What's new

Huge Projects of Türkiye

If yearly 100 million passenger guarantee is real, then it's bullshit. Airport is gonna be opened with 2 runways, nearly 60 million passenger capacity. That means even if it operates fully, there will be 40 million passenger gap.

20 euro for each missing passenger out of 100m => 40.000.000 x 20 = 800 million euro money will be paid to İGA!

İGA supposed to give 1billion euro rent price for the land to the government budget. So the paid number will be around 200 million euro if the 100m passenger guarantee number is correct.

That could be the reason. Still, the cost (twice as much that of Beijing) is mind-bugling.

I wonder the cost calculations include metro/HSR or not. In Beijing's case, all costs, including multi-modal transportation to the airport are included.

Usually, big projects make some people quite rich, or even richer (probably they are already rich, LOL).

Nevertheless, I love the two airports especially because they are one piece. Hate to travel from terminal to terminal, as in the case with Taoyuan in Taibei in which arrivals and departures are physically separated and requires a monorail ride.

I liked the two airports as they integrate all facilities under one roof.

Plot was with full of artificial lakes and pits, because of quarries and coalpits which were operating decades ago. So there was (and still is) heavy work of land grading. Probably cost is high because of that.

I don't think it includes metro/hsr project but maybe Airport city project is included. That is a huge project which consists of hotels, shopping centers, fairground and free zones.

If yearly 100 million passenger guarantee is real, then it's bullshit. Airport is gonna be opened with 2 runways, nearly 60 million passenger capacity. That means even if it operates fully, there will be 40 million passenger gap.

20 euro for each missing passenger out of 100m => 40.000.000 x 20 = 800 million euro money will be paid to İGA!

İGA supposed to give 1billion euro rent price for the land to the government budget. So the paid number will be around 200 million euro if the 100m passenger guarantee number is correct.

Well, I don't know about passenger guarantee but your calculation is wrong in my opinion. First of all, we can not generalize capacity like 30 million passenger per runway. Yes, it's a big factor to determine capacity but there are many others like number of jetways, size of parking area (not all airlines need to use jetways to board passengers), size of terminal, even directions of runways etc.

For example Ankara Esenboğa has 2 runways but its capacity is only 10 million (it works over-capacity as AHL though) AHL's real capacity is not 60 million either.

As far as I know 1st phase (with terminal and 2 runways) capacity is 90 million. With little over-capacity working it can reach 100 million easily. But I dont think it will reach that number immediately. Probably in 2021 or 2022.

AHL's real capacity is not 60 million either.

It is, within +%5 & -%5 treshold. AHL's number would keep bouncing around 60m in a scenario that new airport won't be opened.

First of all, we can not generalize capacity like 30 million passenger per runway.
I agree, we cannot generalize every runway's capacity. But we can estimate new airport's runway capacity since AHL & Sabiha Gökçen has similar runways.

For example Ankara Esenboğa has 2 runways but its capacity is only 10 million
Think about that; You have 2 buckets that you can fit 100 liter water inside, but you don't have big enough car to carry 2 buckets at a time. So even thought your buckets has 100liter capacity at total => you have 50liter capacity since your car's capacity doesnt support 2 buckets.

Esenboğa has same story. It's runways can support 60m passenger, but it's other logistics such as terminal & refueling installation & other things etc. Ankara should have at least 90m capacity in my opinion, so one more runway + one new terminal would be a good investment. Seems like government agree with this;
http://www.baderankara.org.tr/esenbogaya-yeni-pist-ve-terminal-1081h.htm

As far as I know 1st phase (with terminal and 2 runways) capacity is 90 million.
The previous 3 runway openning plan's capacity was 90million. They changed 3 runway openning plan into 2 runway openning plan. Now the officials still shouting 90m around not to lose prestige, there would be so much reaction if they say "hey we will open new airport with 60m capacity to replace 60m capacity AHL" :lol: So they will not say this.

Havuzun da, yandaşın da, kindaşın da yerin dibine batsın, ben inşaatta çalışan bir tanıdığımdan doğrudan aldığım bilgiye dayanarak yazdım. Dediğim gibi o sayının çoğu da trafik kazası.

