What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ha... we kinda missed you in between, remembering all the Hornet talks..

Since you are half frenchie , lets play the Rafale game.:cheers:

ow! you did, that is so sweet .. :)

Just so you know, frenchie is considered offensive.

Is this the only one with 2 side joysticks instead of a central one??

Can any senior members answer that one... would be worth knowing.

The control on the left console is the throttle the one on the right is the flight control stick.

The control on the left console is the throttle the one on the right is the flight control stick.

Is there any other fighter which has the same.. ??

Also wont it require time in familiarizing, since pilots will be trained in the single joystick in trainers ?

F-16 has a side stick
pheww..

f-16-60-cockpit-large.jpg

Is there any other fighter which has the same.. ??

Also wont it require time in familiarizing, since pilots will be trained in the single joystick in trainers ?

Most fighters and jet trainers have throttle control on the left console, side stick takes a bit of getting used to especially if the pilot is converting from a center stick to side stick and it is harder for left handed pilots. Side stick controls are stiffer have less play and pilots switching from center to side stick have a tendency to over rotate on take off, nothing a few hours in the simulator won't fix.

Top India analyst criticises MMRCA decision

Sometimes I wonder how silly do they think non-Americans are ?? Why would India spend billions on aircraft with so many strings and limitations attached ??
What they call a strategic relationship can be translated to : "We say, you do."

If you look at the past, you'll see exactly what happens when you buy American aircraft:

1- You pay for the aircraft
2- You don't receive the aircraft
3- You get charged for the aircraft being parked in a desert
4- No refunds
5- You are assured you will get the aircraft once you pay again

^^ Sounds similar ??

========

Oh btw, the EF looks like a catfish to me regardless of its performance.

rafale_rearview_0.jpg

It is supposed to contain parts of the Spectra system, but exactly what components have not been made clear. Most of the Spectra antennas at the back of the aircraft are actually located here

rafale_fin0.jpg

The antennas at the very back of the pod above are the same type as those under the intakes in the pic BW posted. The little black thing toward the middle of the pod is the rear oriented laser detector. The DDM (missile launch detector) would be there as well if it were fitted. Here's a better picture of the other Spectra antennas under the intakes

rafale_spectra0.jpg

My understanding is that the green antennas (above and at the back of the fin top pod) are transmitters, and the black antennas such as those at the base of the canards and the tips of the wingtip rails are receivers. I can't claim to know that for sure, however. I guess the point of all this is, that pod above the engines doesn't look like any other Spectra component.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sometimes I wonder how silly do they think non-Americans are ?? Why would India spend billions on aircraft with so many strings and limitations attached ??
What they call a strategic relationship can be translated to : "We say, you do."

If you look at the past, you'll see exactly what happens when you buy American aircraft:

1- You pay for the aircraft
2- You don't receive the aircraft
3- You get charged for the aircraft being parked in a desert
4- No refunds
5- You are ensured you will get the aircraft once you pay again

^^ Sounds similar ??

========

Oh btw, the EF looks like a catfish to me regardless of its performance.

That canards have resemblence with whisker of catfish.. i have noticed same..

soeren-kern-eurofighter-1.jpg

catfish.jpg

Back
Top Bottom