What's new

India eyes China tech for railway expansion

They consider India slum country , yet have no problem with Chinese companies wasting Chinese hard earned money by investing in research centers or opening bank there.

Brother it was not us who created this impression of a slum country, blame Western movies like that one with the Mumbai millionaire.

Brother it was not us who created this impression of a slum country, blame Western movies like that one with the Mumbai millionaire.

You didn't answer my question ,

Besides, it wasn't the question of impression of a slum country , the subject here is : some of your country men believe India a slum country and yet they have no problem about the Chinese companies wasting Chinese hard earned money by investing in research centers.

You didn't answer my question ,

Besides, it wasn't the question of impression of a slum country , the subject here is : some of your country men believe India a slum country and yet they have no problem about the Chinese companies wasting Chinese hard earned money by investing in research centers.

I don't know, maybe I have the wrong impression, but the image of India in my mind is a few areas (especially Universities and Research centers) that are at a mediocre level, but the rest of the country is not so good.

So I can't see why anyone would have a problem with investing money there, the only relevent factor is the RoI: Return on investment.

However, calling Chinese goods cheap and worthless, then using them to make your own national flag, and even risking the lives of Indian citizens by buying trains and railways from China?

Why would you risk the lives of thousands of your own citizens by putting them in cheap worthless Chinese products like Chinese trains?

Hahaha your patriotism was in vain, you were waving the wrong thing. :lol: And your hard earned money is safe in our pockets.

Too bad Indians had to outsource even their national flag. :azn:

Especially to the enemy which whacked them in 1962, come for another whack at their national flag, while taking your money at the same time.

So u agree that average chinese are not even capable of normal printing jobs?? rest all is my problem where i spend, who ends up benfiting is my headache and ur pleasure.. But as i spend money i want quality and u as a supplier are bound to give me that else be prepared to be bashed..

Your comment is like someone complaining about hypocrisy of some Chinese members who consider Indians to have low IQ yet they have no problem with Indians living in Hong Kong , or some Indian getting married to Chinese.

They consider India slum country , yet have no problem with Chinese companies wasting Chinese hard earned money by investing in research centers or opening bank there.

Regarding the flag , i"ll give you a scenario .

If a Chinese flag is hoisted at the Imperial palace on pole that is made from iron ore imported from India , should the Chinese people pay importance to raw materials used to make the flag or the symbolic meaning of the flag?

its like this. The graduates of IITs have some of the highest IQs in the world, because they're the elite of the elite, the top 1 out of 30,000 people to even get in, and to get out, the even more top elite. But this top elite is willing to work for the average Western wage, in India. That's a good deal, and a very high return on investment. I don't know of any other group with such high average IQ yet so low wages.

Indians that go to China should go home. we are not a country of immigrants and too many Indians will change the demographics of China.

So now u understand why china is a slave to the white masters??:rofl::rofl:.. all the military stuff ur CPC is buying to control 1.3 billion of ur population and nothing else..Imagine u go on a war with ur white masters and they stop buying ur goods all ur xyz trillion economy will be in gutters, this is the same reason china cannot ever dare to attack india, u attack us and we stop trade, ultimately hundreds of millions of chinese loose jobs, followed with jasmine typr uprisings and finally china divided into 8-9 small countries..

theres a simple solution: the government sells bonds to raise money, buy all the goods, and dump them into the ocean. then pays entrepreneurs money to dreg them back. that'll keep employment up. or use the money to give more agricultural subsidies and encourage people to go back to the farm.

now what'd be interesting is seeing what happens when the price of every single thing increases 10x, along with the decline of the USD and the rising oil prices. The US will break up like the Soviet Union and Europe would go back to what it was like in WW2: a warring continent of fascist dictatorships.

I don't know, maybe I have the wrong impression, but the image of India in my mind is a few areas (especially Universities and Research centers) that are at a mediocre level, but the rest of the country is not so good.

So I can't see why anyone would have a problem with investing money there, the only relevent factor is the RoI: Return on investment.

When i mentioned some of Chinese members , i excluded you.

However, calling Chinese goods cheap and worthless, then using them to make your own national flag, and even risking the lives of Indian citizens by buying trains and railways from China?

Why would you risk the lives of thousands of your own citizens by putting them in cheap worthless Chinese products like Chinese trains?

I'm not one among those who believe all Chinese goods are cheap and worthless.

there are myriad reasons , one is consumer awareness , popular stereotype, the reasons just go on....

India eyes China tech for railway expansion

After the telecom and power sector being benefited from Chinese supplies of instruments, India is contemplating leveraging Chinese experience through a “potential cooperation” in the railway sector.

The two countries are slated to share their experience in expansion and management of railway network during the first two-day India-China Strategic Economic Dialogue, starting in Beijing on Monday. In fact, the chairman of the Railway Board will be accompanying the Indian delegation, led by Deputy Chairman of the Planning Commission Montek Singh Ahluwalia.

The Chinese side will be led by Zhang Ping, the chairman of China’s National Development and Reform Commission.

“Discussions during the 1st Strategic Economic Dialogue will focus on plan formulation and implementation in India and China, the global economic outlook, efficient use of water resources, energy efficiency and pricing and potential cooperation in the railway sector,” said a communique issued by the Ministry of External Affairs.

Both sides had agreed to establish the dialogue platform during Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao’s visit to India late last year.

Although both are among the top five largest railway networks in the world, India has been sluggish in expanding its network while China has made a determined progress and has set an ambitious expansion plan of high-speed rail network to connect the remotest parts of the country to its fastest growing regions by 2020.

The Indian side is likely to use the dialogue forum to explore cooperation in this sector, particularly drawing lessons how to use cheap technologies to undertake massive expansion of the railway network.

India eyes cheap China tech for railway expansion - Indian Express

The real headline is India eyes cheap China tech for railway expansion

but srilankan aqs always twisted it

Funny, I heard an Indian member just now saying that all Chinese stuff is low quality and worthless.

So why is India asking for them??

Mr. Chinese guy, i personally like china for almost everything. The products that are outsourced to you for production( like iphones are manufactured in china) are good products. But the products manudfactured by chinese companies for their business is generally low quality. we generally dont see much quality chinese stuff in indian market so that is why we have this perception. But then again it depends what market are you looking at. for eg. lenovo is doing a good job in pc manufacturing in india. :tup:

I thought "cheap and low quality" Chinese goods shouldn't be used for something like a proud Indian national flag?
that depends, a rich guy in india can wave a flag made in high quality chinese silk hung on a diamond studded pole and a poor guy in india cant even afford that. so it all depends

Personal attacks already? :lol:

I was just wondering why Indians were so eager to say anything made in China is cheap and worthless (even though our exports for 2010 were worth more than India's entire GDP)... but on the other hand they come and plead for some of it?

Recently Reliance power had make agreement to buy electrical equipments for its power plant worth $6 bn we can not say they are wortless.

This thread had the promise of initiating some good and serious discussions on the need for modernisation of the huge and sprawling Indian railways network. Then some kid got in fake national flags and so the whole thread went to dogs, literally. There are so many threads with meaningful subject titles which one is forced to avoid because the mud flying around in them does not allow any serious discussion to happen.
I wish the mods find some way to keep the non serious posters and trolls out of the threads.

Just like Japanese Delhi-Bombay fright corridor, we can either give Chinese the mountainous region of NE or Kashmir (only if they agree) or we can have one more fright corridor

Back
Top Bottom