What's new

IAF sees China, Pakistan as challenges, not threats

i want to know,what is "infraction message"???
what about it's ban duration...???

Yes we love F-16...And yes as of now JF-17 is nt on par with F-16 Blk 52+ tht PAF uses.

But reguarding Jf-17 vs mig 29 or mirage...... think again my frnd and browse this thread to correct urself.
http://www.google.com/url?q=http://...UQFjAA&usg=AFQjCNHHwYS3obBwrowG5dm9D7-5NUsuWg
No wonder Russians themselves r scared of JF-17 (against mig-29) and r tryin to spread misinformation abt JF-17....... Right now it competes with ur mig-29,mirage 2000-5,F-16(older blk),basic version of Gripen(not NG).

JFT is "Extremely close" to MIG-29: Mikhail Pogosyan
Same goes for mirage.
While J-10A is on par with F-16 as the chinese put it................ While PAF is getting FC-20 n even working on it will incorporate an AESA,design changes,avionics etc.

read this posted by iran baloch

Warning: I have had enough of these vague comparisons and claims. please dont read any further if you are JF-17 fanatic. Just having a Mastan Khan moment

And I have to let it out now. So sorry the post#1432 says that Russians are soiling their pants because FC-1 is “extremely close to MiG 29. and then post # 1434 quotes it is 80-85% as good as latest versions of F-16. which ones? The ones offered to India or the ones that Israel operates or the UAE has? Does it include block 52 operated by Pakistan or not?

I wish I could share the enthusiasm of some posters here. So JF-17 is an excellent jet because it has RD-93 ( a Russian engine) where as MiG 29 ( a Russian aircraft) that has 2 engines with each as much thrust as a single RD-93 yet MiG 29 is declared a scrap yard and junk? I don’t get it.

These vague comparisons of 80% as good as “latest” F-16 or 86% as good as block 52 are also very irritating. F-16s of the same blocks sold to UAE and Israel are never the same. The ones sold to Turkey and Pakistan are not the same. I don’t know how we come up with these numbers of %age as good as so and so

All I know is in Air warfare there is no concept of a runner up.. there is no second place. So “extremely close” and 85% as good as F-16s don’t mean much when they will be facing SU30 or Typhoon.

I am sorry I sound negative but I will believe it when I actually see news of this craft in a training/ exercise with a MiG 29. I am sure PAF can find some friendly countries that operate that machine.

The biggest question mark over this program is the engine. If there is any truth in Russian concern over JF-17s threat to MiG29 sales then they will put a stop on the sale of their engines.

Except the ferry range, MiG 29 has more speed, has better thrust to weight, higher service ceiling and twice the thrust still our thunder is better? I am not even mentioning armament and avionics at the moment

We need to be careful about boasting about our plane that is actually manufactured by China we are only assembling it that mostly has Chinese parts with a Russian engine and very limited number of Western avionics because our neighbour successfully cuts out our deals or sabotages any sale prospects.

I will rest my case if it is proven that it is better than the legacy F-16s and the MLU ones as well. I wish that WS-13 matures soon so that the threat of Russian ban on RD-93 can be eliminated once and for all. I promise everyone that I will join all posters that will immediately declare the current JF-17 Russian engine as a junk and trash can.

Being upbeat is very good thing but jumping too high can put stain on the knees and give adversary a chance to laugh if claims fall flat. I hope that its future sale to other countries is not taken as a rule for it being better than MiG 29 because we cant compete Russian resources and package. MiG 29 is a well established and wide spread product. I will be happy that we can replace our planes and then if the situation allows, only sell it to very close countries who wont send it to India or Russia for a post-mortem.

Good day

---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

i want to know,what is "infraction message"???
what about it's ban duration...???

they are warning like for trolling they get expired after a specific period of time

The JF 17 is not even close to India's upgraded mirages or Mig 29s. You guys can delude yoursleves all you want.

