What's new

India, Iran cradles of great civilizations: Iranian envoy

I know for a fact that Pakistani schoolbooks in the 70s gave full due to Harappa, Ashoka, and other aspects of our heritage. This nonsense of denial only started in the last few decades and will be redressed in due time.

It has to be addressed at a far deeper level, look at this site first. When some disillusioned Indian starts a friendship thread saying we Indians and Pakistanis are one and the same, as he thinks we shared the ancient land and still share lot of culture, what are the majority replies?? Majority of Pakistani posters start with their family lineage, they go back some thousands of years saying they are some how related to Arabs and share no relation with India or its culture. I have seen some worst racist comments on such threads, people who accepted that their forefathers could be (not completely) cursed them and said it doesn't matter as they disowned all such crap!!!! Everybody showed pretty clearly how the Hindu is worst despised than the Jew. Remarks about skin color , height and manhood etc etc galore in such threads to show Pakistani superiority.

However when a thread about ancient culture of India starts, suddenly India is no more a entity. The evil yindoos have tricked the plain minded Pakistanis by stealing their legacy. Before 1947 there was no India or even concept of India!!!!

You cant have it both ways Mr. Think tank.

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

Try reading the thread before posting and see how Pakistan is central to any discussion of ancient 'Indian' culture. In a historical context, the word 'India' is about as meaningful as the phrase 'the Orient'.

Yeah i think my post above explains it very very well. Like i said you can't have it both ways.

Thread is about Iran and Indian civilizations. Why Pakistani's trying to troll at best. If you can't share positive views please keep quite. Don't derail the thread more.

I know for a fact that Pakistani schoolbooks in the 70s gave full due to Harappa, Ashoka, and other aspects of our heritage. This nonsense of denial only started in the last few decades and will be redressed in due time.

I think Nobody in India will deny the shared heritage of India and those native People of Pakistan who got converted after Islam came there. In fact we (Hindus for sure) will be happy if you honor the the great scholars like Panini of our/your civilization.

Its you guys who have failed to form a broader national consensus in opinion, regarding your own heritage till date. The sooner you guys sort of this kind of confusion over identity crisis (whether it is Arabic, Indian, Greek, Mixed or whatever), its better for your country and the Indian Subcontinent as a whole.

If you ask my personal opinion Pakistani people are mixture of Indus-Vally, Persian, Greek, Arabic, Central Asian Civilisation as the lands of your country was a melting pot of Invasion and Resistance for centuries. So you should either respect heritages of all those civilizations you guys are a part of, equally; or should not bother about your history at all and move on towards future.

Giving preference to one and denying the other as you guys are currently doing, is flirting with danger, which I am sure you guys have learnt/learning through the hard way.

Btw, I am not here to argue myths, but what's wrong with having ancient Pakistan??

If you can attach the word ancient to the nation state of India then you can do the same for Pakistan.

India has never existed as a nation state, it does now, it has definite Borders and the areas within these Borders have their own histories, from Tamil nadu to Delhi.Well Pakistan is the same, the regions within it's Borders have an ancient history, ergo ancient Pakistan.

---------- Post added at 08:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

As has been said, there are links between us and Africans as well.

As per Pakistanis -India and Pakistan came into being together in 1947 and none of them existed before that.so

1)So what was "Quit INDIA" movement all about before 1947 ?
2)Why was the "EAST INDIA company" set up in 1762 ? East of nothing ?:woot:
3)Indian Ocean(must be after 1947) ?????
4)Hell even BCCI(hope you know wat I means there) was formed in 1934 while National Cricket team of PAkistan made its debut against India in 1952(first official tour was to ceylon in 1949)
5)Why is that event in 1947 referred to as "Partition of India" and not birth of two nations ?

Answer these first, the history has loads of questions for you to answer .

People should understand the difference between an Indian and a citizen of Republic of India, like I asked roadrunner that what was a citizen of Porus's empire called, and he avoided the question.

Pakistanis should first stop using Turk, Arbian, Afghan, Central Asian heroes to name their weapons, cities etc and then lecture us history.

PNS Panini anyone? :lol:

Did they have citizenry then?

