What's new

I am having tough times

Whenever I feel bad, I go outside to run some kms or do a workout. Physical stress can help reducing phsycological stress. Please try it at least a few times.

Do you have following symptoms:

In excitement phase-

Like you are ahead of the curve especially intellectually. No one can beat you

Do you feel you can do anything

Do you talk too fast

Is there any racing of thoughts and you can't sleep

Jumping from one thought to another and end up doing nothing or very little

Also the following in depressive phase-

Do you feel you have no pupose in life

That nobody understands you and can't feel what you feel.

World won't change even if you die.

Suicidal thoughts.

Damn lazy and no mood of doing anything even if you want to.

If most of the answer is yes then you have bipolar disorder which is one of the most mis-diagnosed mental illness. Often mis-judged as depression and medication given for it may have unwanted effects.

Prepare a mood chart on basis of what I just mentioned and take it to some other psychiatrist (second opinion should be taken)

Bipolar patient has highest number of suicides.

sadly Answer to all of the above is YES :(

what should i do?

sadly Answer to all of the above is YES :(

what should i do?
Clear-cut case of bipolar disorder. Go see other psychiatrist. Tell him what you experience and feel according to what i mentioned. Jot down it everyday and take it to him. Its the best for him to diagnose you and give you appropriate drugs.

This problem can be managed but it needs time, family support and regular checkup/medication.

one more thing, when I am with friends i feel so happy and laugh even at silliest jokes and forget that I am depressed but the moment I am alone, I feel so sad and lonely. sometimes i even dont feel like meeting my friends

Clear-cut case of bipolar disorder. Go see other psychiatrist. Tell him what you experience and feel according to what i mentioned. Jot down it everyday and take it to him. Its the best for him to diagnose you and give you appropriate drugs.

This problem can be managed but it needs time, family support and regular checkup/medication.

but no one outside can tell I am depressed, I am very good at pretending to be happy. I can very well control my emotions in public. does that count?

I told my Psychiatrist and broke down in front of him. he wrote me off as depressed. sometimes I am too enthusiastic and sometimes I am very sad but in either case, I have this anxiety and emptiness in me. he did not give any medicine during first and rather suggested several excercises and workouts but later gave me something called temazepam.

I think first you to Assess yourself a bit of your prob....IS it the Depression thats is Leading to Low Confidence And hence triggering Anxiety in Certain Situation..... or Is it Anxiety That makes you perform below your Capability leading to constant depressed Feeling.........Both Situation demand a different management

Acc to me its Depression induced Anxiety

As far as Your treatment goes your are being treated for your Anxiety Not depression......Inquire with your Doc the detail abt your condition...And treatment and how it is going to Affect you......This Medication take their time before Action kick in ...So Don't think medication is not helping.....

A further detailed H/o will be useful
1) Are you avoiding Social Interaction in person?
2) Do you feel you are being Judged all time?
3) Is your Sleep pattern Disturbed?
4) Are you having any suicidal thought?
5) Any recent traumatic event physical or psychological???

In any Case Depression is not something you get rid in one day it take weeks....Try to take a break....Travel with a friend Explore .....try avoiding being Alone And thinking abt the past.....Engage yourself in some Activity which you like, wanted to do But couldn't due to some prob..
First and foremost is Acceptance of what has happened has happened and there is nothing you can do to change the past..... it happens to many and i will get over it.....
May GOD be with you..TC

I think you need a brain transplant. this time plant some human brain in your skull.

I think first you to Assess yourself a bit of your prob....IS it the Depression thats is Leading to Low Confidence And hence triggering Anxiety in Certain Situation..... or Is it Anxiety That makes you perform below your Capability leading to constant depressed Feeling.........Both Situation demand a different management

As far as Your treatment goes your are being treated for your Anxiety Not depression......Inquire with your Doc the detail abt your condition...And treatment and how it is going to Affect you......This Medication take their time before Action kick in ...So Don't think medication is not helping.....

A further detailed H/o will be useful
1) Are you avoiding Social Interaction in person?
2) Do you feel you are being Judged all time?
3) Is your Sleep pattern Disturbed?
4) Are you having any suicidal thought?
5) Any recent traumatic event physical or psychological???

In any Case Depression is not something you get rid in one day it take weeks....Try to take a break....Travel with a friend Explore .....try avoiding being Alone And thinking abt the past.....Engage yourself in some Activity which you like, wanted to do But couldn't due to some prob..
First and foremost is Acceptance of what has happened has happened and there is nothing you can do to change the past..... it happens to many and i will get over it.....
May GOD be with you..TC

Thanks so much for such a detailed reply.

Well, I have become much more confident these days than before. I don't care much about people now before speaking or doing anything (in a civil way ) Is there any way to release anxiety without any medication? I know its all mind game and I am fed up with this mind controlling my emotions in a way that i dont want to. I have everything that makes a person happy but I feel empty.

1)I these days prefer spending most of the time alone but my friends dont let me avoid them.

2)Yes, I do feel I am being judged by few who matters to me but rest i dont care about

3)yes, My sleep pattern is so much disturbed.

4)I did in the beginning of my depression but no more, though i still feel, life is tough and if i find a painless way to kill myself then why not?

5)Yes, something i haven't shared on this forum

Untill and unless you share your real problem with someone truly closed to your heart, you wont be able to get any solution. get well soon.

Take Clonazepam and life will be A-OK.......:enjoy:

P.S. Don't drive under its influence. Reduces reaction time.

Back
Top Bottom