What's new

India education: Dalit student suicide

Sri Lanka did very wrong with Tamils, their is no doubt in it.

Same with India and her Muslims, Dalits, Sikhs, Christians and Tribals. No doubt about it.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Did you or did you not see the links about convictions of Khandamahal riots? You are just bs artist mate, anywho save me your rant. ciao

Thanks to pressure from US Congressmen.

Same with India and her Muslims, Dalits, Sikhs, Christians and Tribals. No doubt about it.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 PM ----------

Thanks to pressure from US Congressmen.

Show me a link, like I did, or you have zero credibility from now on.

Not justifying any deeds. Just responding to the penchant of Indian posters (like you) who sit in their ivory towers, pretend as if all is hunky dory in India and advise others to 'treat their minorities better'. Laughable. Time well spent in my opinion. At least a few Indian posters actually learnt about anti-conversion laws in India, and how minorities of various backgrounds are discriminated against and persecuted down to riots and all.

Rather than ranting in full voice, do this: Come to India, apply for Indian citizenship, And if you got lucky & get Indian citizenship, change your religion from whatever it is to whatever you wish. Lets see if there is any "anti-conversion Law" as you stated.

It *must* be because of this:

BBC NEWS | South Asia | India hit over religious violence

You know, just like how it was because of US congressmen that Sri Lanka's Supreme Court ruled anti-conversion legislation unconcstitutional?

Nope 15 congressmen specifically wrote to your government to not pass that bill, which ironically is exactly the same as the one India implemented, and your government shyt its pants. Zero credibility.

Would like to see the ruling from the Sri lankan court if possible?

Rather than ranting in full voice, do this: Come to India, apply for Indian citizenship, And if you got lucky & get Indian citizenship, change your religion from whatever it is to whatever you wish. Lets see if there is any "anti-conversion Law" as you stated.

I have no desire for Indian citizenship mate. Thanks for the offer though.

But if I did do that, I could easily run to the police station and say that the "evil" local Christian was "forcing" me to change my religion and that they were "alluring me" and the anti-conversion law would do the rest.

These is a reason why hundreds of these dalits defect to Pakistan now they have formed their enclaves in the slums near port karachi. But indian memebers will continue to deny any allegations of caste discrimination in rising and shining india.

Nope 15 congressmen specifically wrote to your government to not pass the bill, and your government shyt its pants. Zero credibility.

No, the sentences in India were given out only due to pressure from the US.

As we all know, India is now suckling at America's bosom and is desperate to please the Americans in anyway.

US places India on a watch list and India shits her pants.

"India's democratic institutions charged with upholding the rule of law, most notably state and central judiciaries and police, have emerged as unwilling or unable to seek redress for victims of the violence,"

--

See how easy it is to make up crap like you do? Tell me something, do you find your own medicine bitter at all?

These is a reason why hundreds of these dalits defect to Pakistan now they have formed their enclaves in the slums near port karachi. But indian memebers will continue to deny any allegations of caste discrimination in rising and shining india.

Of course, while sitting in their ivory towers, munching roti and preaching to others on how to treat their minorities better :)

So they are going to Pakistan !! what for?? To die ??

is it, hundreds of dalits from india are settling down in karachi? i thought they wd have settled in bangladesh, bhutan, sri lanks or burma.

hm, hundreds of dalits might be settling down there but thousands of u r country men are leaving country and settlig down in gulf/UK. i hope u get the point.

Of course, while sitting in their ivory towers, munching roti and preaching to others on how to treat their minorities better :)

Remind me of the Song "ishq ke naam pe karte sabhi yaha raasleela hain, Mein karu to saala Character Dheela he?"

defect to Pakistan?? and you have open borders or you embrace them with open arms??Was this issue ever raised by the government of your country??What do we call this?? A lawless state or just state of lawlessness??

No, the sentences in India were given out only due to pressure from the US.

As we all know, India is now suckling at America's bosom and is desperate to please the Americans in anyway.

US places India on a watch list and India shits her pants.

"India's democratic institutions charged with upholding the rule of law, most notably state and central judiciaries and police, have emerged as unwilling or unable to seek redress for victims of the violence,"

--

See how easy it is to make up crap like you do? Tell me something, do you find your own medicine bitter at all?

Didn't you say Sri lanka supreme court turned down the bill? Well tell you what, find me another source, unless you want to be called a liar.

As for the rest of the comments, you might as well make that your signature, since the only reason you say that is to rile up people. Not me though!

COLOMBO, Sri Lanka (Compass Direct News) – The Sri Lankan Parliament may soon enact laws designed to restrict religious conversions.

A standing committee assigned to consider a draft “Bill for the Prohibition of Forcible Conversions” presented its report to Parliament on Jan. 6, suggesting minor amendments that clear the way for a final vote in February. The provisions of the bill criminalize any act to convert or attempt to convert a person from one religion to another religion by the use of force, fraud or allurement. Those found guilty of breaking the law could be imprisoned for up to seven years and/or fined up to 500,000 rupees (US$4,425).

The Ven. Omalpe Sobitha Thero, a member of the Buddhist Jathika Hela Urumaya party (JHU or National Heritage Party), first proposed the draft in 2004. While the JHU claims the bill is designed to stop unethical conversions, civil rights groups and Christian churches say it will infringe on the constitutional rights of freedom of religion and legitimize harassment of religious minorities.

Buddhists form a 70 percent majority in Sri Lanka, with Roman Catholics constituting 7 percent and Protestant Christians only 1 percent of the population.

After the first reading of the bill in Parliament in August 2004, 22 petitions were filed in the Supreme Court challenging the validity of the draft legislation.

The Supreme Court determined the draft bill to be valid except for clauses 3 and 4(b), which it deemed unconstitutional. These clauses required any person who converted or participated in a religious conversion ceremony to report to a government official and prescribed punishment for failure to report such conversions.

The draft was then referred to a parliamentary standing committee for further review. In its report, presented to the House on Jan. 6, the committee made a few amendments to the original draft in keeping with Supreme Court recommendations. The most notable amendment was the deletion of the need to report conversions and the punishment prescribed for not reporting them.

Fulfilling Campaign Promises

The JHU, founded and led by Buddhist clergymen, made anti-conversion legislation a cornerstone of its debut election campaign in 2004, when it won nine seats in Parliament. With the possibility of an early general election this year, the bill has become a matter of political survival for the JHU.

At a press briefing on Jan. 7, Ven. Ellawela Medhananda Thero, a Buddhist monk and Member of Parliament representing the JHU, called on all political parties to vote in favor of the bill.

“People expected us to fulfill two goals,” he said. “One was to end unethical conversions and the other was to liberate the country from the Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam. That is why we entered politics.”

Sri Lankan Parliament to Vote on Anti-Conversion Laws - Religion Today News Headlines

Back
Top Bottom