What's new

India’s eighth Sukhoi SU-30 combat jet squadron by December

It isn't classified information. Every airbase maintain 2/4 fighters ready to go for call. It's standard procedure for EVERY AIRFORCE in the world.
And I didn't give the exact figure. I said min 4 ; there might be a surprise if you see Pune airport. iAF and civil airliners share the strip. So any one can get that info
Perhaps you didn't understand my comedy mate.:azn::lol:

It isn't classified information. Every airbase maintain 2/4 fighters ready to go for call. It's standard procedure for EVERY AIRFORCE in the world.
And I didn't give the exact figure. I said min 4 ; there might be a surprise if you see Pune airport. iAF and civil airliners share the strip. So any one can get that info

India has close to 2000 fighter jets... number of Sukhois is close to 600 already inducted... all the numbers you get like 190 etc is a well orchestrated under reporting of numbers by IAF.

^^^ and how the hell you know that then ??? I think if IAF had 2000+ jets there wasn't any need for Rafale

Was that the sarcasm ??? :P really didn't get it first :D

Oops my bad,sorry. How could I type such a big blunder. What is happening to me. I am so stressed now for not getting a perfect job.
Yeah they were initial order & deal says india will get Super Sukhoi 30s instead of upgrading them.
Cool Cool........Take a chill pill buddy.........:tup:

yup keep believing its 190 is good for India.. knowing the actual figures will not really be a nice strategic decision

No sir I truly believe you. (Do I have another choice?). BTW please enlighten me with the number of secret F22 we have in our armory and how many PAK-FA we are going to paint for Russia build actually 100% in India. The 6 billion we gave them is just to hoax the world. I am with you Chuck Norris.

As we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know. :undecided: :haha:

this one falls in some other catgory - Unknown Known ..:laugh:

This would only be the case if there were "alert" flights ready at Pune to go to Mumbai's defence. MKIs would need to be fuelled,armed and redied and pilots rested and on-call to get into the cockpit and out to wherever. Is this the case? Does Pune maintain MKIs on alert status?

So All I am saying is that difference between having a base in mumbai vs Pune is about 5-7 minutes of delay... All other things being equal

i think india have 200+ sukhois then why 8th?

No, the number is just getting to 200, but they won't be inducted in smaller numbers, but in full squadron strenght only.

I think India has about 190. Guess that would include trainers.

MKIs are all twin seaters, so they all can be used for training, that's why there are no dedicated trainers.

AFAIK, every IAF squadron contains 20-21 jets, which contains 2-3 trainers & 18 fighters, so if we are talking about a squadron than it includes trainers in it.

IAF squadrons normally contains 16 x single seaters + 2 twin seat trainers, MKI squads contains of 16 x fighters (check BR Aircraft Fleet Strength). However the mix seems to change with the newer fighter types, LCA is expected with 16 + 4, Rafale with 12 + 6.

So is Pune the only base that houses more than 1 MKI SQD?

Bareilly has / will have 2 as well.

I think at present MKIs are being inducted at the rate of 1 SQD/year. I belive soon the production rate will increase by 50%.

As we know, there are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns -- the ones we don't know we don't know. :undecided: :haha:
Nope,In my word there are 4 states of mind.
I know what I know.
I know that I don't know.
I don't know that I know.
I don't know that I don't know.
;):coffee:

Back
Top Bottom