What's new

'India is a rising and responsible global power'- Obama

50's isnt valid??? at least now we can discredit UN resolution on the creation of israel.

anyways....... but it was valid in 60's, wasnt it? if yes then 65 was still a war on disputed territory according to international law where as 71 was in support of insurgency in a non disputed territory.

now look for a statement which made 50's invalid in 60's and 70's.

I was quoting Kofi Annan. Anyway whatever the resolutions are, they don't hide the ground reality that Pakistan waged war on India when there was no widespread movement in Kashmir. You calling plight of Bangladeshi people insurgency just because your friendly neighbor China put a veto in security counsel? Do we need a UN resolution to call a spade a spade.

And I really don't have any special feeling or animosity towards Israel. :s

Back then US did not consider India a responsible emerging power, they would send their navy to scare us and all!

So if I may comment on the topic, welcome to 2010!

Yeah that too, but didn't Indira taught uncle a lesson, sore losers called her witch! :lol:

I was quoting Kofi Annan. Anyway whatever the resolutions are, they don't hide the ground reality that Pakistan waged war on India when there was no widespread movement in Kashmir. You calling plight of Bangladeshi people insurgency just because your friendly neighbor China put a veto in security counsel? Do we need a UN resolution to call a spade a spade.

And I really don't have any special feeling or animosity towards Israel. :s

well i dont know wat Kofi annan said but still my argument took into account ur suggestion of excluding 50's today. i said 50's was valid in 60's and 70's and therefore pak did not attack india but a disputed territory. 1971 was not a disputed territory. international law says so not me...

as far as bangladesh, well im not denying our neglect but also highlighting ur support for mukti bhani which did the same (kill and rape pakistan supporters and create anarchy)

Back then US did not consider India a responsible emerging power, they would send their navy to scare us and all!

So if I may comment on the topic, welcome to 2010!

no. u should welcome ur friend whom u actually thanked. the same guy who brought in 1971 and took us away from present.

dont be biased... comeon.... bring him to 2010 so i come back as well.

well i dont know wat Kofi annan said but still my argument took into account ur suggestion of excluding 50's today. i said 50's was valid in 60's and 70's and therefore pak did not attack india but a disputed territory. 1971 was not a disputed territory. international law says so not me...

as far as bangladesh, well im not denying our neglect but also highlighting ur support for mukti bhani which did the same (kill and rape pakistan supporters and create anarchy)

I think we are going all circular here. You said India can't be called responsible power because she helped BD to get liberated. What Mukti Bahini did to achieve their freedom is not India's responsibility, condemnable they may be. Was India just to help BD people in those turmoil time? Yes she was. Was India committed any war crime? I don't think so.

no. u should welcome ur friend whom u actually thanked. the same guy who brought in 1971 and took us away from present.

Yes I will, please read my previous post, and everybody has been flaming - a genocide every decade, come on, be fair to everyone then.

India's failures are well knows and the US routinely comments on it too through their various agencies. However bringing up the past is not relevant to a comment on an 'émerging responsible power', is it?

I think we are going all circular here. What Mukti Bahini did to achieve their freedom is not India's responsibility, condemnable they may be. Was India just to help BD people in those turmoil time? Yes she was.

yes. it was not india's responsibility but india trained and funded mukti bhani to create anarchy within eastern pakistan. and then waged a full fledge war though it might be a wrong way..
moists should also be supported from now on. they are fighting for their rights....

the day u guys become global power plz let me know. ill curse myself.
Long live mighty India :pakistan:

Yes I will, please read my previous post, and everybody has been flaming - a genocide every decade, come on, be fair to everyone then.

India's failures are well knows and the US routinely comments on it too through their various agencies. However bringing up the past is not relevant to a comment on an 'émerging responsible power', is it?

plz..... ill be grateful.

A genocide every decade? supporting insurgents in East Pakistan? come one I'm not the one who deserves credit for taking the thread away from present.

A genocide every decade? supporting insurgents in East Pakistan? come one I'm not the one who deserves credit for taking the thread away from present.

it was one of ur fellow indian who wanted to discuss history with me.

i accepted, lik always, our faults of 1971 yet all indian responses were typical. defending ur acts of 1971 and keeping internal responsibilities aside when talking about global. how can both be separated, i fail to understand.

anyways gudluck. at least we didnt get personal when debating.

bye....

yes. it was not india's responsibility but india trained and funded mukti bhani to create anarchy within eastern pakistan. and then waged a full fledge war though it might be a wrong way..
moists should also be supported from now on. they are fighting for their rights....

the day u guys become global power plz let me know. ill curse myself.
Long live mighty India :pakistan:

Well it's kinda hard to support maoists logistically because of their operational area. But don't worry they have lot of supports from us Indians also, just follow the maoist discussion in India defense section. And also I think it would have been impossible for maoists to fight para-military if they don't have any 'foreign support'.

Once again, mukti bahini didn't create the anarchy in East Pakistan, credit goes to PA. Mukti Bahini was the response.

Well I don't give two hoots what rest of world think of us as long as I'm able to earn my ends meet without any problem. One thing is true India should be more responsible to her children first, world can wait.

Well it's kinda hard to support maoists logistically because of their operational area. But don't worry they have lot of supports from us Indians also, just follow the maoist discussion in India defense section. And also I think it would have been impossible for maoists to fight para-military if they don't have any 'foreign support'.

Once again, mukti bahini didn't create the anarchy in East Pakistan, credit goes to PA. Mukti Bahini was the response.

Well I don't give two hoots what rest of world think of us as long as I'm able to earn my ends meet without any problem. One think is true India should be more responsible to her children first, world can wait.

and once again u r kind of telling me wat i have already accepted to some extent. and yet again u try to defend ur cheap shot. as usual indeed.
many argument still the same after my two yrs on this forum... gets annoying every time i hear the same.

better call it a day.

it was one of ur fellow indian who wanted to discuss history with me.

i accepted, lik always, our faults of 1971 yet all indian responses were typical. defending ur acts of 1971 and keeping internal responsibilities aside when talking about global. how can both be separated, i fail to understand.

anyways gudluck. at least we didnt get personal when debating.

bye....

Well you know your version of history and my version of history. Good to talk to you too.

but who the hell is obama to give certificate to the others to be responsible or irresponsible? there is no any responsible power in this world. it is the jungle law, the powerful getaway with murder, but the powerless takes all the blame and punishment. everything is done in the name of interest, be it legitimate or illegitimate. is america itself a responsible power? i dont think so......

who the hell is obama to give certificate to the others to be responsible or irresponsible?
He is the ruler of Uncle Sams country.... And you better not pick fights with a country which spend close to half a trillion dollars on its military... ya and also the richest country in the world

Back
Top Bottom