What's new

India may replace Mig-27 with F-15 Strike Eagle: Analysts

The ideal choice to replace the Mig 27 would be this awesome beast::smitten:

Here gentlemen,i give the Su-34 fullback Fighter/Bomber

FR0704b1.jpg

[url=http://www.ausairpower.net/APA-Fullback.html]Sukhoi Su-32/Su-34 Fullback[/URL]

Are the Babus in MOD listening...?:azn:

Would Russia sell the fullback or Su-35Bm to India

SU35BM was offered to india two sqdrms or more but india went for block iii mki 42 of them

su35bm is a knappo product mki is an irkust product india is happy with irkust though pakfa is by knappo too.

SU35BM was offered to india two sqdrms or more but india went for block iii mki 42 of them

su35bm is a knappo product mki is an irkust product india is happy with irkust though pakfa is by kna
No surprise there!!!!!!!!!! The old wine once again proves its worth.

su35bm is a knappo product mki is an irkust product india is happy with irkust though pakfa is by knappo too.

No mate...the MKK procured by China is from Irkutsk...but the MKI for India is from KNAPPO.

Read this in the same forum some time back.

No mate...the MKK procured by China is from Irkutsk...but the MKI for India is from KNAPPO.

thats news to me MKI of india is not from knappo its from irkust show me your link where its said from knappo?

read in this forum then its gets a lol read the sukhoi site or knappo site trust me i know a little bit about sukhoi more than some south asian journalist

IRKUT Corporation :: Su-30MK Multirole Combat Aircraft :: Su-30MK Multirole Combat Aircraft
check this link about the mki this is official irkust website in english

next the india A-50 also from irkust IRKUT Corporation :: A-50 Radar Early-Warning and Guiding Aircraft :: A-50 Radar Early-Warning and Guiding Aircraft
thats why i said india loves working with them so chose the blok 3 mki over bm which is a knappo product

IRKUT Corporation :: Su-30MK Multirole Combat Aircraft :: Su-30MK Multirole Combat Aircraft
check this link about the mki this is official irkust website in english

next the india A-50 also from irkust IRKUT Corporation :: A-50 Radar Early-Warning and Guiding Aircraft :: A-50 Radar Early-Warning and Guiding Aircraft
thats why i said india loves working with them so chose the blok 3 mki over bm which is a knappo product

Not able to get the links now...But hey anyways thanx and who cares if its Irkut or KNAAPO as far as it is coming from our friend..?:cheers:

really? we dont need another aircraft type in our inventory. if we want to replace MiG-27soon, just increase MRCA numbers. MRCA is supposed to include Multi-role aircraft, which can engage air and ground targets. no need to bring in Su-34 or F-15 and increase logistical nightmare.

besides more MRCA aircraft means unit cost of each aircraft will go down and we will have less support and logistical costs

so its means their is no chance of mig27 be replace with f-15strike eagle

i dont think we need another aircraft ..

just increase current one like mkis and MRCA

because they are more than enough for our enemies :agree:

so its means their is no chance of mig27 be replace with f-15strike eagle

No it was just a speculation by Srilankan, which makes not sense at all! Mig 27 will be replaced by Su 30 MKI. IF the Migs hat to be phased out earlier, IAF will order some more LCA MK1 to ballance the squad numbers. IF IAF decides to buy a new fighter with A2G capabilies, it will be F18SH, or Rafale.

The ideal choice to replace the Mig 27 would be this awesome beast::smitten:

Here gentlemen,i give the Su-34 fullback Fighter

No doubt a good fighter, but for IAF it offers only a few advantages over the MKI, which are heavier armoured cockpit, more pilot comfort for long range and dedicated ground attack avioinics, but that's it mainly. There is no difference between Su 34 and MKI in weapons, payload, or weapon stations, so even with the high commonality it wouldn't give big advantages.
Only as a replacement of IAF Jaguar IM, in the maritime patrol role, it would be a great choice, because Russia had developed a dedicated version for this role. It is able to carry sonar boyes, torpedos and has dedicated avionics to detect subs. They would be a great addition for the anti ship, anti sub warfare of IAF, or IN.

But Su35BM is mainly for air superiority and has no advantages in the A2G role over the MKI, actually with only 1 pilot it is even a less good choice to replace ground attack fighters.

No doubt a good fighter, but for IAF it offers only a few advantages over the MKI, which are heavier armoured cockpit, more pilot comfort for long range and dedicated ground attack avioinics, but that's it mainly. There is no difference between Su 34 and MKI in weapons, payload, or weapon stations, so even with the high commonality it wouldn't give big advantages.

Not only the avionics,alo the internal fuel capacity,the amount of ordanance it can carry alre greater than the MKI.....
WRT Pakistan it doesnt ffer much advantages...but against China...Many!!!

Only as a replacement of IAF Jaguar IM, in the maritime patrol role, it would be a great choice, because Russia had developed a dedicated version for this role. It is able to carry sonar boyes, torpedos and has dedicated avionics to detect subs. They would be a great addition for the anti ship, anti sub warfare of IAF, or IN.

Yes exactly......Two squadrons of these beasts stationed in Andaman is definitely a game changer against the PLAN.

Not only the avionics,alo the internal fuel capacity,the amount of ordanance it can carry alre greater than the MKI.....
WRT Pakistan it doesnt ffer much advantages...but against China...Many!!!
Yes for internal fuel, but that was needed because the weight increased too, so it is not even an advantage. Su 34 is given with a range of 4000 Km on internal fuel, MKI even at 5000 Km. All Su 30s, 34s and 35s have the same payload of 8000 Kg and the same number of weapon stations (12), so even here there is no real difference.

Back
Top Bottom