What's new

India offers US$200 million aid to Bangladesh

really,just go and stand at the boangao border and u eill find truckloads of fish and other articles crossing over to ur country.. BD is not self sufficient in food production and if we dont give u food,u will die of hunger

Everything imported from India, just hilarious, then what they have in Bangladesh.

OFF TOPIC,

Why I feel that Lankan Ranger & MBI Munshi must be single person.

Everything imported from India, just hilarious, then what they have in Bangladesh.
islamic fundamentalism:lol:

OFF TOPIC,

Why I feel that Lankan Ranger & MBI Munshi must be single person.
nopes..i don't know about sri lankan people,but deing a person of bengal,i know majority of the bangladeshi people are anti-Indian

How can you write-off money that has not been spent? That does not make any sense. If the money has not been expended then what Is India writing off?

Are you really that thick? Didn't I explain it to you that he is talking about the future?

India will give $1Billion loan and Bangladesh will have to return $800 Million at 1 % interest. Its as simple as that. Thats what is meant by writing it off in this case. I really can't make it any simpler for you.

Read my post#167

Are you really that thick? Didn't I explain it to you that he is talking about the future?

India will give $1Billion loan and Bangladesh will have to return $800 Million at 1 % interest. Its as simple as that. Thats what is meant by writing it off in this case. I really can't make it any simpler for you.

Read my post#167

Then logic dictates that the loan is reduced from $1 billion to $800 million. The word write-off is superfluous since there is nothing to write-off since the money has not been spent. Why this circular method from the Indian Finance Minister. According to you this strictly is not a write-off so why would the Finance Minister use the words write-off for something that will never be spent and is no longer part of the loan agreement?

I will stick to the my original theory that $70 million has been spent and $130 million cannot be accounted for so the Indian Finance Minister to save embarrassment of both governments has decided to write-off $200 million.

We have inter-state or inter-district toll tax in india but you are giving free transit, what a joke. :lol::lol:

We are a normal country and we dont have inter state nor inter district toll tax. Sorry..

We are a normal country and we dont have inter state nor inter district toll tax. Sorry..

Yours is a small country with unitary form of government. We have federal form of government so we have two ways of taxation one by Central government, other by state governments. And inter-district toll tax is only charged for Road transport.

No just a professional Indian a$$ kicker

No sir, I think you are just pin head!

Then logic dictates that the loan is reduced from $1 billion to $800 million. The word write-off is superfluous since there is nothing to write-off since the money has not been spent. Why this circular method from the Indian Finance Minister. According to you this strictly is not a write-off so why would the Finance Minister use the words write-off for something that will never be spent and is no longer part of the loan agreement?

I will stick to the my original theory that $70 million has been spent and $130 million cannot be accounted for so the Indian Finance Minister to save embarrassment of both governments has decided to write-off $200 million.

130mill unaccounted for,,, do you know how much is 130 million?

Located between India, China and ASEAN (a common market in 2015), Bangladesh will have advantages if you have good relationships with all 3....

Good relationship is based on mutual respect. Human beings do what they can get away with, hence little guys attract big bully's like a magnet. I think you know what I am talking about. That is why good relationship will not happen before we small nations get together and achieve some kind of balance of power against the big bully's in the neighborhood. Only then we will see peace, understanding and good relationship.

For us, the bully that is bothering us is India, as they have a national strategy of interfering with our every affairs, just look at the constant barrage of posts from Indians in the Bangladesh defense threads and you will know what I am talking about. So good relationship will remain viable for us with two of our 3 neighbors, ASEAN bloc and China.

So to connect and develop relationship with ASEAN and China, we need a direct land route via Myanmar, which should be and is our national priority. At this moment, helping India in any way, by giving them transit through our country is against our national interest. Lets say this will happen, only when (if ever) Bangladesh becomes a bona fide part of the possible future ASEAN+ group and the group takes a collective decision that it is ok for Bangladesh to give transit to Indian NE states through Bangladesh.

Can you show me where exactly has the finanace minister used the word "write off", please do point it out. Its your little Bangladeshi news website which has used the term.

Pranab Mukherjee's statements are within quotes, rest is the reporter's interpretation.

"India will treat the amount as grant, not credit," Mukherjee told a group of senior editors as he wound up a 20-hour trip to Dhaka.

"India will treat this amount as grant, not as credit," he said.

The rest of the amount -- $800 million -- will bear a rate of interest at 1.0 per cent, he added.

"The amount of grant assistance -- US$200 million -- will be available to Bangladesh for financing projects that it (Bangladesh) will itself prioritise and like to opt for," he said.

India firm to implement all treaties with BD : Pranab

daily sun | Business | India to sanction $200m of $1b credit as grant

India to sanction $200m as grant | New Age

Yeah you can stick that conspiracy theory:lol:

@ When India has given this loan ?????

@ I heard two and a half years back that India will give us a loan of $ 200 million at a high rate interest from the Indian Bank for the development of infra-structure mainly connected with transit route . Was it the same loan ???

@ I remember the old Urdu joke, " Khayeya piaya khoch nahi, class tuta bill aiya geyra rupia barana ".

nopes..i don't know about sri lankan people,but being a person of bengal,i know majority of the bangladeshi people are anti-Indian

@ " Apnar muke phul chandan ". Thanks for realizing it but the question is why ? You have not explained dada ?

@ Dada, I was there in Sri Lanka many a time, they hate Indians more than Bangladesh. " To cheese hai bari mast mast ki ".

Some people steeped in conspiracy theories and victims of hate, can't even appreciate a great gesture by India.

Of course, we are heartened by the fact that the rajakaars don't make BD policies. They have been put in their place by the patriotic BD people, even though they were not all dealt with in the Dhaka parade ground.

A very noble gesture that the razakaars should never forget.

Some rajakaars want to make BD a minion in a "renewed Japanese empire".

Shows the extent of their pathetic geo political knowledge that they parade everywhere as a shining proof of their ignorance.

As if their hate can actually result in something! ;)

This is exactly what has happened behind the so called 200 million dollar aid story...

Indian Government awarded 1 billion dollar loan to build infrastructure for Indian free transit. Even though the project involved in the 1 billion dollar loan will cost much higher then 1 billion usd that will be paid by Bangladesh government.

Out of the 1 billion usd loan Bangladesh government had to write off around 270 million usd worth of project due to strict one sided condition imposed by India that projects will be supervised by India only and 85% of the project equipment must be bought from India. As India does not build the rail body and track which is required by Bangladesh... and due to the 85% clause ... Bangladesh had to cancel most of the related project. Though some projects has also been taken but total project cost is no more then 800 million.

Now to save the embarrassment of Awami League and exposing of the one sided nature of the projects to create a image repairing measure India write off 200 million dollar projects.

Here is the details...

Wednesday, May 9, 2012
Front Page
$1b Indian Loan
Most of it goes rail's way

Most of it goes rail's way

M Abul Kalam Azad

2012-05-09__fr01.jpg

Dhaka and New Delhi have engaged 80 percent of Indian $1 billion loan into railways in a bid to increase capacity of the neglected sector by adding new passenger coaches, locomotives, goods-carrying wagons and constructing some important tracks.

With an objective to facilitate transit to India and enhance sub-regional connectivity, both the governments have approved 12 projects involving $650 million while four more projects of estimated $150 million are in the pipeline, railway ministry officials say.

Construction of new track from Khulna to Mongla Sea Port and third and fourth dual gauge from Kamalapur Railway Station to Tongi are crucial among the projects.

Back
Top Bottom