What's new

India set to sign $2.4bn Mirage deal with France Rajat Pandit

All types of pakistanis don't have India its just some punjabi sunnis.

I know with nukes war is not an option but there are other options like:

-
Full support of libration movements

According to Pakistanis we are already doing it.

- Stopping of water at the peak of sowing season (Pakistan's economy revolves around agriculture + textiles + meat + leather no water means no agriculture, no cotton for textiles, no cattle feed for animals means no meat/leather)

If we want to become a great power, we better start behaving like that. We are a mature nation, this is pretty below our standards.

- Breaking of all types of economic, cultural, social relations.

Pakistanis like it or not, we share a common history. So there will be always cultural and social connections if the Govts on both sides like it or not.

As far as economic relations is concerned, economic integration is the first step towards a lasting settlement b/n 2 countries. It will be foolish to break off that.

- Not allowing any plane (No matter its of pak company or Luftansa) ship to use Indian air/water space.

Pakistanis do not need Indian waterways for transit. If we cut off our airspace, they can also do the same and cutoff our access towards Afghanisthan & CAR

- Long and continued campaign in international arena.

- Overt/covert actions by RAW.

Already underway

Comparison of mirages with Chinese planes will be valid when Chinese planes are used in a war.

Yeah fck any plane that doesn't have a combat history. Until the F-22 proves it can handle itself in a war, it has zero capabilities as far as you're concerned right?

Idiot specious reasoning.

Heart of the IAF Mirage-2000 Upgrade

At the heart of theRs 9,640 crore upgrade of 51 IAF Mirages-2000s by a consortium of Dassault, Thales and HAL, is the Thales RDY-2 advanced multimode pulse doppler radar.​

5712570.jpg

6713437.jpg

4714561.jpg

3716117.jpg

More Stuff on the IAF Mirage-2000 Upgrade

1738380.jpg

2733912.jpg

3735766.jpg

The Mirage upgrade will give the new upgraded Mirages the new RDY-3 Radar,a new Upgraded EW Suite and there is a possibility that certain features of Rafale would be integrated into the Mirage just like the MiG-29K such as the sagem-95 GPS/INS System,Topsight-E HMS.the Damocles laser designating pod will be added with a new IRST.

The Mirage upgrade will give the new upgraded Mirages the new RDY-3 Radar,a new Upgraded EW Suite and there is a possibility that certain features of Rafale would be integrated into the Mirage just like the MiG-29K such as the sagem-95 GPS/INS System,Topsight-E HMS.the Damocles laser designating pod will be added with a new IRST.

Its RDY-2...

The upgraded Mirage may get the Sagem AASM and the Rafael SPICE PGM.

It does sound expensive.

Using my dodgy maths skill, with $2.4bn, we could of got 120 brand new JF-17 jets at $20m a piece.

I agree with people who say it does sound expensive.

The upgraded Mirage may get the Sagem AASM and the Rafael SPICE PGM.

One or the other, evaluations has already started.

It does sound expensive.

Using my dodgy maths skill, with $2.4bn, we could of got 120 brand new JF-17 jets at $20m a piece.

Of course, when you look at the cost on paper only. When you look at it more practically, you have to see that the M2K-5 is more capable then JF 17, or LCA MK1, that training and logistics are already available and don't have to be added, which would mean more costs as wel. That not even LCA can be inducted in time to replace M2K, because it has to replace the Mig 21s in numbers first, so if the numbers should not shrink even more, there is no alternative to the upgrade.
Costly, yes, but we get much in return (quality, capability compared to Russian techs for example) and it is badly needed as well, because the Mirage will remain one of the most capable fighters in IAF for a long time.

we could of got 120 brand new JF-17 jets at $20m a piece.

I say quality trumps quantity. I should think a mirage upgraded by 102 million would outshine 50 cent Chinese planes.

Back
Top Bottom