What's new

India’s eighth Sukhoi SU-30 combat jet squadron by December

More number of bases probably also means, spreading forces too thin. And it is also more targets. Just saying.

While that is true, having all your eggs in one basket is not smart either. If your strength is quantitatively more, then it makes sense to spread it across.
I hope they have very good early warning systems though.

While that is true, having all your eggs in one basket is not smart either. If your strength is quantitatively more, then it makes sense to spread it across.
I hope they have very good early warning systems though.

True as well.

India would have around 200 jets but India sent back 1 or 2 squadrons to china which will be replaced by Super Sukhoi 30s. That is why no of squadrons has come down to 8 & in total 165-70 planes.

India would have around 200 jets but India sent back 1 or 2 squadrons to china which will be replaced by Super Sukhoi 30s. That is why no of squadrons has come down to 8 & in total 165-70 planes.

Bro it was Russia not China, they were sent back becoz they were of the initial order of old model Sukhoi 30K not the MKI version ........

Guys, as per my knowledge in Mumbai we do not have any air base neither we have any Air Defense System to protect the national financial capital from any aerial threat….The nearest base is Pune, does anyone have any idea how soon Sukhoi can get to the Mumbai’s skies if asked for any help?

Guys, as per my knowledge in Mumbai we do not have any air base neither we have any Air Defense System to protect the national financial capital from any aerial threat….The nearest base is Pune, does anyone have any idea how soon Sukhoi can get to the Mumbai’s skies if asked for any help?

a commercial airliner takes 25 to 30 min.

for a fighter jet it could be 15 min. max.

But i have no idea how we can operate 17 Sukhoi squadrons! :devil:

Even if we take the nos. in a squadron of IAF as 18, maybe this is an unintentional confirmation by IAF personnel that the su-30 nos. are gonna rise to 300+ & we should await further orders by IAF to Russia :D :devil:

SU-30MKi has max speed of Mach 1.9 ( nearly 2100km/hr ie 15km/min ) so say 120km on full throttle is 8 min plus 2 min of reaction time for pilot to man the jet and take off.
But something like this won't happen. Any air threat will be detected by Radars in Gujart and Pune base will be alerted. So they will intercept threat well before Mumbai. Mean while jets from Banglore will form a protective quadrant over Mumbai

I would say under 10 mins

2-3 mins for take off

5-7 minutes to travel 120 km (distance from Pune to Mumbai)

This would only be the case if there were "alert" flights ready at Pune to go to Mumbai's defence. MKIs would need to be fuelled,armed and redied and pilots rested and on-call to get into the cockpit and out to wherever. Is this the case? Does Pune maintain MKIs on alert status?

This would only be the case if there were "alert" flights ready at Pune to go to Mumbai's defence. MKIs would need to be fuelled,armed and redied and pilots rested and on-call to get into the cockpit and out to wherever. Is this the case? Does Pune maintain MKIs on alert status?
Hell ya. I have seen minimum 4 MKIs right beside the runways ready to go hot on call

SU-30MKi has max speed of Mach 1.9 ( nearly 2100km/hr ie 15km/min ) so say 120km on full throttle is 8 min plus 2 min of reaction time for pilot to man the jet and take off.
But something like this won't happen. Any air threat will be detected by Radars in Gujart and Pune base will be alerted. So they will intercept threat well before Mumbai. Mean while jets from Banglore will form a protective quadrant over Mumbai
Jets from Bangalore? That is some distance away-is this really the case?

Back
Top Bottom