What's new

India, Iran cradles of great civilizations: Iranian envoy

it's very well documented that Sanskrit developed in Pakistan.

duh mate,the region which is now afghanistan and pakistan was the main entry point into the sub continent so its no rocket science to say that people settled there and many migrated later on,even your muslim masters entered through there and established islam in teh region before going further into india

personally i credit pingala with the concept of zero/shunya/void. In order to do binary numbers you need a nothing value. The rules for zero are most clearly stated by Brahmagupta.

All of these individuals were from the region of Ancient Pakistan.

Ancient Pakistan?
Where did you get that my friend?

Couple of resources on the history of zero.

mediatinker.com (a blog but seems knowledgeable)
Zero

Briefly, the ancient Babylonians and Mayans had a 'positional' or 'place value' concept of zero before south Asia, but it was the later mathematicians from south Asia who first used zero in its modern sense. The credit for this usage of zero is generally given to Brahmagupta.
Even if we consider it to be true........

BUT there is a hell and heaven difference between having a vague concept and actually applying the concept in practical.

If my Pakistani freinds feel proud of Sanskrit being developed in pakistan than they should be having Research and devlopment institutions for Sanskrit Language in there country.Like Urdu is developed in Awadh region of India and we have lots of institutes which are into this.

Many Indians on this forum are just as racist and juvenile. Instead of addressing any specifics, you decided to whine about a handful of posters. Go cry me a river.

The fact remains that, except for recent history, the word 'India' was a generic term with about as much meaning as the phrase 'the Orient', so the phrase 'ancient Indian culture' is an inaccurate shorthand for 'ancient south Asian culture'. This is commensurate with the fact that there is cultural overlap between the modern states of India and Pakistan. However, it is also true that both regions have their own distinct historical heritage as well. There is nothing wrong in pointing out if a certain personality or event is exclusive to either region -- assuming it can be 'proved' historically.

Speaking of juvenile...

Look at ancient Greek maps to understand what "India" meant in the ancient world.

i understand your feeling.
but see: some people blame arabs for this or that and they clearly say it ;)

about friendship... during iran iraq war we didn't have much friends.
And you know.... we know that nobody will save us from a war from USA. I have family near nuclear center .... believe me i worry every day if an attack occurs . and you can see that no country will care to strongly oppose the decision of USA
like nobody did it in Iraq

Man, we always have some threats in everyday life. even crossing a road, while driving car, people are getting heart attacks also, there is always a possibility and you are correct on your threats.

But I tell you something else, it is said in every newspaper that China’s first target is US and second India and also there are news that China has put its best missiles towards either India or Russia (don’t surprise its true). And also, Russia just changed its Nuclear doctrine and withdrew NFU pledge of SU/ USSR by saying, “in case of mass scale use of conventional weapons, Russia may use Nuke first also.” And everyone knows with whom they are concerned with and at the same time India’s total defense preparation is now about taking China into consideration. But at the same time, BRICS are always united against any move by US/ West. just see how things happened while voting against Syria and also in everyday politics in WTO when BRICS just dont find West/ US right on any protectionism measures. 2 veto were used against the voting on Syria and BRICS openly criticized it. Before time of Iran comes, its Syria on table first and just see how many things are going to happen on its politics. Just pray that common public of Syria wont go against its rulers and rest nothing going to happen. And about Iran, I don’t think Iran is ever going to be attacked if world don’t want WW3. Iran’s cold war friends will accept only a ‘diplomatic solution’ of Iran, without any more noise. Even any more sanctions on Iran will divide the world, we have reached this stage. I read that Russia just moved a Warship towards Syria and they also heavily criticized new sanctions on Iran and Indian media now find Iran only good and sanctions on Iran very wrong.

But I must say here that Iran’s foreign policy is also full of flaws. Why Iran name any country as its enemy even if it’s Israel also? I mean, if you want to do something then do for any reason and forget the rest, it will take a long time to find out the main reasons behind any war and who first attacked, all will be discussed for years. But why Iran says any wrong about any country? Sometimes lips slip but we may again make different statements to fix it but why you declare any enemy on international level? Who helped you even if you fought with Iraq while everyone knew that it was only Iraq who used to create problems for Iran and Iran never had any option other than responding Iraq’s attacks on Iran? And if you don’t get any support from any regional country also then why you worry for anything happens which is not concerned with Iran’s interests? Neither you could fought with Israel also and also there is always a reason to now call Iran a threat for the whole West because of that? Why Iran’s political people say anything about any country even if its Israel, if they all know that they are simply not in position to fight any war which may put Iran on one side and rest of whole West on other side who will be supported by Arabs also?

Everyone knows that Iran is just not interested in nuclear weapons and they are right on their claim for nuclear energy as they are NPT signatory also. They just don’t think any country as their enemy and they respect all those who respect them. and until interests of their civilians is not harmed in either way, Iran doesn’t find anyone wrong in world. Rest, just sleep and forget all. The way there is always a reason to blame Iran, in the same way there are always many reasons to prove Iran is right and its US who always wants to create problems in world. Power exercise on Iran is going to divide the whole world which won’t happen.

Iranian envoy is right we have great future but Iran should be little reasonable and less confrontation oriented with the world, it receives lots of negative publicity and unwanted propaganda.

