What's new

IAF MIG29SMT Superior to F16/52 Report

If India is buying more Migs then wts bad in that....
They shld......coz they know their ~120 MKI, 60 Mig 29, 40 Mirage, 125 Mig 21 Biason and 100 Jaguar might face against 40 F-16, 200 Mirage, 200 F7, 40 A5 and 160 J-10, 300 J-8, 400-500 F-7, 100 Su 30 MKK, 76 Su 27, 130 J-11, 100 JH-7, 100 H-6, 480 A5/Q5

Green and red are supperoir in quality and quantity.

Dont worry, we are going to have 4.5th generation fighters in our fleet

Wow, hight of ignorance or i should say hights of ignorant arrogence.

IAF has 852 Combact Aircraft.

The PAF currently operates approximately 400 combat aircraft of 5 different types.

Somebody please wake this guy up.

Well the MiG 29 SMT being superior to F 16 blk 52 has again turned into a PAF & PLAAF vs IAF thread. Kudos to you guys.

its not fair to compare SMT TO A BLK 52 better compare it with MLU F-16 ...was it of peace bridge 5 standard ??????

mig 29 is good but F 16 has 100 killl record over it what ever Mig 29 is equiped with same tech in F 16 mig will fall if we compare F 16 of 80 with Mig 29 of 2000 era yes mig will win apna ghar ma tu billi bhi sher hoti hai F 16 still is best platform over any mig ever built

its not fair to compare SMT TO A BLK 52 better compare it with MLU F-16 ...was it of peace bridge 5 standard ??????

Why do I always expect such posts from you? :hitwall:

Why do I always expect such posts from you?

because i dont believe in compaaring apples with oranges ...which says i dont wanna waste time on useless discussions as many would have seen americans and russians fighting over the very same issue we are trying to debate now ...they have fought on this topic for years i dont wand you guys to waste your time doing the same ...and if you dont wanna post any thing useful please DONT POST AT ALL

btw it is wise to compare MLU and SMT because neither are new airframe.

and to whoever that said F-16 is better than any MiG built need to check his fact right.MiG-29 has better maneuverability.there is already joint several exercise done in germany,malaysia and the us to compare both aircraft and MiG-29 consistently outmaneuvered F-16 in close combat.not to mention MiG-35,which has TVC and AESA radar fitted in the future

emotionless teen...give me the link that says mig29 out maneuvered F-16s in those specific exercises. F-16 is a lethal platform in close combat it is designed for close combat or should i refer you to gambit to explain it to you, however late versions of mig29ers performance might be close to F-16s..certainly mig29ers are not better than F-16 but their price tag was attractive for many 3rd world air forces and now even despite lower price tag its no more attractive for 3rd world air forces looking at the example of russians grounding them for indefinite time.

Last edited:
No matter how much they upgrade it it wont be able to match up with the proven war beast of F-16.

so why is Malaysian air force getting rid of mig 29s?

many reasons

1-high maintainance cost
2-high spare part price(apparently local middleman is responsible for this problem.cronyism at its best)
3-future induction of AEW aircraft means air force needs an aircraft that has full C4I capabilities
4-MiG-29N is an air superiority aircraft.The air force wants a true 2-engined MRCA fighter

main contender is Boeing F/A-18F.but MoD also said they are evaluating rafale,eurofighter and gripen.(seriously i'm going wtf if the air force is buying anything other than russian or F/A-18F)

many reasons

1-high maintainance cost
2-high spare part price(apparently local middleman is responsible for this problem.cronyism at its best)
3-future induction of AEW aircraft means air force needs an aircraft that has full C4I capabilities
4-MiG-29N is an air superiority aircraft.The air force wants a true 2-engined MRCA fighter

main contender is Boeing F/A-18F.but MoD also said they are evaluating rafale,eurofighter and gripen.(seriously i'm going wtf if the air force is buying anything other than russian or F/A-18F)

Eurofighter is worth its tag mate................I love Grippen and EF........................lovely birds

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom