What's new

India-Pakistan nuclear war would spell global calamity: study

if nukes are launched, india will launch her nukes, pakistan will be decimated, and india will be totally messed up. it is possible that india might launch nukes at china, who would launch their nukes decimating india. china will also nuke russia and USA, who would then rain nuclear death on the world. then 'your islamic jihadis coming into subcontinent theory goes up in flames, just like the rest of the world. we'll all be tuned into irradiated dust.

now seriously man, get a life. if u hate india so much, go and see a good psychiatrist. he might be able to cure your ailment. if he cant, then get as far away from india as possible.

well if anyone does remain -- they'll surely think twice before invading my country. If no one remains, then no one thinks of invading my country. My objective is achieved in either scenario

have to say though -- your views of a nuclear war are a bit fantastic. Be advised nevertheless, sooner or later one of india or pakistan will get the impression it can intercept the enemies nukes -- and that is when the exchange happens. True washington and Moscow never nuked each other -- yet I do not see such stability in the sub-continent. Better start looking into it more seriously and objectively -- rather than dismiss it as too bad to be true.

Look dude, whatever may be the case, we are not bound to give explanations to nation who has nuclear tripped cruise missiles on a plane and no one is aware of them, nuclear parts being shipped to Taiwan and yet no one knows. The only reason why only our nukes are highlighted in the western media is because we are an Islamic nation and the West considers Islam as a threat and on different occasions different plans were made to somehow strip Pakistan of those but those plans could not materialize.In 1998 after the tests there was a confirm report about Israel and India both attacking Pakistani nuclear installations. That night the air space of Pakistan was closed and PAF was given the go ahead to do or die something that doesn't really happen very often unless of course we are at a state of war or something is really at stake. Gharui was set to launch and Israel was informed that do not expect us to sit idle, we will hit you back and as a direct result of that and with the involvement of some international players, the threat subsided and Israel foreign minister was in Pakistan to convey that we do not have such desires.
As for the answers there are no questions that we need to answer, PA isn't some rag tag militant force where there is no control. We are regarded as a highly professional and well trained force in the world. IF we can make nukes, we surely know how to defend them in times of crisis be it internal or external.

:smitten::victory::cheers::enjoy::toast_sign::pakistan::flame::agree::tup:

Look dude, whatever may be the case, we are not bound to give explanations to nation who has nuclear tripped cruise missiles on a plane and no one is aware of them, nuclear parts being shipped to Taiwan and yet no one knows. The only reason why only our nukes are highlighted in the western media is because we are an Islamic nation and the West considers Islam as a threat and on different occasions different plans were made to somehow strip Pakistan of those but those plans could not materialize.In 1998 after the tests there was a confirm report about Israel and India both attacking Pakistani nuclear installations. That night the air space of Pakistan was closed and PAF was given the go ahead to do or die something that doesn't really happen very often unless of course we are at a state of war or something is really at stake. Gharui was set to launch and Israel was informed that do not expect us to sit idle, we will hit you back and as a direct result of that and with the involvement of some international players, the threat subsided and Israel foreign minister was in Pakistan to convey that we do not have such desires.
As for the answers there are no questions that we need to answer, PA isn't some rag tag militant force where there is no control. We are regarded as a highly professional and well trained force in the world. IF we can make nukes, we surely know how to defend them in times of crisis be it internal or external.

No one is asking for explanations...they are being volunteered by you.

The world is not concerned about the nukes in Pak coz its islamic, its worried simply coz the endemic instability that persists. Why nukes, even the cricket world is edgy..the world tourney has been postponed by a year.

What does this tell you ? take a close look, the mirror never lies.

Like I said before, no one doubts the credibility of the Pak army..its the only reason why the nation has remained in one piece & the Fauji foundation is flourishing.It is most reassuring to know that the nukes are safe..only most of the world doesn't feel the same , hence contingency planning..

If the plans need never to be executed.. wonderful.

No one is asking for explanations...they are being volunteered by you.

The world is not concerned about the nukes in Pak coz its islamic, its worried simply coz the endemic instability that persists. Why nukes, even the cricket world is edgy..the world tourney has been postponed by a year.

What does this tell you ? take a close look, the mirror never lies.

Like I said before, no one doubts the credibility of the Pak army..its the only reason why the nation has remained in one piece & the Fauji foundation is flourishing.It is most reassuring to know that the nukes are safe..only most of the world doesn't feel the same , hence contingency planning..

