What's new

India set to sign $2.4bn Mirage deal with France Rajat Pandit

$48 million / aircraft for MLU? This simply can't be correct.
This is Mirage-2000 with latest avionics, radars, mission computers, glass cockpits, helmet-mounted displays, electronic warfare suites, weapon delivery and precision-targeting systems and 450 MICA missiles.

If it is, I'm very sorry for the violated indian tax payer --not that it's my money or my business. But still.

Why you do not feel violated when Pakistan spends more than 3% of its GDP on defence with lowest growth? Let us bother how we spend our money. This is our money not through any aid or friendship.

450 MICA missiles! It is the best. :victory:

VLMica_2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is Mirage-2000 with latest avionics, radars, mission computers, glass cockpits, helmet-mounted displays, electronic warfare suites, weapon delivery and precision-targeting systems and 450 MICA missiles.

is 2.4bn inclusive the cost of 450 MICA missiles , coz 450 such missiles alone going to cost 1.3bn..
the article says , there will be another big contrect for MICA..

Who told you that all this build up is to have parity with China???? We will never have/ we never want to have parity with China....All we want is to fulfill our aspiration i.e. a respectable regional power and play a significant role in gloabl arena...

But your views contradict the now frequent bluster from your military establishment including your head of defense who cited China as India's number one threat.

The answer is a big yes. An overwhelming conventional superiority will deter Pakistan. Any reason they are arming themselves to teeth by nukes??? Anyhow It is always better to negotiate from a position of strength

India has always enjoyed conventional and numerical superiority over Pakistan. This has failed to deter Pakistan, as a matter of fact greater asymmetry has encouraged Pakistan to become even more reckless and adopt increasingly unconventional means to redress the balance. So in my view the answer is a big 'NO' finding a mutually acceptable solution to Kashmir and lasting peace with Pakistan is the only viable solution.

I have a feeling.

With India paying a price that seems to be overboard for the Mirage upgrade, it looks like Dassault has not given much discount to the IAF on this, will surely affect Rafale's chances for MMRCA.

But your views contradict the now frequent bluster from your military establishment including your head of defense who cited China as India's number one threat.

India has always enjoyed conventional and numerical superiority over Pakistan. This has failed to deter Pakistan, as a matter of fact greater asymmetry has encouraged Pakistan to become even more reckless and adopt increasingly unconventional means to redress the balance. So in my view the answer is a big 'NO' finding a mutually acceptable solution to Kashmir and lasting peace with Pakistan is the only viable solution.

Our army Headquarters has been very ignorant about the border situations in the past...I feel it is good that they are now understanding the situation and acting upon it when we have time...

No one threat but not all the threats come from China. If you read the security situation you may understand this.

India has always enjoyed conventional and numerical superiority over Pakistan. This has failed to deter Pakistan, as a matter of fact greater asymmetry has encouraged Pakistan to become even more reckless and adopt increasingly unconventional means to redress the balance.
:lol: What do you expect from India other than conventional , numerical and qualitative superiority over Pakistan when we have GDP nearly ten times more than Pakistan!

So in my view the answer is a big 'NO' finding a mutually acceptable solution to Kashmir and lasting peace with Pakistan is the only viable solution.
How do you think we can achieve that? India and Pakistan will not become peaceful towards each other if Kashmir is solved.

I have a feeling.

With India paying a price that seems to be overboard for the Mirage upgrade, it looks like Dassault has not given much discount to the IAF on this, will surely affect Rafale's chances for MMRCA.

Missiles have a shelf life of a few years 450 MICA for 50 Mirages are far too many, may be early signs of a Rafale win?

Missiles have a shelf life of a few years 450 MICA for 50 Mirages are far too many, may be early signs of a Rafale win?

If that is the case then there is something cooking backdoor.

Probably Sonia Gandhi - Carla Bruni joint pasta dish ?

Acceptable condition would be for India to maintain status quo but for Pakistan it is to have entire Kashmir. This is not going to change along as both of us are seen as equals. I am sorry looking from outside it might seem silly but there is a lot of blood spill involved on both sides to just ignore the history. In 10-20 years from now, India will just too big for Pakistan to match in any scale let alone military. Then we hope they settle.

India has always enjoyed conventional and numerical superiority over Pakistan. This has failed to deter Pakistan, as a matter of fact greater asymmetry has encouraged Pakistan to become even more reckless and adopt increasingly unconventional means to redress the balance. So in my view the answer is a big 'NO' finding a mutually acceptable solut...an-intercontinental-missile-taimur-ready.html
the point is that US had relation with pakistan for years , but then things could change overnight . it's all highly unpredictable , present mentality didn't garrente any viable peace , have to wait till next generation comes...

If that is the case then there is something cooking backdoor.

Probably Sonia Gandhi - Carla Bruni joint pasta dish ?

In that case bon appétit :coffee:

So what do you suggest, that we cut down our Military forces to make Pakistan comfortable. India being the bigger country will always have numerical superiority than Pakistan. Its not India's problem that Pakistan wants military parity with India, given the fact that Pakistan is a smaller country with lesser resources than India.

Back
Top Bottom