Senin için insan hayatının değeri çok önemli olmalı ki, Birgün gazetesi, HDPKK gibi ultra-hümanist, insan hayatına inanılmaz önem veren sevgi pıtırcıklarını kaynak olarak alabiliyor, sonra da milliyetçi ayağı çekebiliyorsun.

N'apalım. Bazılarının midesi çok geniş!
Ne diyon la sen değişik.

So current airport will close and new one will open?

What will they do with old airport?

So current airport will close and new one will open?

What will they do with old airport?

ATATURK airport will be closed
and Megapark will replace Atatürk Airport to be a huge tourist draw
similar to central park in New York and Hyde Park in London
( the world's third largest park, with 11.7 million square meters )

It will be cool if they at least keep one of the runways for emergency situations and rework the terminal building and use it as a center for fairs, conventions, expos, festivals etc. It will be a huge waste to just destroy the whole existing infrastructure in which hundreds of millions have been invested trough the years.

Ataturk Airport is connected to the Istanbul metro system and with a nice and big park around it it can turn into an amazing asset for Istanbul which is a city that hosts hundreds of events every year.

It will be cool if they at least keep one of the runways for emergency situations and rework the terminal building and use it as a center for fairs, conventions, expos, festivals etc. It will be a huge waste to just destroy the whole existing infrastructure in which hundreds of millions have been invested trough the years.

Ataturk Airport is connected to the Istanbul metro system and with a nice and big park around it it can turn into an amazing asset for Istanbul which is a city that hosts hundreds of events every year.
According to that pic it will have event areas and a congress hall, i like that project.

İşte bu goygoyları yutanlar da solcu çomarlar. Sağcı-solcu fark etmiyor, bu ülkenin çomarı gerizekalı.
Aynen usta ama sağcı çomarlar da aslında solcu, sadece sağ sol nedir bilmediklerinden sağcı olduklarını sanacak kadar aptal ve cahil insanlar onlar. Senin benim gibi hakiki sağcı sayısı çok az bu ülkede. Zaten hakiki sağcı olmak için insanın çok zeki ve çok eğitimli olması gerekiyor, yoksa kendine sağcı da desen solcu da desen sonuç hep aynı:Komünizm.

Konuya gelirsek, Demirin de dediği gibi böyle büyük projelerde ister Japonya olsun ister Almanya olsun ister ABD olsun hep 100lerce kişi hayatını kaybeder. Bu hep olacak.

Kaldıki kişi başına düşen gelirin 10.000 ve üni mezun oranının 10%larda olduğu bizim gibi bir ülkede oransal bazda daha fazla işçinin ölmesi en beklenmesi gereken şeylerden bir tanesidir.

Ama yok anlatamazsın komünistlere, zaten anlayacak kapasiteleri olsa komünist olmazlardı en başından itibaren. Adamlar 3 aylık bebeler gibi herşeyin mükemmel olmasını bekliyor. Anlamıyorlar mükemmelliğin olamayacağını.

There is a big issue actually, if they are planning to close Atatürk airport in 29th October.

huZ1P0t.png

Passenger number is stuck around 60million (+%5 /-%5) It's not like there is no demand. There is a huge demand, but this is what 2 runways can support.

Either they will keep Atatürk airport open until 3rd (or even 4th) runways will be built, or additional demand will keep staying outside of İstanbul.

Sabiha Gökçen Airport faces same problem. Passenger number was increasing %20-%27 each year until it reaches 30million, then it stucks around 30 million because 30 million passenger number is what 1 runway can support.

mthgfDG.png
I think we are doing a big mistake by building one huge airport instead of several small sized ones.. Relying on monopolies are never a good idea and I think Erdogan too will be sorry for this in the future, if he lives that long to see it of course.

We could build 3 smaller airports with 2 runways each or 6 small airports with 1 runaway each, all owned by one or multiple airlines. Competition among the airports would lower the ticket prices more while increasing the quality of the service.

It is sad that our government has a mindset of communism..

what we need are huge urban redevelopment plans and canal istanbul is the beginning of that i think

Guys what’s new about turkish pentagon ( headquarters for mit and turkish military ) in ankara ?

Back
Top Bottom