If the plans need never to be executed.. wonderful.

First of all its not the world that is concerned, it the western media that is and we know why it is. Also apart from the US and India following in, which other country has said that Pakistani nukes are a threat to the world. Did Russia said so or did china or for you the world only lies within the 50 states of the US. As for the cricket world, please don't even bring it to the discussion, there a hell of a difference between the two things, you don't compare nukes with cricket. Also the only country that seems to have problem is those racist states such as Australia whereas countries like BD, Srilanka, even Zimbabwe have no problem in playing cricket in Pakistan.

By the way India needs to have a better look of itself in the mirror before telling others to do so.

First of all its not the world that is concerned, it the western media that is and we know why it is. Also apart from the US and India following in, which other country has said that Pakistani nukes are a threat to the world. Did Russia said so or did china or for you the world only lies within the 50 states of the US. As for the cricket world, please don't even bring it to the discussion, there a hell of a difference between the two things, you don't compare nukes with cricket. Also the only country that seems to have problem is those racist states such as Australia whereas countries like BD, Srilanka, even Zimbabwe have no problem in playing cricket in Pakistan.

By the way India needs to have a better look of itself in the mirror before telling others to do so.

With no intention of getting into a one - on -one on this issue, all I'd like to highlight is the following :

1. The world may not lie with the 50 states of US,yet its the US that kept the Gen ( both Zia & Mush) propped up during their times.They survived & perished on the whim of those 50 states.

2. The issue of cricket was only brought out to indicate how the world sees things in our parts . BD , Sri Lanka & Zim ? !! They are the last to have the right to comment on others.

With no intention of getting into a one - on -one on this issue, all I'd like to highlight is the following :

1. The world may not lie with the 50 states of US,yet its the US that kept the Gen ( both Zia & Mush) propped up during their times.They survived & perished on the whim of those 50 states.

Don't act cheap. Musharraf survived not because of the US but because of the people of Pakistan who welcomed him when the world(your definition of the word world which lies only within the limits of the US) actually criticized it. Do i need to remind you that Clinton during his brief stay in Pakistan refused to even meet Musharraf. Also if it had been possible US would never ever have let Musharraf go. Just check the latest remarks by many in the US.

2. The issue of cricket was only brought out to indicate how the world sees things in our parts . BD , Sri Lanka & Zim ? !! They are the last to have the right to comment on others.

It amazes me actually, is this your level of maturity that you are relating cricket with the security of Nuclear bombs and just as done by many of your kind in the past, drag things into where there is no similarity in order to continue and justify your argument for the sake of argument.:disagree:

Don't act cheap. Musharraf survived not because of the US but because of the people of Pakistan who welcomed him when the world(your definition of the word world which lies only within the limits of the US) actually criticized it. Do i need to remind you that Clinton during his brief stay in Pakistan refused to even meet Musharraf. Also if it had been possible US would never ever have let Musharraf go. Just check the latest remarks by many in the US.

It amazes me actually, is this your level of maturity that you are relating cricket with the security of Nuclear bombs and just as done by many of your kind in the past, drag things into where there is no similarity in order to continue and justify your argument for the sake of argument.:disagree:

Though I had thought of not pushing this topic any further..

Firstly, what about Zia ? didn't he survive on Uncle Sam's benovelence ? As rgds Mush, he saw thru 2 tenures of Bush & had to leave when he became a liability & embarassment both due to his actions & lack of relevance. Clinton was in any case at the fag end of his tenure.

The relevance of cricket here is entirely as an indicator of how the world other than the US sees things..i.e. if u choose to see it .

I doubt an Indo-Pakistan nucleaar war will remain confined to India and Pakistan...

Firstly, what about Zia ? didn't he survive on Uncle Sam's benovelence ? As rgds Mush, he saw thru 2 tenures of Bush & had to leave when he became a liability & embarassment both due to his actions & lack of relevance. Clinton was in any case at the fag end of his tenure.

Cut the crap. Its started to get boring. Since you do not have even the slightest of know how of what was or is going on. As for Zia no he did not survived on Your uncle Sam's will and wishes, the circumstances then were completely different and both parties needed each other. Pakistan's integrity was at stake while US wanted to get rid of the Russians. Clearly both parties had the same interest. Why do you think uncle SAM is showing such blessings these days to India, the same reason it was then but instead of Russia it is china now. Deny as usual as its a normal tradition.And as far as Musharraf is concerned instead of posting crap about him, have a reality check and just see how many times was Boucher here in Pakistan to make sure that Musharraf stays.

