What's new

IAF might get upto 300 FGFA

if su-30mki is inferior to f16 block 52. india wont induct such a large amount.

BARS cannot search and track at 400km, what do you think it doesn't need a radar lock to operate?
F-16 block 30 has an RCS of 1.2m2
the F-16 block 52 has a smaller RCS of 1m2 and when the radar is switched off, it lowers the RCS to under 1m2.

The AWACS can see the MKI before the MKI can see the F-16 or the AWACS. thus it will be engaged earlier.
get your facts right!

says who?? BARS can detect a Su27 clean configuration at 330km forget about the huge bulky AWACS and If RCS of F-16 were to be 1m2 American won't be wasting $$$$ on F-35.

says who?? BARS can detect a Su27 clean configuration at 330km forget about the huge bulky AWACS and If RCS of F-16 were to be 1m2 American won't be wasting $$$$ on F-35.

??? :blink:

N011M has a search range of 350 km and a tracking range of 200 km
How do you expect to shoot an AWACS down at 400kms?!?!

PAF AWACS have a range of 450-500km search and track, so again you failed mate.

the RCS of F-16 is a fact!!!
Why would USA want F-35??? dumb question and lame argument!
The F-35 has a RCS under 0.05m2 and is a fifth gen stealth aircraft.... that's why!!!

F-16 vs MKI engagement will probably will be within Pakistani airspace, so PAF AWACS will have effect.
MKI can act as a mini AWACS BUT!!! it cannot detect an F-16 with it's radar switched off that is being fed info from a much larger AWACS system.

What is the source of this claim??

BARS cannot search and track at 400km, what do you think it doesn't need a radar lock to operate?
F-16 block 30 has an RCS of 1.2m2
the F-16 block 52 has a smaller RCS of 1m2 and when the radar is switched off, it lowers the RCS to under 1m2.

The AWACS can see the MKI before the MKI can see the F-16 or the AWACS. thus it will be engaged earlier.
get your facts right!

PAF AWACS will see the SU 30 group before Su 30 group sees F 16.. Agreed
BUT
Su 30 Group will see the F 16 (even with radar switched off) much before it comes within the range of F16's missiles..

and hence advantage lost.

Check the detection ranges for different RCS of N110M.
and the ones for Pakistan's SAAB AWACS systems.

The AWACS system can stay out of range of the MKI's radar, while still being able to detect the MKI.
N110M has a max search range of 350km and a track range of 200km whereas the Pakistani AWACS systems have 450-500km search and track range.
it is a fact, why do you require a source?

8222 jammer is good, but does not insure invisibility :rofl:
why not just buy cheaper MKI and not FGFA? why waste money? after all it can go invisible to radar... :lol:

TVC and high maneuverability can avoid detection.... :blink:
you gotta be kidding me?

After going through your replies, I am sorry to say that you don't have sufficiently/any knowledge about Radars and detection/tracking.
I don't have all the time to spoon feed you so take a kind advice and get some basic knowledge on Radars, microwave detection+tracking and a little about how they work on airborne platforms like fighter planes and AWACS..................don't feel bad but if F-16+AWACS were that good then they wouldn't have made F-22s you see.

Thanks
DARKY

BUT
Su 30 Group will see the F 16 (even with radar switched off) much before it comes within the range of F16's missiles..

and we should not forget about brahmos. once we get AESA radar in su-30mki and brahmos. it will be nightmare to f-16block 52 pilot.

I don't know about the IAF SU-30, but here are the data which you guys might find useful:

According to the information I know, modern AWACSs today like E-2C Hawkeye 2000 and E-3C are capable to the detect the target of RCS = 1m2 class 250~300 km away.

And their maximal effective detection range to the fighters in the world should be:
F-15C & Su-27 (RCS = 10~15m2): 450 ~ 600 km
Tornado (RCS = 8 m2): 420 ~ 500 km
MIG-29 (RCS = 5 m2): 370 ~ 450 km
F/A-18C (RCS = 3 m2): 330 ~ 395 km
F-16C (RCS = 1.2 m2): 260 ~ 310 km
JAS39 (RCS = 0.5 m2): 210 ~ 250 km
Su-47 (RCS = 0.3 m2): 185 ~ 220 km
Rafale (RCS = 0.1~0.2 m2): 140 ~ 200 km
F-18E (RCS = 0.1 m2): 140 ~ 170 km
MIG-42 (RCS = 0.1 m2): 140 ~ 170 km
EF2K (RCS = 0.05~0.1 m2): 120 ~ 170 km
F-35A (RCS = 0.0015 m2): 50 ~ 60 km
F/A-22 (RCS < or = 0.0002~0.0005 m2): < or = 30 ~ 45 km

Even the tradional fighters (F-15, F-16) have the modern AWACS on their side, the stealthy fighter like F/A-22 with AIM-120 is still capable to give them the big surprise.

As for the low RCS NG fighters like EF-2000, MIG-42, and Rafale, if they are equipped with the NG BVRAAM like Meteor (Effective range: 90~100 km+ to the 9G maneuverable fighter, and 150~200 km+ to the big, slow and clumsy airplanes like AWACS...) and R-77M-PD (Maximal effective range: 160 km+), I think they also have certain amount of chance to give tradional fighters + modern AWACS today a surprise.

Hope it helps.

After going through your replies, I am sorry to say that you don't have sufficiently/any knowledge about Radars and detection/tracking.
I don't have all the time to spoon feed you so take a kind advice and get some basic knowledge on Radars, microwave detection+tracking and a little about how they work on airborne platforms like fighter planes and AWACS..................don't feel bad but if F-16+AWACS were that good then they wouldn't have made F-22s you see.

Thanks
DARKY

No offense, but you really don't make any sense.

BUT

Even USAF won't risk flying AWACS if Su 30+novatars:sniper: are around so this scenario is simply BS.:taz:

I don't know about the IAF SU-30, but here are the data which you guys might find useful:

Hope it helps.

No offense, but you really don't make any sense.

You should've better quoted the detection range for an AWACS Type plane that would have been more useful.

and we should not forget about brahmos. once we get AESA radar in su-30mki and brahmos. it will be nightmare to f-16block 52 pilot.

Air launched Brahmos will most probably not be used against another plane . Its powerful enough to take out a frigate , I think its more suited for a maritime offense role . As an Air to surface weapon or an anti ship weapon.

Thanks
DARKY

feelings mutual.

Every time I debunk one of your arguments, you move on to the next potshot. Your claim about manuverability, being able to avoid detection si far from reality. lets use your arguments against you..... if manuverability ensured avoiding radar detection, why didn't USA simply use F-15 STOL/MTD

F-22 is stealthy and it doesn't need an awacs system to help it search and track and remain undetected.

your arguments are lame and baseless.

Back
Top Bottom