What's new

India says UNSC should have 25 members

No need to expand SC, just do away with damned veto. Then Syrian crisis would be over with a NATO airstrike, and Palestine would be a sovereign state by now. And Tibet and Turkestan finally get their UN recognition.
The things you mentioned will not be changed without the veto. The fact is the UNSC is just to give legitimization for powerfull countries to go to war. Russia invaded Gorgia without UNSC the US invaded Iraq without UNSC. The russian/Chinese veto was just a great excuse for the west to not intervene in Syria, and only war will give palestine a state.

Where will the other 4 of the 'Big 5' will go.

did you forgot???they are at China's mercy too..

by the way...UNSC should scrape Veto power...because that's where inequality starts...

The only new countries that can to be permanent members in SC are India, Japan and Germany
India : No, Chinese veto
Japan : No, Chinese and Russian veto
Germany : OK.

by the way...UNSC should scrape Veto power...because that's where inequality starts...
Exactly. Being a permanent member is fine, but the veto power ruins the principle of democracy and the will of majority.

china is ready to support india in the seat, and with time we will get the veto power and all other 4 countries have also supported us on unsc.

about japan i dont think china will ever let them in.

germany has a strong case and also brazil.

The things you mentioned will not be changed without the veto. The fact is the UNSC is just to give legitimization for powerfull countries to go to war. Russia invaded Gorgia without UNSC the US invaded Iraq without UNSC. The russian/Chinese veto was just a great excuse for the west to not intervene in Syria, and only war will give palestine a state.

UNSC can only monitor and try to control small countries with limited resources and population. None of them can stop any war from happening because if they could and were genuinely concerned, there'd be a hell lot of peace on the planet.

china is ready to support india in the seat, and with time we will get the veto power and all other 4 countries have also supported us on unsc.

about japan i dont think china will ever let them in.

germany has a strong case and also brazil.

We don't need UNSC I don't understand why the heck does this weakling government run behind a seat that is a toothless tiger and has no impact on the world except bullying some african or middle eastern countries.

Nobody cares what india has to say, just like nobody cares what Somalia has to say.

We can see how much the world cares about you considering you're even ashamed for your own country to hide behind US flag.

UNSC is a spine less body, which was formed after WW2 and should be scrapped completely.
I cant remember even a single instance when anything effective was done by UNSC.

It also does not represent the geopolitics of the modern world.
At the end of the day question comes why so few have right to hold so much power.

The P5 represent more than half of the world's GDP. 95%+ of its nuclear weapons. All paid a heavy, heavy price to defeat fascism in WW2.

Yeah, let's just let every Tom, Dick and Kumar in.

We are ruled by weaklings. A person of respect or position would have discarded UNSC the moment we got the nuke exemption. And we're soon to be choosing a man of that caliber. So wish us luck. By the time this is done, UNSC won't be referred to anymore. Unfortunately, politicians issue statements like these to grab headlines.

Exactly. Being a permanent member is fine, but the veto power ruins the principle of democracy and the will of majority.

Absolutely correct :tup:. VETO was a show-off power after WW2. Today, it has absolutely no meaning as no one gives a damn about UNSC and wars still happen regardless of what NATO, Russia, China, UK or France say.

India should form it's own UN with Somalia, Uganda, Sudan, Ethiopia and then it can finally call itself a superpower.

Given that Sudan, Ethiopia and Uganda is growing at more than 6% PA for past 10 years (which is far better than some of our neighbors), i won't mind making an alliance with them.

After all, business and political alliance depends on future prospects. Not by random brainfart.

India should form it's own UN with Somalia, Uganda, Sudan, Zimbabwe and then it can finally call itself a superpower.

see...what i meant????every country should get same attention..not just P5..thats why UNSC was built...it was not built just for P5.got it???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom