GOOGLE GOOGLE in all ur posts.

Rocky....wake up. Instead of being a lazy good for nothing sap, go and do your homework. YOu are not providing any proof at all to dispel my arguements NOT A SINGLE ONE. ANSWER MY QUESTION ON THE SAME POST??????

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

where is the cancer?

How can I provide a link? I can only post what is provided and exposed by the media right? So, when a person is exposed to such, if the media does not follow up on the patient, then what? Ask yourself, why didn;t the media follow up. Ask yourself, where are the studies?

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

Now you stand exposed....instead of blabbering and playing childish mind games, think and use what brain capicity you may have grad student. You are exposing yourself quite clearly, by not listening to the facts presented. YOu are denying the truth to yourslef, I feel sorry for you and other who think like you. What ever you do, you have to hear both sides of the arguement, remember that boy:wave:

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

I have been posting link after link and you still are not reading a single line

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

From your cellphone

Its official now: Radiation from your cell phone may be killing you - India - DNA

---------- Post added at 02:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Original Post By timetravel

Why would I post a link for a question you pose? Where did I state that? Show me where I stated what you quoted?

where is the cancer?

anyhow my last post to u. no need to waste time with a imposter in Indian flag. U still wont post any articles/links which u were asking others to GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE since ages in this thread. U will do 2 things:

What is YOUR question?

Still you had not shown any scientific papers that tells "Radiation leak in nuclear power plants in India has caused cancer to normal public". No more reply to my posts till you provide me the scientific paper!

Below is your post!

Thanks Raki, you just proved what I wrote down is completely different than what you quoted me. FACT and VINDICATED...

where is the cancer?

(or possible u maybe american)[/QUOTE

http://www.npcil.nic.in/pdf/Scientific_Meet_at_Kaiga.pdf (BS source from Govt, protecting itself and its interests but at the same time proves there is a link just not as high as one would think supposedly

Israeli lawsuit: Radiation caused cancer - World Report - World - Dalje.com

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Background Radiation and Cancer Incidence in Kerala, India-K... : Health Physics

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

FYI: How Does Nuclear Radiation Do Its Damage? | Popular Science

Read up dummies....

READCAREFULLY AND NEVER EVER FORGET THE PROOF I PROVIDED. A LINK TO SHOW YOU HOW THE INDIAN GOVT TRIES TO HIDE THE FACTS.....AND FOR ALL OF YOU IDIOT POSTERS TO BLAME ME, TO DISTORT THE TRUTH TO FRAME ME, WELL HOW DARE YOU LMAO. SO READ UP DUMMIES AND YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, ESPECIALLY SOME OF YOU TAMIL IDIOTS WHO THINK A DAM WILL LAST 1000 YRS. THIS IS THE ANSWER TO ROCKY'S QUESTION NOT SOMETHING I WROTE WHICH HE CLAIMS HE QUOTED FROM HE. I ASKED FOR PROOF AND NEVER , EVER RECEIEVED ANY. SO NEVER EVER EVER FORGET THIS BLOODY POST...

Http://www.minyanville.com/sectors/...ion-india-nuclear-reactors/2/29/2012/id/39663

NOW TAKE THAT AND MEMORIZE IT.....COZ TIME IM ASKING THE QUESTION AND YOU BETTER ANSWER GOT IT? JUST ADMIT WHEN YOU GET YOUR A$$ HANDED TO YOU...

POST 205

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 PM ----------

India's Government Grudgingly Releases Report on Nuclear Power's Effect on Human Health

By Oilprice.com Feb 29, 2012 11:45 am
While no doubt all Indians without electricity would like a light bulb, its appeal is considerably diminished if it's hanging over the hospital bed of a patient with radiation-induced cancer.
0Share1Email0
POST COMMENTS
Trade free for 60 days + Get up to $600 with TD Ameritrade.

India is betting heavily on nuclear power to meet its surging energy needs. India currently has six nuclear power plants (NPPs) with 20 reactors generating 4,780 megawatts; seven other reactors are under construction and are expected to generate an additional 5,300 megawatts.

This current rate of nuclear power generation pales into insignificance with New Delhi's future plans, as on February 22 Power Minister Sushilkumar Shinde told a seminar at the India International Nuclear Symposium:

India plans to have a total installed nuclear capacity of 63,000 megawatts by the year 2032, using both indigenous technology and imported reactors. Nuclear technology has several distinct advantages - it is compact and highly manageable in terms of handling, transportation and storage of the fuel. Thermal technologies have the problems of greenhouse gas emissions, fly-ash and handling, transportation, storage problems of large quantities of fuel as well as availability of coal.

