What's new

India, China coming closer on world stage: China Daily

All of a sudden Hindustanis believing in Chinese media...

oh again - the same flame bait by non indo-chinese.

whats wrong if indian taken a mutual comment on a serious note. in the end its chinese talking about india.

i do see a good relation in future between china and india. which will not be at cost of paksitan but - may be at par with each other.

just like united states.

I am all for a friendly atmosphere with China. But to progress beyond atmospherics, we will all have work on the underlying issues. As a major guardian of the Pakistan military, I am sure that China understands this.

Now thats the difference between Chinese and Bharatis and their media. Just when Bharati media has reported quoting RAW as saying that China is on spree to cut Indian wings , the Chinese media is airing good positive news

Now thats the difference between Chinese and Bharatis and their media. Just when Bharati media has reported quoting RAW as saying that China is on spree to cut Indian wings , the Chinese media is airing good positive news

Exactly. :tup:

They don't want to hear positive news. Especially when it concerns one of their neighbors.

LOL what a joke, China is already the second-largest economy on Earth.

It just makes Indian nationalists even more angry. :lol: Why would it improve anything?

As for India reaching the top five biggest economies, we'll talk about it when it happens.

My point was that China won't be able to ignore the prospect of friendship with India when India does achieve that position .This condescending attitude of "oh we dont care about that poor country India "will eventually change .

I hope you do remember the west made the same mistake of under-estimating china till just about 15 years back and If the "Chinese nationalists" like yourself are bright they would make sure they learn from the experience of the west and not make the same mistakes as they did with respect to any emerging country .

tusi saddey val aajo tey,saddey media da bhi kuj bhal hojey:lol:

My point was that China won't be able to ignore the prospect of friendship with India when India does achieve that position .This condescending attitude of "oh we dont care about that poor country India "will eventually change .

I hope you do remember the west made the same mistake of under-estimating china till just about 15 years back and If the "Chinese nationalists" like yourself are bright they would make sure they learn from the experience of the west and not make the same mistakes as they did with respect to any emerging country .

So why are Indians still so hostile to China, even though we are already the second largest economy?

Your logic has been broken.

Also, I'm not a "Chinese nationalist". :wave:

My point was that China won't be able to ignore the prospect of friendship with India when India does achieve that position.

You mean IF you ever get to that position. :azn:

It's still a long way away, and future predictions are notoriously unreliable. It might never happen.

And in fact, I think the West is OVERestimating China's future GDP. They are caught up in the media sensationalism.

Future predictions aren't worth anything, everyone has their own "predictions", and most will be wrong.

You mean IF you ever get to that position. :azn:

Oh!! we will get to that position...u need not worry about that...

and that is the reason i think ur media has suddenly started talking about us(surprisingly in a positive way)!!

Hope ur leaders learn something from this article and stop trying to instigate trouble btwn us...:cheers:

China is an existential threat to India. 1962 is still fresh on our minds. This is all about capabilities and not necessarily about intentions. I am not saying that China wants to threaten India's existence, simply that it has the capability to do so. India has certain basic insecurities where China is concerned. These insecurities stem from the vast asymmetry that exist between the capabilities of the two nations, both economic and military. Now, China is too far ahead for India to catch up with any time soon. However, as India improves its capabilities, a time will come when an equilibrium will be reached in the military sphere between the two countries when India will be confident that 1962 can never be repeated and only then will China stop being an existential threat to India. China of course will never really feel seriously threatened by India.

To all Indians who wish to leave 1962 behind and move on, it is this asymmetry which feeds our insecurities and hence these anti-China articles in the media. In a way, it is not such a bad thing. As fear imposes caution and that forces us to improve our capabilities and therefore moves us closer to the equilibrium.

Having said all that, I have to admit that the activities of the Chinese in India's vicinity does not inspire confidence. Be it Myanmar, Bangladesh, Gwadar or Nepal, active Chinese involvement in India's immediate neighborhood can not be considered friendly.

One one hand you tell us that you mean us no harm but at the same time you also cultivate and strengthen our enemies or try to influence those sitting on the fence. That is not very reassuring, is it?

It is these activities of China that has compelled us to look East and cultivate nations and regimes which are not favorably disposed towards China.

The direction that Indo-Chinese relations take in the future is dependent on China's actions and not on what China says. So far, there has not been much for us to assume that China means us no harm. Maybe China does not wish to invade India, but will India ever be happy to exist as a semi dominion submissive state under Chinese sphere of influence? Maybe it may suit some of our neighbors, but it will never suit India. Therefore this feeling of insecurity will remain till China learns to respect India's sensitivities just as China expects the US to respect Chinese sensitivities.

China is an existential threat to India. 1962 is still fresh on our minds. This is all about capabilities and not necessarily about intentions. I am not saying that China wants to threaten India's existence, simply that it has the capability to do so. India has certain basic insecurities where China is concerned. These insecurities stem from the vast asymmetry that exist between the capabilities of the two nations, both economic and military. Now, China is too far ahead for India to catch up with any time soon. However, as India improves its capabilities, a time will come when an equilibrium will be reached in the military sphere between the two countries when India will be confident that 1962 can never be repeated and only then will China stop being an existential threat to India. China of course will never really feel seriously threatened by India.

To all Indians who wish to leave 1962 behind and move on, it is this asymmetry which feeds our insecurities and hence these anti-China articles in the media. In a way, it is not such a bad thing. As fear imposes caution and that forces us to improve our capabilities and therefore moves us closer to the equilibrium.

Thank you for being one of the few with enough self-awareness and honesty to admit this.

Having said all that, I have to admit that the activities of the Chinese in India's vicinity does not inspire confidence. Be it Myanmar, Bangladesh, Gwadar or Nepal, active Chinese involvement in India's immediate neighborhood can not be considered friendly.

One one hand you tell us that you mean us no harm but at the same time you also cultivate and strengthen our enemies or try to influence those sitting on the fence. That is not very reassuring, is it?

It is these activities of China that has compelled us to look East and cultivate nations and regimes which are not favorably disposed towards China.

The direction that Indo-Chinese relations take in the future is dependent on China's actions and not on what China says. So far, there has not been much for us to assume that China means us no harm. Maybe China does not wish to invade India, but will India ever be happy to exist as a semi dominion submissive state under Chinese sphere of influence? Maybe it may suit some of our neighbors, but it will never suit India. Therefore this feeling of insecurity will remain till China learns to respect India's sensitivities just as China expects the US to respect Chinese sensitivities.

It is often easy to assume that we are the centre of the world but China is strengthening and reforming ties with countries all over the world after years of being diplomatically cut off, not just with countries around India. What you see as India's neighbourhood is China's neighbourhood too.

Of the countries you mentioned, all of them barring Bangladesh have borders with China and they all have common interests with China aside from India.

India absolutely should establish relationships with other SEA and East Asian nations but to formulate a counter around China to what you think you see around India, is frankly foolish. If the two countries were to play this destructive zero-sum game, India will not make out as well as China would, and no one would benefit other than those wishing to keep the developing world, stuck in a 'developing' status.

Besides those countries you envisage as part of a anti-China alliance are already under the US sphere of influence, India is a poor substitute for the US. It can only join this arrangement as another pawn and not the player. This means having your policy for this area dictated to you to further US interests.

Well,China mislead India on Tibet.

I have no hard feelings however.

So its 1951

37351066.jpg

Back
Top Bottom