What's new

India involved in illicit nuclear activities: US t

Originally posted by Ahsan_R@Mar 17 2006, 01:13 AM
Well I don't get NDTV here, but Aajtak is one of those channels that you can call "India's version of FOX News". Aajtak to what I see is a VERY pro-indian channel, same with headlines today and all they do is report how great india is. Zee news is in contrast sort of balanced, more tilted toward being anti-indian. All these murders and rapes are busted by only a few channels like Zee Tv and Sahara Samay. Channels like headlines today and aajtak only report about how good india is.
[post=7136]Quoted post[/post]​

i agree with you aajtak and zee news are those cheap channels around which sells jingoism,rape and murder like pancakes.I hate those channels.

especially the kind of titles they give to their programs,

Originally posted by Sid@Mar 18 2006, 12:23 AM
Let me tell you, in the circles where it matters, it DOES mean a LOT and responsible people take lessons from these articles when drawing up policies. This is because the fellow is quite a reputable one.

[post=7216]Quoted post[/post]​

americans wont bother,Bush wont bother and Congress wont mind giving India whatever is reqd to be in her good books.

And thats bcoz we are a booming country,,and where there are lots of people to buy coke,pepsi and IBM laptops whuch run on intel and has microsft software and wer will bargain with that and get all thats reqd.

Originally posted by Sid@Mar 18 2006, 01:53 AM
You are so much like so many Indians I have encountered in the past. When they have nothing to say to refute the claims made by someone against them, they go like "oh, this person is so and so; therefore, his article/comments mean nothing".
Now let us not generalise, Indians and Pakistanis are all alike, similar resonse to similar questions.
Let me tell you, in the circles where it matters, it DOES mean a LOT and responsible people take lessons from these articles when drawing up policies. This is because the fellow is quite a reputable one.
We are way beyond that point, it does not matter.
As far as no agreement was broken, CIRUS was provided to India by Canada for peaceful purposes and to be used as a civilian reactor but India ignored all ramifications and used that reactor's fuel rods to extract plutonium and develop its first nuclear device which it tested in 1974, terming it a 'peaceful test' (its beyond my comprehension how you can term a nuclear test a 'peaceful test' - that beats all ironies for me).
It did bring peace :). Our Chinese friends had gone nuclear in 1964, and Nixon had made vague comments about using a nuke on us during the 1971 war. So don't blame us for arming up.

Political and moral maturity is in taking responsibility for your actions as Pakistan showed in its case.
You are joking, right.

Originally posted by Prashant+Mar 18 2006, 11:08 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prashant &#064; Mar 18 2006, 11:08 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>americans wont bother,Bush wont bother and Congress wont mind giving India whatever is reqd to be in her good books.
[post=7241]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b]

Yes u r right the US wont bother as long as India is in its good books and as long as it can use India for promoting its own intrests as she did with us.

<!--QuoteBegin-Prashant
@Mar 18 2006, 11:08 AM
And thats bcoz we are a booming country,,and where there are lots of people to buy coke,pepsi and IBM laptops whuch run on intel and has microsft software and wer will bargain with that and get all thats reqd.
[post=7241]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]

Yes India is booming economy and US see a good market for its products and investment opportunities. So do u think US has any love for India and doing all that just to add to its already growing economy i dont think so.

i have question to ask the indian memberes here everyone knw the benefits India has going to have from the deal but do u think of see any advers affects the energy deal will have on ur Nuclear programme? can anyone out there discuss this here

Originally posted by Jana+Mar 18 2006, 04:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jana &#064; Mar 18 2006, 04:48 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yes u r right the US wont bother as long as India is in its good books and as long as it can use India for promoting its own intrests as she did with us.
[/b]

That is called GeoPolitics. And India fuctions the same way.There is nothing called &#39;true friendship&#39; or &#39;all weather friendship&#39;.Just national interests.

Originally posted by Jana@Mar 18 2006, 04:48 PM
Yes India is booming economy and US see a good market for its products and investment opportunities. So do u think US has any love for India and doing all that just to add to its already growing economy i dont think so.
Why would the US love us? or for that matter why would India love USA? Its all about money,power and selfish interests. Money talks, BS walks.

<!--QuoteBegin-Jana
@Mar 18 2006, 04:48 PM
i have question to ask the indian memberes here everyone knw the benefits India has going to have from the deal but do u think of see any advers affects the energy deal will have on ur Nuclear programme? can anyone out there discuss this here
[post=7257]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]
Adverse effects on our Nuke prog? Not much, I guess. Since we have declared 8 nuclear reactors as military (Out of IAEA safeguards) and reserve the right to designate future reactors either as military or civilian as per our needs, I think we got a pretty good deal.

A lot of think tanks here in the US are against the deal, publications such as the Brookings review and the Bulletin of atomic scientists. In the coming days, a lot of these findings are going to be submitted to Congress regarding india&#39;s role in illegal Nuclear trade with Libya, Iraq and Iran. india also illegaly imported heavy water in the 70&#39;s and 80&#39;s as well as imprting equipment for Uranium enrichment.