As for worries about the hazards of nuclear power generation, earlier this month Atomic Energy Commission Chairman Srikumar Banerjee told a gathering at the Department of Atomic Energy's Raja Ramanna Center for Advanced Technology in Indore, "All atomic energy plants in the country are totally secured as per international standards and are also capable of dealing with natural calamities like tsunamis or earthquakes."

But amid the bland assurances lurks a darker reality.

After being in denial for years, last month the self-same Department of Atomic Energy for the first time admitted that the deaths of its employees and their dependents at the Kalpakkam nuclear site were caused by multiple myeloma, a rare form of bone marrow cancer linked to nuclear radiation.

Not that the DAE willingly divulged the information -- it came to light in response to a Right to Information inquiry from October 2011, with the DAE acknowledging that nine people, including three employees working at the Madras Atomic Power Station at Kalpakkam, 44 miles from Chennai, died of multiple myeloma and bone cancer between 1995 and 2011. The DAE had stonewalled all previous requests for information.

The report paints a troubling picture of the policies at the DAE, which sends out high-ranking officials with bland assurances for the public about the nation's NPPs while privately compiling reports about their health effects, concerns that can only grow as New Delhi presses forward with its nuclear program. Furthermore, the statements that Indian NPPs can withstand earthquakes and tsunamis, made in a country vulnerable to both, smacks of more than a little hubris. Tokyo Electric and Power Co. made similar pronouncements before the March 11, 2011, earthquake and tsunami destroyed its Fukushima Daichi nuclear power complex.

But rising to the occasion, the project director of the Kalpakkam Indira Gandhi Center for Atomic Research, Prabhat Kumar, asserted on January 6 that the recent "Thane" storm proved without doubt the "foolproof safety, safe technology and design, concrete stability, and enviable worth of all nuclear power plants."

But as for the Japanese following nuclear events in India, what can they conclude if "totally secured as per international standards" NPPs nevertheless caused cancer deaths from radiation? Given the immense releases of nuclear material from Fukushima, what will the country's health profile look like decades from now?

Opposition to India's nuclear power program is growing, most notably at Kudankulam. Accordingly, given the projected scope of India's proposed nuclear future, the country may well prove to be either the salvation or graveyard of nuclear power worldwide.

And one can only wonder what other reports the DAE is sitting on. While no doubt all Indians without electricity would like a light bulb, its appeal is considerably diminished if it's hanging over one's hospital bed years from now as one slowly expires from radiation-induced cancer.

Accordingly, the fishermen protesting the Kudankulam NPP could be doing their fellow countrymen a greater service than they currently realize.

This article was written by John C.K. Daly of Oilprice.com.

Read more: India's Government Grudgingly Releases Report On Nuclear Power's Effect On Human Health | Emerging Markets | Minyanville.com

where is the cancer?

Hey where are you now? You and your friend were so quick to talk BS right? I am a malayalee. I gave you a link that you can put where the sun dont shine....where are your friends like medulla and other folks who blindly supported you? Huh where are they now.......

READ POST 205......the link and the evidence is all there........pay close attention how the Indian gov;t was suppressing the proof from you idiots

Our democracy needs mechanisms so that development is not held to ransom by vested interests.

The Posco steel plant in Odisha and this Nuclear Power Plant in TN are only a few examples of this widespread malady.

Nuclear power is the only way to go for India's massive energy needs just look at France who produce around 80% of their energy with nuclear.

AND YOU SOB'S HAVE THE NERVE TO TAKE SHOTS AT YOUR FELLOW COUNTRYMEN, FISHERMEN, AND MAKE FALSE ACCUSATIONS. YOU HINDUS SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF. NOW I KNOW WHAT MUSLIMS, SIKHS AND DALITS FEEL LIKE IN INCREDIBLE INDIA.

READ THE DATE ON THE LINK.....IT WAS BURIED IN GOOGLE ABOUT 10 PAGES.

INDIANS AND INDIA OWE AN APOLOGY TO THESE POOR, HARDWORKING PPL. FIRST, YOU ACCUSE THEM OF CONVERTING PPL AND THEN TRY TO LINK THEM TO SOME OTHER BS.

If the plant begins operation, it will not only supply power to Hindu houses only but to all communities, so need to bring religion into this.

YOU GUY CAN START APOLOGIZING TO ME AND THEN KISS MY @$$

Who are you to receive one's apology here?

There are risks in every thing, even in drinking water. More people die from drinking infected water than from any radiation effects. And do not preach to us from US. Come live here and see what the effects the power cuts are having in day to day life.

Back
Top Bottom