What's new

IAF might get upto 300 FGFA

If we are preparing for a single front war then 300 PAK FA/FGFA will be more than enough.How ever for a possible 2 front war the 300 no will fall short of requirement a lil bit,atleast 400 are needed.For a 16 year induction time peryear have to build 25 planes which should be possible to manufacture. What do you guys think????

we will never just prepare for a single front war . Even if actual hostilities dont simultaneously start on both fronts we still have to keep parity with forces on our eastern front and majority of our high end tech planes FGFA's will be on the eastern front.

Dont believe we need 300 FGFA's on the western theatre .100 MKI's upgraded with AESA , fitted with novators , other advancements projected in the mark 3 version should be enough for a decade at least , less number of FGFA's will be required to give them support.

we will never just prepare for a single front war . Even if actual hostilities dont simultaneously start on both fronts we still have to keep parity with forces on our eastern front and majority of our high end tech planes FGFA's will be on the eastern front.

Dont believe we need 300 FGFA's on the western theatre .100 MKI's upgraded with AESA , fitted with novators , other advancements projected in the mark 3 version should be enough for a decade at least , less number of FGFA's will be required to give them support.

Your thinking does make a sence.Use of upgraded MKIs and effective ecm can haras PAF to a good extent.But remember I war talking about future.At that time PAF will become a formidable opponent for sure.So my thinking was if we go for 400 FGFAs then 140 can be deployed on the western border and rest on the eastern in times of hostility.

not another kid. with out knowledge u r trying to prove ur self. and the mentioned FIGHTER jets is going to be inducted. india already have mig 29 ,mirage 2000-5 , few tejas and su-30mki ok.

well calling somebody else a kid one should take a look at it self instead.Its not me its you and your country men trying to prove something.You are not decided on MMRCA.Your mirage 2000 need an upgrade and talks are going on for it.Even the Mig 21 flying coffin need to dumped so badly, so some of the experience pilots are left for other jets.Wake up kid we are in 2011.Talk about 2011-12.Give me the official list by your GOVT or Air Force which stats this has been purchased and its on its way.God knows what will happen will 2020 and 2035.:wave:

N011M has a search range of 350 km and a tracking range of 200 km
How do you expect to shoot an AWACS down at 400kms?!?!

PAF AWACS have a range of 450-500km search and track, so again you failed mate.

the RCS of F-16 is a fact!!!
Why would USA want F-35??? dumb question and lame argument!
The F-35 has a RCS under 0.05m2 and is a fifth gen stealth aircraft.... that's why!!!

give the correct info donot bs here is a fact from ur pakistani website
The israeli phalcon compared to swedish saab 2000 and the chinese kj200.

israeli phalcon:

Detection range - 450km

instrumental range - 500km plus

speed of aircraft- 900km/h

price -

swedish saab 2000:

detection range - 350km

instrumental range - 450km

speed of aircraft- 665km/h

price -

chinese kj200:

detection range - 300km

instrumental range - 350km

speed of aircraft-

price -

also what is kj2000, is that some upgrade of chinese kj200 and why isnt Pakistan getting that instead of kj200.
http://forum./lofiversion/index.php/t82893-50.html
ASIAN DEFENCE: IAF to get first Phalcon AWACS on May 20

read post number 1113

http://www.defence.pk/forums/military-aviation/1284-pakistan-awacs-aew-cs-aircrafts-75.html

some enlightenment on AWACS from neutral source to show where every one stands

Indian AWACS Moving Forward on 2 Fronts

well calling somebody else a kid one should take a look at it self instead.Its not me its you and your country men trying to prove something.You are not decided on MMRCA.Your mirage 2000 need an upgrade and talks are going on for it.Even the Mig 21 flying coffin need to dumped so badly, so some of the experience pilots are left for other jets.Wake up kid we are in 2011.Talk about 2011-12.Give me the official list by your GOVT or Air Force which stats this has been purchased and its on its way.God knows what will happen will 2020 and 2035.:wave:

Grandpa there will be no immediate war. 1st do some research and u hav flying coffins too F-7.M-MRCA is to replace mig-21.

LIST of IAF aircraft's

MIG-21 bison (upgraded) -120
mig-21 -80(to be phased out in 2012/2013)
su-30mki -151 as of April 2011 and another 40 upgraded su-30mki going to be inducted 2012.
Dassault mirage-2000H -51 all are to be upgraded to mirage 2000-5 MK2
tejas -8 another 48 on order.
mig-29smt -10
mig-29s -59 both are going to be upgraded in SMT standard.

PAF combat air crafts
JF-17 -30
F-16A/B Block 15 -41(1983)
F-16AM/BM Block 15 MLU -4
F-16C/D Block 52+ -18
Mirage IIIEP / IIIDP
Mirage IIIO / IIIOD around 121(1968)
Mirage IIIO ROSE I
Mirage IIIEE / IIIDE
Mirage IIIEL
Mirage IIIRP
mirage-5 versions -total 60(1973)
5PA-2
5PA
5DPA-2
5PA-3
Mirage 5F ROSE II
Mirage 5F ROSE III

F-7P -120(1988)
FT-7P -15(1988)
F-7PG -48(1988)
FT-7PG -9

8222 jammer is good, but does not insure invisibility :rofl:
why not just buy cheaper MKI and not FGFA? why waste money? after all it can go invisible to radar... :lol:

TVC and high maneuverability can avoid detection.... :blink:
you gotta be kidding me?
Mki can be off radar for few seconds because of its advanced electronic measures while PAKFA will be off radar for almost of time.

Air launched Brahmos will most probably not be used against another plane . Its powerful enough to take out a frigate , I think its more suited for a maritime offense role . As an Air to surface weapon or an anti ship weapon.
Brahmos is some what less costlier than MICA air to air missiles . Brahmos multi target version can prove dangerous for enemies. If it misses the air target, it will go for predetermined land target or it can be made to carry multi air missiles that doubles the range. We know it is highly maneuverable at supersonic speeds but we need to comprimise on payload. How ever the bolded part doesnt seem to be bad.

Brahmos is some what less costlier than MICA air to air missiles . Brahmos multi target version can prove dangerous for enemies. If it misses the air target, it will go for predetermined land target or it can be made to carry multi air missiles that doubles the range. We know it is highly maneuverable at supersonic speeds but we need to comprimise on payload. How ever the bolded part doesnt seem to be bad.

Pure genius.:woot:

Air launched Brahmos will most probably not be used against another plane . Its powerful enough to take out a frigate , I think its more suited for a maritime offense role . As an Air to surface weapon or an anti ship weapon.
Original Post By Urbanized Greyhound

Brahmos is cruise missile, not Air-to-Air missile... Its made to hit Land based or Sea based target...

Brahmos is cruise missile, not Air-to-Air missile... Its made to hit Land based or Sea based target...
that was my mistake bro. i thought brahmos air launched version is air to air missile.
There were proposals to develop air to air version of Brahmos, but it would have the weight as disadvantage and Novator would be far better than that.
To develop an air version, only guidance should be developed, that doesnt increase the cost of missile. The air launched version of brahmos would be ready soon.
159821960.jpg

Cruise missile doesnt mean that it is sea skimming. It can reach an altitude of 15 km with out much pain. So air to air version can be developed but as i said, problem is range.
brahmos1.jpg

Storm Force,you underestimate the Chinese creativity and efficiency,As long as Pakistan need,We can provide a single-engine 5th aircraft within 2-3 years.

Back
Top Bottom