If they did they would have been Pauravans. As long as they lived in what is now Pakistan, it's Pakistani history.

Old Persian was spoken about the same time as Classical Sanskrit (which developed in Pakistan).

Before Old Persian the common origin with Sanskrit was ....... ? fill in the blank if you can.

Sanskrit did not develop in Pakistan, please check your sources before you make such claims for obvious reasons.

The number zero and the Indian numeric system were not invented in the boundaries of modern India.

The Arabs did have intellectuals of note (al-Khwarizmi)

wow you really are on a trolling spree today, can you atleast check your sources before you open you mouth, your making the whole think tank group look stupid.

the number zero was invented in Pakistan. It's the shunya, my guess is Pingala's treatizes, or if it has to be placed to someone probably it would be Brahmagupta.

I take my case back, your just purely trolling now, how much did you pay for your think tank tag ?

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

it's very well documented that Sanskrit developed in Pakistan.

provide proof troll

wow you really are on a trolling spree today, can you atleast check your sources before you open you mouth, your making the whole think tank group look stupid.

personally i credit pingala with the concept of zero/shunya/void. In order to do binary numbers you need a nothing value. The rules for zero are most clearly stated by Brahmagupta.

All of these individuals were from the region of Ancient Pakistan.

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

I take my case back, your just purely trolling now, how much did you pay for your think tank tag ?

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:39 PM ----------

provide proof troll

just look it up?

personally i credit pingala with the concept of zero/shunya/void. In order to do binary numbers you need a nothing value. The rules for zero are most clearly stated by Brahmagupta.

All of these individuals were from the region of Ancient Pakistan.

---------- Post added at 08:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:41 AM ----------

just look it up?

Please I know you for a long time, your just a troll, dont know who gave you a think tank tag, your blinded by hate so its no use arguing with you.

about iran, well we all know mesopotamia is the cradle of civilization which clearly doesnt lie in iran, but iraq, so these retards both of them need a history lesson, please guys

so oldest civilization lie in pakistan and iraq, not india and iran

Tigr-euph.png

map showing the Tigris–Euphrates river system, which defines Mesopotamia

519px-Civilt%C3%A0ValleIndoMappa.png

Indus Valley Civilization

You ******* moron, irans susa civilization alone is older than iraqa mesepotamia you retarded **** head.

It has to be addressed at a far deeper level, look at this site first. When some disillusioned Indian starts a friendship thread saying we Indians and Pakistanis are one and the same, as he thinks we shared the ancient land and still share lot of culture, what are the majority replies?? Majority of Pakistani posters start with their family lineage, they go back some thousands of years saying they are some how related to Arabs and share no relation with India or its culture. I have seen some worst racist comments on such threads, people who accepted that their forefathers could be (not completely) cursed them and said it doesn't matter as they disowned all such crap!!!! Everybody showed pretty clearly how the Hindu is worst despised than the Jew. Remarks about skin color , height and manhood etc etc galore in such threads to show Pakistani superiority.

However when a thread about ancient culture of India starts, suddenly India is no more a entity. The evil yindoos have tricked the plain minded Pakistanis by stealing their legacy. Before 1947 there was no India or even concept of India!!!!

Many Indians on this forum are just as racist and juvenile. Instead of addressing any specifics, you decided to whine about a handful of posters. Go cry me a river.

The fact remains that, except for recent history, the word 'India' was a generic term with about as much meaning as the phrase 'the Orient', so the phrase 'ancient Indian culture' is an inaccurate shorthand for 'ancient south Asian culture'. This is commensurate with the fact that there is cultural overlap between the modern states of India and Pakistan. However, it is also true that both regions have their own distinct historical heritage as well. There is nothing wrong in pointing out if a certain personality or event is exclusive to either region -- assuming it can be 'proved' historically.

You cant have it both ways Mr. Think tank.

Speaking of juvenile...

Couple of resources on the history of zero.

mediatinker.com (a blog but seems knowledgeable)
Zero

Briefly, the ancient Babylonians and Mayans had a 'positional' or 'place value' concept of zero before south Asia, but it was the later mathematicians from south Asia who first used zero in its modern sense. The credit for this usage of zero is generally given to Brahmagupta.

Back
Top Bottom