1 on 1, indeed the Indian customized MIG29 would be superior to the JF17 but will they be going 1 on 1 ;). Add in all the multipliers PAF would employ and see the cohesive strategy on how PAF intends to employ the JF17's, chances of an easy victory for the IAF against PAF goes way down, this is why the IAF is yet to cross the border and put their words into action. Although i must admit, the upgraded Indian MIG29's and Mirage 2000's are very impressive on paper. But if you look at the JF17 and its components, its not that far behind these airplanes as they all are 4th Generation Aircrafts.

The title of the thread does not make sense. "IAF sees China, Pakistan as challenges, not threats", The word challenge is for things that you have to face lik the PLAF or PAF and threat is also that you face.

we don't see IAF as a challenge. all its jets need to be imported, it is more like a propaganda team of the Singh regime.

The title of the thread does not make sense. "IAF sees China, Pakistan as challenges, not threats", The word challenge is for things that you have to face lik the PLAF or PAF and threat is also that you face.

The word "threat" implies great danger. The word "challenge" implies some difficulty in accomplishing an objective, but the eventual accomplishment of the objective provided that the necessary effort is exerted.

Basically, the IAF is saying that neither the PAF nor the PLAAF are of great danger to India's security, and that both forces can be dealt with provided that the IAF's tactics and strategy are correctly implemented.

It seems that the good air chief has learnt the importance of semantics. He had previously called China a "threat", and this statement caused a substantial media frenzy. Then again, almost everything in India causes a media frenzy.

go through jf17 information pool thread-- you will see that jf17 isnt as far behind in any of the parameters you bring forth-- ranging from thrust to wt ratio [>1] accompanied e aerodynamic structure , to decreased rcs , datalinking and increased radar dome size [yes its greater than both m2k and mig29]

Hey kid, CALM YOUR A$$ DOWN ! This forum is a good training center for Indians like you ..O.K !
You Genius don't even know that Kargil wasn't a PAF vs IAF clash..Now please..these things have been discussed to death before.Come out of your "Fanboy Dream" and taste the REAL world ! I have NO hesitation in accepting that IAF is stronger than PAF right now. . And then here my Indian friends get upset when we Pakistanis say that Indians are suffering from Inferiority complex.....You are yet again proving that Indians (Like yourself) ARE infact suffering from some kind of inferiority complex.Why bringing surgical strike issue here? Did your "hyper" IAF dared to do a surgical strike? LOL Now please end your trolls....PAF was doing CAP missions which was quite normal thing under the given circumstances.

And yes , PAF is using Chinese Junk..I think PAF should go for Super Indian Fighter..LCA :smitten::cheers:

The way the LCA is shaping, that isn't really as funny as you think it is. It's turning out to be surprisingly capable, and may have considerable overlap with aircraft like the Gripen.:)

1 on 1, indeed the Indian customized MIG29 would be superior to the JF17 but will they be going 1 on 1 ;). Add in all the multipliers PAF would employ and see the cohesive strategy on how PAF intends to employ the JF17's, chances of an easy victory for the IAF against PAF goes way down, this is why the IAF is yet to cross the border and put their words into action. Although i must admit, the upgraded Indian MIG29's and Mirage 2000's are very impressive on paper. But if you look at the JF17 and its components, its not that far behind these airplanes as they all are 4th Generation Aircrafts.

I never said the JF17 is a bad fighter. If you've seen my past posts, I've always agreed it's a good fighter with a phenomenal price tag. But your comparison is not fair. Agreed the PAF will use force multipliers.. But the IAF is not sitting silent either. The JF17 has not stopped us from crossing the border. Neither have your Air defences. (Which if I can add is an are the PAF has A LOT of work to do). Why can't you just believe that India does not want war. We'll rather solve our issues diplomatically. And if you've followed the newer mki squadron additions, you'll see they are at the China border and not Pakistan.

read this posted by iran baloch

---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:58 AM ----------

they are warning like for trolling they get expired after a specific period of time

what irfan baloch was doing is ''constructive criticism'' , however most of the points were cleared up in the successive discussion

You have to be better than others in order to be chanllenged.

However, the current PLAAF is much superior than the InAF!!

Get real!!!!

Nothing more to say...but chinese toys maintain a very bad reputation in Indian market.:yahoo:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom