What's new

India, China coming closer on world stage: China Daily

Yeah, this is what our media prints. Stories about cooperation.

The Indian media however, likes to write stories like this:

China could attack India before 2012 - NDTV.com

What is the point of cooperation, if we're going to have a war next year? :disagree:

Well i have to agree with you on this..some of our private media houses print some made-up stories just to sell there news like hot cakes...But you will never get the GOV. owned news channel(Doordarshan) Saying or printing any bullshyt like this...:)

Well i have to agree with you on this..some of our private media houses print some made-up stories just to sell there news like hot cakes...But you will never get the GOV. owned news channel(Doordarshan) Saying or printing any bullshyt like this...:)

Not a good excuse buddy.

China has private media houses too.

Where I live, in Hong Kong, ALL of the media is private and profit-driven. In fact, we have a constitutional guarantee to freedom of the media, in article 23 of the Hong Kong Basic Law.

Yet our newspapers never predict future Sino-Indian wars, because it is stupid, and no one wants to read that ridiculous BS here.

Not a good excuse buddy.

China has private media houses too.

Where I live, in Hong Kong, ALL the media is private and profit-driven. In fact, we have a constitutional guarantee to freedom of the media, in article 23 of the Hong Kong Basic Law.

Yet our newspapers never predict future Sino-Indian wars, because it is stupid, and no one wants to read that ridiculous BS here.

Which part of my post looks like a excuse?? I just told you the reality..! May be you have private media houses too and they don't print that kind of BS because of there high professional level.!! But you can't compare situation of private media house of Hong-kong with a private media house in India there is a lot more difference and since i live in India i told you the reality....There is no need for me to give excuse dragon...Whatever i said in my post is correct..! Our private media house some times make these BS due to lack of proffesionalism and to sell there NEWS like more....There is no third reason other then these...

Which part of my post looks like a excuse?? I just told you the reality..! May be you have private media houses too and they don't print that kind of BS because of there high professional level.!! But you can't compare situation of private media house of Hong-kong with a private media house in India there is a lot more difference and since i live in India i told you the reality....There is no need for me to give excuse dragon...Whatever i said in my post is correct..! Our private media house some times make these BS due to lack of proffesionalism and to sell there NEWS like more....There is no third reason other then these...

The private profit-driven Media, just prints what people want to read.

The Hong Kong people don't want to read BS about future Sino-Indian wars, which is why all of our private media channels don't print it.

The Hong Kong people don't want to read BS about future Sino-Indian wars, which is why all of our private media channels don't print it.

It is not like people in India wanted to read such BS. It is more like to print such news which is different and spicy so that people will buy it on hand!! And thus for there cheap profit they make-up these things.

It is not like people in India wanted to read such BS. It is more like to print such news which is different and spicy so that people will buy it on hand!! And thus for there cheap profit they make-up these things.

Hong Kong media are no saints either.

You should see how they even attacked the leader of the Chinese entire Nation, Jiang Zemin! Our own Paramount leader!

If the Hong Kong media thought that printing stories about a future Sino-Indian war would be "profitable" (i.e. people want to read it), they would have absolutely no problem in doing so. But no one wants to read it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone remember that Chinese article that said India should be broken into 30 countries to make it "easier to manage"? That was funny, lol.

Anyway, I'm glad that Sino-Indian cooperation is increasing. I find that India and China work much better on the world stage, when facing global issues like climate change, than in the regional stage.

Does anyone remember that Chinese article that said India should be broken into 30 countries to make it "easier to manage"? That was funny, lol.

Anyway, I'm glad that Sino-Indian cooperation is increasing. I find that India and China work much better on the world stage, when facing global issues like climate change, than in the regional stage.

Yeah, from a Blog site, that the Indian media jumped on as if it had some kind of official meaning. :lol:

As for your second paragraph, well it might come true, in spite of the Indian wishes to the contrary.

Though honestly I would prefer to continue partnering with the USA (economically) and with Russia (strategically). We once fought both of these superpowers head-on (Korean war against the USA plus 16 of her allies, and the Sino-Soviet split against the USSR) and they showed us that they are strong and capable nations.

Plus we are already economically intertwined with the USA and strategically intertwined with Russia (SCO).

Yeah, from a Blog site, that the Indian media jumped on as if it had some kind of official meaning. :lol:

Well you Chinese guys jump on Indian media as if it has some kind of official meaning :lol:

You should try looking at the situation from both sides of the spectrum. I am always surprised how many Chinese people don't understand what their own government does or has done in its foreign policy.

