What's new

I'm going to settle in Australia - Any Suggestions?

The guy you are asking probably hasn't even been to Australia, yet your taking what he is saying as fact. Actually ask us Australians instead of taking what trolls say as fact.

Night life in Australia is very safe. I catch trains and walk around on my own at night. That doesn't mean there isn't crime.

Australia has one of the lowest crime rates in the world.

Brother we all Australia if not the safest in the world, is still more than enough safe than India or Pakistan. But ya, If I am in Australia, I would myself avoid being at night on street.

And about 99%, I think most of them are being more sarcasm than troll.

Good job xdrive nice to see an Aussie straighten it out and share the truth about Australia. As you know these same trolls are also experts at propagating and lying about Pakistan or any other country they don't like.

Personally I still have a favorable view of Australia, seems like a wonderful country with great architecture, cities, environment, and cool society.

Btw, I find New Zealand more beautiful than Australia.

You should try New Zealand too!

Btw, I find New Zealand more beautiful than Australia.

You should try New Zealand too!

That is true but there is less economic opportunities. Even Dhoni mentioned that he will New Zealand as heaven.

The guy you are asking probably hasn't even been to Australia, yet your taking what he is saying as fact. Actually ask us Australians instead of taking what trolls say as fact.

Night life in Australia is very safe. I catch trains and walk around on my own at night. That doesn't mean there isn't crime.

Australia has one of the lowest crime rates in the world.

Agreed with that - i am not sure where all the posters are getting their info - about not being safe at night!!!
i catch late trains and walk home by myself at time but never had any issue ...
I think its the Indian media which stereotyped attacks on student as racist :disagree:

It depends on the city where you live and the neighborhoods in particular.... even in the US, in some of the most prosperous neighborhoods are unsafe. Living in any foreign land, you have to be aware of the local situations. Follow the local advice and you can live safely even in Congo or Nigeria.

I was shocked to learn about the security situation in Los Angeles when I landed in the US several years back, something I never had to think about while I was staying in my hometown in India, but once you become aware of the do's and dont's just abide by them.

Enjoy your stay in Australia my friend... it is a wonderful land.

even cops gets beating at nite................all the thugs and druggies roam the streets ................looking for easy money.
and Indian media calls it racist attack.........eeehhhh.

errrrr NO
i don't recall anything even remotely close to what you are saying - cops get beaten? thugs roam the streets :hitwall:
you srsly need to get your facts right

I guess attacks are arranged by non-Aussies who have migrated to Australia. Probably somalians and leb.

I guess attacks are arranged by non-Aussies who have migrated to Australia. Probably somalians and leb.

No.

There was no "Arranged" "racist" attacks.

Some Indians got robbed and bashed, so the Indian Media decide to create a story out of it saying they were racial attacks when infact they were just random crime.

Indians have crime committed against them in Australia, Chinese have crime committed against them in Australia, Americans have crime committed against them in Australia, British have crime committed against them in Australia.

It doesn't matter where you come from or your race. Crime happens, and it can happen to anyone.

Echelon,

Thanks a lot for your advice.

Regarding point no. 3): Cost - are you referring to $250-$300 as weekly expense?

Initially i'm moving alone but im getting family visa and little family (wife and 2 years old son) would join me 2-3 months later. So i'm looking for an accommodation where I could settle with family. Please advise with that aspect in view.

To Aussie members you guys should start an Australia picture thread, we have threads for Pakistan, China, Israel, and some other countries; it would be nice to have an Australia thread to. I've seen some pictures and photos of Auss cities they look chic and modern.

@Conqueror

Why are you choosing Australia in particular? You like kangaroo kebabs?

Hay guys..

I am going to settle in Australia in around 4-5 months time from now. I've got family migration but I might be moving alone first to settle accommodation etc. I don't know anybody there.. don't know how's it going to look like, don't know how people are there and what are economic activities. So i'm bit of blind of where I am heading towards.

I am looking for some advice from People who have been there or are living in Australia. So guide me how much cash should I bring, what kind of job can I get easily and what is the best place to land in Australia and settle down. So far I have Sydney in mind.

I want to do import business by staying there.. what are the procedures of starting that. & Can I run online stores. I'm not rich but have got some hard-earned money which I want to spend wisely. If I want to do some local business there.. what should be that?

And finally.. are Australians really offensive to Indians? I'm not Indian but I might be taken as being one and if I tell them i'm from Pakistan would that count? :D

What is your/spouse occupation/education background?

Hay guys..

I am going to settle in Australia in around 4-5 months time from now. I've got family migration but I might be moving alone first to settle accommodation etc. I don't know anybody there.. don't know how's it going to look like, don't know how people are there and what are economic activities. So i'm bit of blind of where I am heading towards.

I am looking for some advice from People who have been there or are living in Australia. So guide me how much cash should I bring, what kind of job can I get easily and what is the best place to land in Australia and settle down. So far I have Sydney in mind.

I want to do import business by staying there.. what are the procedures of starting that. & Can I run online stores. I'm not rich but have got some hard-earned money which I want to spend wisely. If I want to do some local business there.. what should be that?

And finally.. are Australians really offensive to Indians? I'm not Indian but I might be taken as being one and if I tell them i'm from Pakistan would that count? :D

Being a Pakistani ...why u don want to settle in Pakistan...??

Echelon,

Thanks a lot for your advice.

Regarding point no. 3): Cost - are you referring to $250-$300 as weekly expense?

Initially i'm moving alone but im getting family visa and little family (wife and 2 years old son) would join me 2-3 months later. So i'm looking for an accommodation where I could settle with family. Please advise with that aspect in view.

From your post i gather you r moving to Sydney! There is a big Pakistani community in Sydney and plenty of areas you can settle with family. You can find a 2 bed room apartment for around $250 / week within 40k of CBD, Sydney is a big city and closer to CBD it gets quite expensive especially north of CBD. Following are the suburbs you may consider...

1) Auburn (halal food , lots of Pakistani grocery shops, 21k from cbd, Big Mosque) - Turk, lebenease and Pakistani community.

2) Parramatta - Big Indian and Pakistani community here

3) Liverpool - bit far from CBD but rents are cheaper. lot of Pakistani families

4) Rooty Hill - bit far from CBD, cheaper rent and a big Pakistani community

The above suburbs are typical where i have seen new families settle down initially;just because rents are lower, plenty of fellow countrymen, halal shops, mosques and most importantly near train line.

Also try to get a car soon, as it will help you with job as well!

Rent will be the biggest expense; food and transportation are relatively cheaper.

Yes $250-$300 is your weekly expense - once you land a job all will be good - there is plenty of work and you can easily cover your expenses and make good savings.

Please go through this PDF supplied by department of immigration as well. Its a nice little guide for new comers in Australia.

http://www.immi.gov.au/living-in-australia/settle-in-australia/beginning-life/_pdf/eng.pdf

you may find these links useful

http://www.pakistanassociation.com.au/
http://www.sydneyaustralia.com/en/

Back
Top Bottom