What's new

India rejects trilateral security pact with Australia, US

I know the Indian members here will disagree with me, but this is a good move by the Indian government in the long run.
Well im sure most of us agree ,but not for the fact that Pakistanis may perceive.
It has less to about America being a warring nation and more to do about how this plays out with our other allies.

This is a good move and a political message to China and the meaning of the message goes like this "We are looking for a power shift from west to East" and China and India has to work together and not against each others interst.
On the other hand we are not neglecting a friendship from the ozis, we are just telling them, keep to your land your forces and we will do the same to ours and the american be where they are and no need of their military influence in our region.
This is the East and we(Indians, Chinese, Russians, ASEAN countries are the players).
we do not entertain others in our region.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

Don't worry. The Uranium will come to you. OZ's will offer it on a platter to us.

Patience is the key, though.
well said, there is no victory achieved with out patience.

India must enter into the trilateral security pact with US and Australia. This military understanding will help counter China in Indian Ocean region. It will also boost the economic ties between India and Australia.

God knows, when these old politicians will die who have crossed 60's and do not have any power to think logically. We are going to miss the Bus.Our leaders have shown myopic vision in formulating foreign policy for last 64 years and this doesnt come as a surprise.:disagree::disagree:

it seems india is playing its cards well. for now good decision but it should not be put in back burner, it may come handy in future.

This is a good move and a political message to China and the meaning of the message goes like this "We are looking for a power shift from west to East" and China and India has to work together and not against each others interst.
On the other hand we are not neglecting a friendship from the ozis, we are just telling them, keep to your land your forces and we will do the same to ours and the american be where they are and no need of their military influence in our region.
This is the East and we(Indians, Chinese, Russians, ASEAN countries are the players).

Exactly the kind of appeasement thinking that resulted in 1962. The Chinese don't share your wish for an Asian/Eastern grouping. They want dominance & they are not planning to share power with India or anyone else. This kind of muddle headed thinking in our people is what makes us such suckers for punishment. Life is not a Bollywood or a Tamil movie. Happy endings cannot be guaranteed by wet dreams, in fact the opposite is guaranteed.

It means nothing of the sort. We just don't believe in burning old bridges to create new ones. A security relationship will raise alarms not only in Beijing but also in Russia. It may even hasten an SCO style grouping including Pakistan, which means a headache for India.

1. Its good if we reject as we are non aligned nation and leader of former NAM

2. But, as we rejects it USA and its allies will try to woo us by offering many soaps we can hard bargain what's better for us. ;)

And keep china out of encircling India.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

well said, there is no victory achieved with out patience.

Hidden dragon again. India don't want to be a puppet, We are not supporting power shifting. most of your post showing pro-chinese (East) mentality, don't forget India have look east policy.

India must enter into the trilateral security pact with US and Australia. This military understanding will help counter China in Indian Ocean region. It will also boost the economic ties between India and Australia.

God knows, when these old politicians will die who have crossed 60's and do not have any power to think logically. We are going to miss the Bus.Our leaders have shown myopic vision in formulating foreign policy for last 64 years and this doesnt come as a surprise.

India doesn't need pacts to defend against 1 country...
Hell we never had pacts when we snubbed America over pakistan ...y do we need em now?

it looks like some of us Indians willful want themselves in a position of desperation and need,*face palm*
This is the first step u take towards axing ur own foot in any deal.

If important National security decisions were in the hands of Politicians ...this country would have died with pakistan long ago.

Geopolitics is not about having more friends but rather how to keep those u have first.
i think i do not need to inform u about the logic behind this?

Hidden dragon again. India don't want to be a puppet, We are not supporting power shifting. most of your post showing pro-chinese (East) mentality, don't forget India have look east policy.
when you can not make peace with your neighbour why make friendship with a country that is 1000's of kms away that has a intension of pushing us into a mexican stand off with China and Pakistan.
I say we bolster our relationship here in the East first and then go on with friendship from far away.
I am not pro-cinese, All I am saying is make friends near by and that does not mean that India has to tend to the neighbours needs.

when you can not make peace with your neighbour why make friendship with a country that is 1000's of kms away that has a intension of pushing us into a mexican stand off with China and Pakistan.
I say we bolster our relationship here in the East first and then go on with friendship from far away.
I am not pro-cinese, All I am saying is make friends near by and that does not mean that India has to tend to the neighbours needs.

Did i supported Pact with US??? Peace with neighbors is important. But For peace you don't need to compromise our national interest. Growing China means, Growing threat on our back yard. Like a land Mine in out side of our home.

Back
Top Bottom