As for your second paragraph, well it might come true, in spite of the Indian wishes to the contrary.

There are no Indian wishes to the contrary.

Though honestly I would prefer to continue partnering with the USA (economically) and with Russia (strategically).

This is basically what India is doing, although we are trying to cooperate strategically with USA as well. Mainly in the Indian Ocean.

Incorrect .

Private profit-driven media houses prints whatever will grab the attention of the people and the prospect of a war with china is worrying for most Indians .They do it to earn money .

stop blaming everything on Indian people , you are probably one of the most hateful members when it comes to talking about India-china relations. Sorry to break it to you , but it takes two hands to clap .

Well you Chinese guys jump on Indian media as if it has some kind of official meaning :lol:

You should try looking at the situation from both sides of the spectrum. I am always surprised how many Chinese people don't understand what their own government does or has done in its foreign policy.

This is basically what India is doing, although we are trying to cooperate strategically with USA as well. Mainly in the Indian Ocean.

Comparing a habit of the national media which reaches millions of people every day, with a blog site, is hardly worth even mentioning, and don't forget that it was the Indian media that pushed it into the headlines in their own country.

Chinese people hardly even hear about India. When I first came here I didn't even know about the Sino-Indian war, and I framed my opinion around our recent cooperation within BRIC. I now think I was wrong though.

I agree with your last paragraph. The USA and Russia are the two big chess pieces that symbolize the old world of power, that are hedging their bets with both China and India. Waiting perhaps, for one to knock out the other one, and to save them a lot of future problems.

I don't want to see that... but neither do I think China and India will be friendly in the future.

Incorrect .

Private profit-driven media houses prints whatever will grab the attention of the people and the prospect of a war with china is worrying for most Indians .They do it to earn money .

stop blaming everything on Indian people , you are probably one of the most hateful members when it comes to talking about India-china relations. Sorry to break it to you , but it takes two hands to clap .

I don't blame anything on Indian people. But the truth is that Indian nationalism has chosen China/Pakistan as their "boogeyman".

You're right, it takes two hands to clap, which is why I personally believe that China and India will likely never be friends. The most that can be hoped for is unfriendly cooperation.

I don't blame anything on Indian people. But the truth is that Indian nationalism has chosen China/Pakistan as their "boogeyman".

You're right, it takes two hands to clap, which is why I personally believe that China and India will likely never be friends. The most that can be hoped for is unfriendly cooperation.

Dude , you can think whatever you want , but as you know that in international affairs , there are no permanent friends and no permanent enemies. We were friends for many years before 1962 , i don't see any reason why it will not happen again .

And now that you have accepted that it takes two hands to clap , i will take it as an admission that China has been no angel with respec.t to ties with India.

The condescending attitude many chinese have towards India and Indians is quite visible on this forum but you wont be able to change the inevitable and that is that India will be the third largest economy in the world in just another 15-20 years and that is when i would like to see wether your goverments' views matches yours.

Comparing a habit of the national media which reaches millions of people every day, with a blog site, is hardly worth even mentioning, and don't forget that it was the Indian media that pushed it into the headlines in their own country.

Chinese people hardly even hear about India. When I first came here I didn't even know about the Sino-Indian war, and I framed my opinion around our recent cooperation within BRIC. I now think I was wrong though.

Although I think most of the Indian media is shit, they do a good job of playing at sensationalism. No one even talked about China or the Sino-Indian War until about 3-4 years ago. I guess that's when Indian nationalism shot up because of the terrorist attacks, and India's indigenous defence projects started to show big results.

You also cannot deny that China has repeatedly provoked India in the past, starting in the 1950s with the construction of National Highway 219 in what was then Indian territory.

You should really stop blaming Indians foe everything, and start learning more about your own country's policies. Indians, including myself, have long accepted that we have many idiots in both our media and government. It is time for Chinese people to accept the same.

I agree with your last paragraph. The USA and Russia are the two big chess pieces that symbolize the old world of power, that are hedging their bets with both China and India. Waiting perhaps, for one to knock out the other one, and to save them a lot of future problems.

A future Sino-Indian War is in the interest of the Old Order. It is not in India's interest, and it is not in China's interest either.

I don't want to see that... but neither do I think China and India will be friendly in the future.

Maybe they will, maybe they won't. But it won't be you who decides that.

It depends on Hu is coming. And Wen.

:P

Back
Top Bottom