Looking forward to the coming few weeks. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by SATAN@Mar 20 2006, 05:31 AM
india also illegaly imported heavy water in the 70&#39;s and 80&#39;s as well as imprting equipment for Uranium enrichment.
Imported - yes. But never exported anything. And that is what matters to the world when they talk of non-poliferation.

Originally posted by Jana@Mar 18 2006, 03:18 PM
have question to ask the indian memberes here everyone knw the benefits India has going to have from the deal but do u think of see any advers affects the energy deal will have on ur Nuclear programme? can anyone out there discuss this here
[post=7257]Quoted post[/post]​

We are prone to sanctions.W eneed to look at alternate providers for fuels for our military reactors,

Originally posted by Prashant@Mar 20 2006, 01:35 PM
We are prone to sanctions.W eneed to look at alternate providers for fuels for our military reactors,
[post=7400]Quoted post[/post]​

will you please elborate that how India is prone to sacntion i mean if u had decleared 14 out of 22 reactors as civilian so how it implies to sanction i mean wht will be the basis for sanction and what the indian analysts think that what would be the draw back i mean will US be able to or will it try to poke into the secret development of any device or weapons or aspects of Indian nuclear programme in the guise of this deal.
I need a deatiled indian view here without any prejudice so anyone willing to analys honestly.

Originally posted by Jana+Mar 20 2006, 04:45 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jana &#064; Mar 20 2006, 04:45 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>will you please elborate that how India is prone to sacntion i mean if u had decleared 14 out of 22 reactors as civilian so how it implies to sanction i mean wht will be the basis for sanction
[/b]

Only Prashant can explain how Indian can come under sanctions when all its declared Civilian nuclear reactors will be under IAEA safeguards. The Indo-US deal explicitly states that if one member of the NSG group refuses to supply the nuclear fuel, the other members would make sure that India gets enough nuclear fuel for all its Civilian nuclear reactors. Or else the deal is off. Even if this deal doesnt go through, India stands nothing to lose as per the Indo-US deal. We are still not signing NPT or CTBT.

<!--QuoteBegin-Jana
@Mar 20 2006, 04:45 PM
and what the indian analysts think that what would be the draw back i mean will US be able to or will it try to poke into the secret development of any device or weapons or aspects of Indian nuclear programme in the guise of this deal.
I need a deatiled indian view here without any prejudice so anyone willing to analys honestly.
[post=7405]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]
I don&#39;t see how US would meddle with our military nuclear program, since they won&#39;t have anything to do with this deal. India will separate its civilian from its military nuclear programs, but it has until 2014 to put this fully into effect.

But if you are asking if US would try to spy on our nuclear weapons program, then it might be happening even now, even before this deal was inked. They don&#39;t need to ink this deal to start spying on our nuke prog.They might be doing that already for all we know.

Originally posted by Jana@Mar 20 2006, 03:15 PM
will you please elborate that how India is prone to sacntion i mean if u had decleared 14 out of 22 reactors as civilian so how it implies to sanction i mean wht will be the basis for sanction and what the indian analysts think that what would be the draw back i mean will US be able to or will it try to poke into the secret development of any device or weapons or aspects of Indian nuclear programme in the guise of this deal.
[post=7405]Quoted post[/post]​

Imagine a situation if india conducts further nuclear tests.

Originally posted by Prashant@Mar 20 2006, 05:24 PM
Imagine a situation if india conducts further nuclear tests.
[post=7409]Quoted post[/post]​
Thats a hypothetical situation. India is not going to break its self-imposed moratorium on nuclear testing anytime soon. Too much is at stake.
What Jana wants to know is if this Indo-US deal will have any adverse effects on Indian military nuclear program.

Originally posted by Hammer@Mar 20 2006, 04:05 PM
Thats a hypothetical situation. India is not going to break its self-imposed moratorium on nuclear testing anytime soon. Too much is at stake.
What Jana wants to know is if this Indo-US deal will have any adverse effects on Indian military nuclear program.
[post=7410]Quoted post[/post]​

Oops i got it wrong.Sorry jana.
i am at work,that shud explain everything.

Originally posted by Hammer@Mar 20 2006, 05:05 PM
[post=7410]Quoted post[/post]​
well hammer its not hypothetical its very much possible but i dont think so US gonna put any sanction on India even if it conducts further explosions.

Originally posted by Jana@Mar 20 2006, 08:35 PM
well hammer its not hypothetical its very much possible but i dont think so US gonna put any sanction on India even if it conducts further explosions.
[post=7421]Quoted post[/post]​
If India conducts a nuclear test now, even the US wont be able to save us from world condemnation and diplomatic isolation. US may not put any sanctions on us but they wont be able to stop others from doing that. The Indian economy is growing faster than expected and this is helping India a lot in all fronts. It is far more important than the nuclear tests.
India wouldnt even think of nuclear tests for the next two decades or so.

Back
Top Bottom