The relevance of cricket here is entirely as an indicator of how the world other than the US sees things..i.e. if u choose to see it .

Keep your BS to your self. Firstly we do not give a damn about who does not want to come to Pakistan to play cricket. Also when i gave you the example of other nations who are always willing to play cricket in Pakistan, what did you come up with, they are not even considered countries because for you the definition of the world lies within the US only. By the way i asked you a question you choose to skip, which other country apart from the US and India has shown there concerns, did Russia do it? did China do it? obviously they did not. Its time for you to see your self in the mirror and what your kind in reality is and stop day dreaming about Pakistan getting stripped off from its nuclear weapons. This isn't a gold medal that we won in some Olympics that we can stripped off so easily and if the world ever see a nuclear disaster, it would be of the US origin which cannot keep a check and not Pakistan.

I doubt an Indo-Pakistan nucleaar war will remain confined to India and Pakistan...

And how do you suppose other wise?? If you think that in case of a nuclear show down between Pakistan and India, India can drag China into it, you are sadly mistaken. Let me tell you why. Pakistan has enough nukes to completely decimate India and vice verse. In case of a nuclear hit, so many things will erupt that it can fully occupy any country no matter how big it is. Also If one assume for a moment that India fires a nuke on China aswell, it will mean only one thing that India will be wiped off from the face of the planet considering both Pakistan and China firing nukes at India.
So in any case if this horrific event does take place, apart from the climatic catastrophic disaster which would spell in countries like China and Russia, nothing more will happen and that is why none will be allowed to go this far.

Let us put it as simple as possible... Out of the 75-150 nukes one hits a major Indian city or region... Just tell me that it would hardly make any impact. I think it will cripple the rest of the nation. A few nukes will destroy more then a few milions cause the nuclear fallout will make pretty dangerous impact from Himalaya to the end of Ganges or Brahmaputra... Don't think that these nukes have the power of those on Heroshima...

The numbers do not really matter. It is just a safety matter. Just look how many US or Russians have. D you think they need each 5000 nukes?

And how do you suppose other wise?? If you think that in case of a nuclear show down between Pakistan and India, India can drag China into it, you are sadly mistaken. Let me tell you why. Pakistan has enough nukes to completely decimate India and vice verse. In case of a nuclear hit, so many things will erupt that it can fully occupy any country no matter how big it is. Also If one assume for a moment that India fires a nuke on China aswell, it will mean only one thing that India will be wiped off from the face of the planet considering both Pakistan and China firing nukes at India.
So in any case if this horrific event does take place, apart from the climatic catastrophic disaster which would spell in countries like China and Russia, nothing more will happen and that is why none will be allowed to go this far.

as i see it, the most alarming aspect of nukes (and chemical weapons for that matter) is that they are either made to be used -- or not to be used, as in the ones controlling them only intend to threat to nuke. Now what do you think happens when of two rivals one intends to nuke and the other only believes in minimum deterrence?

within 16 days the indians made it clear their nukes had been made to be used. we have only been singing minimum deterrence from day one -- while they r singing openly of our nukes being in the wrong hands

will we retaliate? will our 'jawans' have the balls? our country stands invaded already -- whats the plan about these nukes? what have they been made for? Do pakistanis have the technology to live forever? or is a dead man worried about china being nuked by an already nuked india?:pakistan:

war will set back both country's at least 50 years and a lot of people gonna die

Last edited:
war will set back both country's at least 50 years and a lot of people gonna die

beg to differ

war will require resources

they will be made available on a war footing

for the moment, we are short of electricity -- and are not using our coal

short of technology -- not employing our scientists

short of money, short of fresh water.................

war breaks out -- we'll have enough of everything. Compare it with the emergence of the USA.

I agree with you, neither Zia nor Mushy could have survived without US support for long. Pakistan is not Cuba or Zimbabwe, and if the US wasn't supporting these two generals, they would not be able to survive for long on the throne of power. We saw that as the US shifted its focus from one guy to supporting the Pakistani state, Mushy eventually lost power through a people's movement.

As for the question of how the globe views Pakistan's nuke security, let me assure you our nukes are safe and are NOT under threat. There is no way that any terrorist will ever grab hold of our nukes.

Although I really hope and wish that the Indian cricket team vists Karachi next month, have been looking forward to it since a long time.

Back
Top Bottom