What's new

In Future we should get Gripen NG for our AF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Precisely. So that pretty much rules out the FA50 and leaves us with the Chinese as the best option for the medium term. In the long term, I expect the Koreans to develop their own engines, at which time it may become a viable option. Note also that Philippines and Indonesia invested with Korean aerospace and if I remember correctly, bought either FA/TA-50 planes already.

ya they did indonesia has the largest of them, EVen if you get these western planes it will not come with a potent weapon package like with jf-t and j-10b and these weapons can also be used on any western system for future use and russian system for future use

Gripen NG will be a medium AC with more payload and high tech radar capabilities.

More payload compared to what? Compared to J-10B, Su-35BM, J-11B, or J-31?

What "high-tech" Swedish radar is installed on the Gripen NG?

SAAB give Gripen users weapon control software source code to make missiles or other ordinance compatible.

Who is going to 'make' the missiles and ordnance? Sweden does not make many of them.

What problem with USA engine?

USA.

I never said China is incapable of manufacturing effective turbofan engines in the future. They are still working on it right now.

I agree with you. They have developed some engines, installed many Taihang engines on their J-11B series fighters, and working on more powerful engines for other aircrafts.

And I have said earlier that given the engine is an American design, it will inevitably have political strings attached to it. These are often complex and add additional costs to acquiring the aircraft and other critical components.

And there is the AMRAAM BVR missile. Something the Americans do not easily sell to anyone. Though, Gripen would be able to fire the Meteor in the near future. But again, it'd be a question of money.

*sigh*

See, some people in this country equate such complex procurement to buying rice from the local bazaar. And there's the reason for why everything in this country is out of control ranging from our ridiculous loan from Russia to other issues.

Agreed with you on all counts. My response was intended to the OP, though any Bangladeshi can respond if they wish, using facts and logic, of course.

As for Meteor, it's not even completed development, and it's not even Swedish but an MBDA-product (joint Euro development), which means lots of possible strings they can pull in times of crisis, which effectively makes it useless on at least two counts (one: it's not even operational, no idea on when it would mature; two: lots of strings can be pulled by non-SAAB units even though SAAB would probably be doing the sales pitch, in this hypothetical case).

All things considered, we should lean more on the Dragon's shoulder for the foreseeable future (next two decades) while lunging towards the Bear from time to time, and constraining the Bear by upgrading our ground based SAM, aerial AAM, and other systems in Ukraine and the likes. Besides that, we should encourage ToT, joint development and production, and closer cooperation with the likes of Indonesia and Turkey openly, and Iran for SSM designs and technologies (no complete systems needed, and without transfer of complete systems, it would be harder for foreign intel to track these procurements if we play our cards right).

:lol:fan boy wet dreams......our army is a mercenary force and gets punked by BDR...The only fighters we will acquire are more mig 21s in the name of f-7
For what we get mig-21s? they are so old. yes we should getting mig-35 or sukhois

closer cooperation with the likes of Indonesia and Turkey openly, and Iran for SSM designs and technologies (no complete systems needed, and without transfer of complete systems, it would be harder for foreign intel to track these procurements if we play our cards right).

Opinion is BAF should approached Turkey for TAI Hürkuş for BAF Training, it would be a good head start in cooperation and relations.

Bangladeshi fellas; You people can consider Gripen as Popsicle at the end of day Gripen C/D has a flyaway cost of $60M without life time support costs associated which take it to $150M plus.

Get 2.5B to buy a squadron [16 BAF] even with 4B sweden would not sell it to BAF, there are too many US Technologies inside it.

Like it or not you're gonna hang out with russians and Chinese and you can see what russians did to iran took the money kept it made profit over it and then at sanctions returned it without weapons delivery that was signed before resolution of sanctions were passed. If russians can refuse to sell anything to Pakistan under indian pressure bangladesh is nothing. Who knows russians provide source codes to indians for your future russian fighters you would be sitting ducks.

If we buy Gripen NG it will cost us under 80 MIL USD. And you might know Gripen NG achieves the lowest operating cost of any modern fighter, Thought about future too. Gripen NG will have more better EW suites then Russian - Chines ACs and we can make it compatible with Russian - Chines A2A-A2G weapon or Ordinance as, SAAB will give us weapon control software source codes.

* We are not want any US missile we just want engine from US.

* In 3rd point I Logically agree with you.

The other issue is that the capabilities of the aircraft would be known to the Indians. Yes, BD may also have the advantage of being familiar with some Indian aircraft like SU-30 but it would be clueless against others like Rafale.

BD should not purchase all it's 4th gen fighters solely from Russia.

A force of 24 SU-3027/30s when combined with 24-36 J-10Bs would make an ideal addition to the BAF this decade

I whould like to see 48 Gripen NG and 32 J-17 in future Bangladesh AF. hope so....

For the price of 2 sqaudrons of Gripen NG(which is more expensivethen the Regular Grippen C/D which cost $60mil each) you can Have 2 sqaudrons of Each of those Fighters i posted above JF-t cost 12 to 15 mil each, j-10b cost 15-20 mil each and i dont know about the South KoreAN ONE

Yes, we might have. But Gripen NG is the lowest maintain and operating cost mordern AC with more advanced Avionics.

More payload compared to what? Compared to J-10B, Su-35BM, J-11B, or J-31?

What "high-tech" Swedish radar is installed on the Gripen NG?

Who is going to 'make' the missiles and ordnance? Sweden does not make many of them.

USA.

* At first read carefully :fie:

I only know Gripen NG will be SELEX Galileo Raven ES-05 AESA radar installed.

* Again read carefully :fie: we can make Gripen NG to fire our current missiles.

Then why our people always want to go USA?

gripen-ng.jpg

** Future Gripen NG

In future India will protect our air space the way it is going. Or we will persue Hal Tejas.

Point one: HAL Tejas will not be sold to any country till we successfully develop our own Engine.
Point two: HAL Tejas will not be sold to any neighboring country even if we successfully develop our own engine.
Point three: If ever Tejas is exported then it will be to African countries.

Gripen NG is not good choice for BAF, and simple reason are
1. It gives no substantial advantage to BAF which other weapons offered to Bangladesh can not match.
2. Gripen NG is purely in conceptual stage.
3. Engine used is not Swedish (Current Engine is US made).
4. All the weapons used are not Swedish (Currently used Weapons are from Sweden, UK, France, America and Germany).
5. All the sensors including avionics and other important electronic equipment is not Swedish(Radar-Jointly developed with help from UK).
6. Gripen NG will not be available to you before 2018.
7. Cost of Gripen NG along with Weapons will be close to $ 100 million (excluding training and other infrastructure equipments).
8. Its not yet offered to Bangladesh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom