What's new

India rejects trilateral security pact with Australia, US

Did i supported Pact with US??? Peace with neighbors is important. But For peace you don't need to compromise our national interest. Growing China means, Growing threat on our back yard. Like a land Mine in out side of our home.
so when your neighbour grows, instead of matching their growth with hard work from our side what you suggest is try to contain their growth.
What you say is like you are my neighbour and you are growing wealthy day by day with your hardwork. Then I should fear that you might occupy my land and should threaten you of your growth instead of me matching your grwoth with my hardwork isn't it?
if your neighbour does that will you not be annoyed.
you are taking about national security with out doing home work to improve the economy.

so when your neighbour grows, instead of matching their growth with hard work from our side what you suggest is try to contain their growth.
What you say is like you are my neighbour and you are growing wealthy day by day with your hardwork. Then I should fear that you might occupy my land and should threaten you of your growth instead of me matching your grwoth with my hardwork isn't it?
you are taking about national security with out doing home work to improve the economy.

China always be a threat to India. Why they are not accepting India to Explore oil in south China sea Vietnamese blocks. stop acting like puppet.

I'm taken aback by India's decision not to play the role of lapdog.

Oh I'm sure a lot of you are surprised, but India has no intention of becoming a 'front-line ally' anytime soon. Since we're on the subject, has Pakistan opened up supply routes or is the GoP still pretending to be angry?

Coming back to the topic at hand, India won't sign up for anything officially in the near future. That would simply play straight into Pakistani hands since it would force China to reciprocate. We don't need any formal alignments anyway, the world has decided to give India a free ride on everything from NPT and Uranium to Afghanistan and Kashmir. :)

Are you taken aback by how Pakistan does all the fighting and India gets all the benefits?

China always be a threat to India. Why they are not accepting India to Explore oil in south China sea Vietnamese blocks. stop acting like puppet.
Because they are blocked by other sides and South China sea is their place of safegaurding their interst and they fear that we might go against their interest.
FEAR of each other is one day or the other going to make the Chinese or INdians(us) to push the nuclear trigger button and then what follows will be chaos for each of us.

I disagree!!

The group against china should consists of US, India, Aus, Japan, Taiwan, Viet and Tibet ...then it will make sense....

Because they are blocked by other sides and South China sea is their place of safegaurding their interst and they fear that we might go against their interest.
FEAR of each other is one day or the other going to make the Chinese or INdians(us) to push the nuclear trigger button and then what follows will be chaos for each of us.

I don't like puppet talk. so leave it.

Dude...seriously...cross the border already and spare us your "words of wisdoom". Also change the flag......the green one will do. But if red's your thing...go for that instead.

we also don't want the trouble in south china sea but who started it first ???? it was china who placed troops in Pakistani kashmir. if china do not want to ease things then why should we run behind them. if china is not interested in peace with india then why should we reject friendship of U.S. it is not a one way street.

I think indian leaders are wise to treat americans with caution. They have not proved good allies

I think indian leaders are wise to treat americans with caution. They have not proved good allies

Any pact for economical prosperity is most welcome .. but security pact with a hostile nation like US will drag India into unnecessary classes .... so big no for that....:no:

Its more to do with the non aligned stand that India is advocating and it hates to be in any camp, It prefers to do business bilaterally with the concerned countries individually...I like that.

This is a good move and a political message to China and the meaning of the message goes like this "We are looking for a power shift from west to East" and China and India has to work together and not against each others interst.
On the other hand we are not neglecting a friendship from the ozis, we are just telling them, keep to your land your forces and we will do the same to ours and the american be where they are and no need of their military influence in our region.
This is the East and we(Indians, Chinese, Russians, ASEAN countries are the players).
we do not entertain others in our region.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

well said, there is no victory achieved with out patience.

Why do people live in la la land? The reality is that China is the number one threat to India; however, it is not prudent to take China head on. For all the ‘cooperation’ with Pakistan and other things China has been, until now, circumspect while dealing with India. India needs to do the same and, by rejecting the trilateral agreement, India has done precisely that.

This is nothing to do Americans. It is to do with India China relations. For all the $hit you see between Indians and Chinese on this forum, the relationship between India and China is one of opportunity and caution. Neither India nor China would antagonize each other for others. There is lot at stake.

Back
Top Bottom