Iranian envoy is right we have great future but Iran should be little reasonable and less confrontation oriented with the world, it receives lots of negative publicity and unwanted propaganda.
Wait a minute, running a nuclear program is confrontation with the world ? since when Israel,US are the world ?

Gadafi gave up his Nuclear program and look what happened to him

117e9kw.jpg

Wait a minute, running a nuclear program is confrontation with the world ? since when Israel,US are the world ?

Gadafi gave up his Nuclear program and look what happened to him

117e9kw.jpg

There are two ways to have nuclear umbrella. First you would have Nukes by your own or you would have those who are committed to use Nukes for you, if required. Like how NPT signatories Western countries find themselves very happy with having nuclear powers US and UK. and also like how US has publically declared nuclear umbralla for Japan and South Korea. India couldn’t get NPT recognition so they didn’t sign it and as India also has Nukes since 1974 with China in concern, then Pakistan also got a reason since early 90s to have Nukes until India also has and you would think of Israel just as a US’s state in Middle East. Rest of the countries had to sign NPT which is nothing but a bluff to humanity. And here, I think Iran would first try for a proper alignment with Russia and get Nuclear umbrella from them, (Russia is ranked second in world fire power ranking also), and try to have best aircrafts from Russia like PAK FA with stealth submarines, T90 tanks, long range missiles with credible missile defense like S-300 etc also and wait for while until the world will have been little changed, just for 6 to 7 more years. Support from Russia will earn support from many other Russian allies for Iran making the world fully divided, in wrong circumstances. Iran’s economy is comparable to Saudi economy with oil/ gas reserves, much more stronger than that of Pakistan also but they don’t have good arms. Iran would first try to build good defense with good arms like how Saudi Arabia is buying F15s and Eurofighters and keep nuclear deterrence through US also (and also through Pakistan if required.)

I believe, every country of the world has right to develop techs if they are capable to. And if Iran keeps full nuclear techs without a weapon, what’s wrong in this as we have one more example Japan also, a NPT signatory, who doesn’t have nuclear weapons but they have full techs. then why not Iran also, who has a great history and high reputation like Japan? having capability to make nuclear weapons within 1 -2 years, if required, with having full techs is itself not bad and you have right to do so for “Peaceful Purposes” as a NPT signatory. Iran would wait for at least 6 to 8 years and till then the world will have become fully bipolar and then they would think accordingly. And with Russia, Iran would try to make proper economic ties with India in next 5 to 6 years which will attach India with Iran for energy supplies, engaging India with Iran in case of any big confrontation. world is moving towards energy wars and Just by 2025, India will have 4 aircrafts carriers also with all those arms Russia will also have in future. India is set to become 3rd largest economy on PPP by end of 2011 and ranked in emerging G7 also.
(you must give your friends enough space so that they may have good reasons to support you.)

Many Indians on this forum are just as racist and juvenile. Instead of addressing any specifics, you decided to whine about a handful of posters. Go cry me a river.

The fact remains that, except for recent history, the word 'India' was a generic term with about as much meaning as the phrase 'the Orient', so the phrase 'ancient Indian culture' is an inaccurate shorthand for 'ancient south Asian culture'. This is commensurate with the fact that there is cultural overlap between the modern states of India and Pakistan. However, it is also true that both regions have their own distinct historical heritage as well. There is nothing wrong in pointing out if a certain personality or event is exclusive to either region -- assuming it can be 'proved' historically.

Speaking of juvenile...

What specifics i haven't answered pray tell me, your comment that previously you were aware of this past glorious history being present in your text books and being removed only recently is what we are speaking about. You also said that this issue should be and would be addressed in due time. I gave you a better alternative of starting at a better level i.e. PDF, here you are a think tank. You can influence people, i am asking you to take a stand on accepting only the Muslim history as yours because on the thread i specified generally people take only that stand.

If many Indians are racist and juvenile, you please ban them. See to it they never come back.

I didn't whine exactly but whatever suits you, and no they aren't just a handful of posters. Don't act like you started visiting PDF just recently.

I will give you an absolute fact for your paragraph, any where in the world if you go and speak of subcontinental legacy or history, Sanskrit the Vedas Puranas etc etc mention them and they talk of India the modern India not Pakistan. Pakistani's themselves don't associate with it. So live with it, you contradicting it will not change the truth at a global level.

Look at ancient Greek maps to understand what "India" meant in the ancient world.

Ancient Greek maps showed the Indus Valley as India, not modern day India.

India started to become known around 300 BC, which makes modern day India have a 2,300 year history, Pakistan to have a 5,000 year history.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

I will give you an absolute fact for your paragraph, any where in the world if you go and speak of subcontinental legacy or history, Sanskrit the Vedas Puranas etc etc mention them and they talk of India the modern India not Pakistan. Pakistani's themselves don't associate with it. So live with it, you contradicting it will not change the truth at a global level.

Sanskrit developed in Pakistan. It might be associated with India in textbooks, but those textbooks refer to the subcontinent as India. Indians tries to take advantage of this confusion, as you're doing now. It doesn't alter the history of course.

If many Indians are racist and juvenile, you please ban them. See to it they never come back.

I have no influence in issuing infractions or banning people; that is for the moderators.

Yes, nobody's denying the perceptions. The discussion here is about historical facts v/s popular perceptions.

Back
Top Bottom