What's new

India selects EF, Rafale for MMRCA shortlist

Who is now the Favorite?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
both are good planes but now we dont need to waste any ore time select any one and induct ASAP

we should work in lca2,pakfa,mca

FAN ART FROM BAGERA DEVIAN:smitten::azn:(NOW WHO'S THE DADDY HERE ??):p:P

Dassault_Rafale_A_by_pandoraandsabertooth.jpg

To read about Indian military, I actually go to Pakistani defense section.

Or this:
IAF news and views

I know they hate us but their points are valid. I doubt any civilian has absolutely any clue about true potential of our armed forces and if one just go by the "releases" or what goes on BR, we might as well be Martians invading earth. And then we box ourselves with "Pakistan this Pakistan that" thinking. I fear we are in for rude awakening if we are actually tested.

And you find no discussion there (your pakdef link) as true discussion and rejoice in it. Strange !!!

So more chances of screwing up? I hear IJT prototype crashed again. HAL built, right? Is it Indian designed?

One who has not failed has never tried. You can not make omelets without breaking eggs.

Consider them not as on-liners but facts of life.

I may be repeating this for the 4th time but here it goes again: Russian/Americans...build their own plane. They have luxury of testing new planes because they have to. .

You forgot France and its so called successful Mirage programe.

We are forking enormous sum of money over something that is not our own and if tomorrow it just crapped in it's pant, we won't be able to fix it.

There is no solution to this problem in India now so no point in crying over this. We have to buy but keep in mind we have to buy the best. which is not American and Russian here. Its French/European.

Buying someone else's plane is not advancing

Wrong!!!...We dont advance in science or tech but we do in security and war planning.

. It only guarantee's that we will always be behind. But since that's how we do it, why blow so much money over something untested? If it doesn't pan out tomorrow, will you be willing to pay through your pocket?

Like I said, there is no point wasting time. If I have to buy a car I will rather buy a modern car which can be easily serviced and parts readily available not some old, though reliable one, coz its not stay longer and servicin and manintaining it it will only get costlier. Same applies to economy of fighter planes

If you wanna experiment, go experiment with LCA

We are doing it, there is no if word in it. and thats why we can sustain such new tech transfer and still make it. Africa cant build a Rafale even though there is end to end tech transfer.

(Reuters) - Boeing Co on Thursday said it was disappointed by India's rejection of its bid for a $11 billion fighter jet deal, adding that it would mull its options after reviewing details.

"We are obviously disappointed with this outcome. Our next step is to request and receive a debrief from the Indian Air Force," the world's largest aerospace and defence company said in a statement on Thursday.

"Once we have reviewed the details, we will make a decision concerning our possible options," it added.

India has rejected bids from Boeing and fellow U.S. firm Lockheed Martin , shortlisting European firms instead, in a move that could sour its relationship with the United States while broadening its strategic ties with other regions.

Boeing says disappointed with rejection on India fighter deal | Reuters

Sorry if already posted ......

both are good planes but now we dont need to waste any ore time select any one and induct ASAP

we should work in lca2,pakfa,mca

bro just chill.both the planes are good and regarding the development of LCA-2 the HAL will roll out first prototype in 2013 and by mid 2015-2016 it will be Inducted in the IAF.the Russian Version PAK FA is in a mature stage and would be inducted in the IAF starting 2017-18 and the Indo-Russian FGFA is also progessing very fast after the agreement was signed between India and Russia.It will enter production in 2020-21.The AMCA would only fly by 2025 and at present its research work is in full swing.so dont worry.

can somebody explain why i am not able to vote in the above poll??:confused::confused:

u have to be full member...for a full member u need atleast 100 post count

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

can somebody explain why i am not able to vote in the above poll??:confused::confused:

u have to be full member...for a full member u need atleast 100 post count

I`m still kinda confused about these two planes I just wish that both of them wins.Even though thats impossible

guys any news if the numbers will increase or will remain the same 126

tough to say, But I think it might increase....since there will be no split selection and also heard vishnu Some of NDTV today saying that the numbers might well increase.

Back
Top Bottom