What's new

How PAF Should Counter the SU-30 MKI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point, don't know if the JF-17 has terrain avoidance capability or enough fuel to sustain full AB for 5 minutes. But SAM's are for area defense typically found in or near sensitive installations for protection. Long range SAMS on the other hand is not as effective against low flying aircraft.

The area where phalcons would be flying would generally have a few dozens of these.. supporting the Armor and Mechanized groups and providing cover for Helo gunships.

Akash_SAM_on_T-72.jpg

I would have replied to this post in detail if this wasn't a pakistani forum, and the person who thanked your post hadn't handed me an infraction.

lol..infraction was probably for the foul language you used, but any way that wouldn't prevent you from making counter arguments, so if you have some relevant knowledge then share it with us, just make sure that you don't reveal anything classified, if you have any.

Good point, don't know if the JF-17 has terrain avoidance capability or enough fuel to sustain full AB for 5 minutes. But SAM's are for area defense typically found in or near sensitive installations for protection. Long range SAMS on the other hand is not as effective against low flying aircraft.

Ah Kathy,

Happy new year and BTW why are you forgetting the same can be done by the Indian side using the Mirage 2k and the MiG 29 with the AS-31 and the KH-55 against their SAAB...and the Indian Radars far out range all the Radars in the Pakistani arsenal...the Phalcon flying a little inside can still see whats happening inside the Pakistani territory but the Erieye cant do that.

Above all it is the aircraft's radar that is going to guide the missile not the AWACS radar.

Ah Kathy,

Happy new year and BTW why are you forgetting the same can be done by the Indian side using the Mirage 2k and the MiG 29 with the AS-31 and the KH-55 against their SAAB...and the Indian Radars far out range all the Radars in the Pakistani arsenal...the Phalcon flying a little inside can still see whats happening inside the Pakistani territory but the Erieye cant do that.

Above all it is the aircraft's radar that is going to guide the missile not the AWACS radar.

You forgot... perhaps..

1354113531_DarinIIIJaguar.jpg

I would like to know if Novator K-100 'awacs killer' will play some role or not??

I would have replied to this post in detail if this wasn't a pakistani forum, and the person who thanked your post hadn't handed me an infraction.

If your reply involves insults and letting down some one who has actually come up with a scenario just for the sake of your ego , rather than to post constructively with counter arguments , then you should definitely keep your bright ideas to yourself

There was a time when members never stooped to the language i am seeing here right now --- members used to adress others as sir/madam --- not like teenagers running amok

If your reply involves insults and letting down some one who has actually come up with a scenario just for the sake of your ego , rather than to post constructively with counter arguments , then you should definitely keep your bright ideas to yourself

There was a time when members never stooped to the language i am seeing here right now --- members used to adress others as sir/madam --- not like teenagers running amok

If I was suggesting the most stupid scenario to you, I doubt you will address me as sir. The members suggestion was idiotic and I called a spade a spade. I would have post counter arguments if his/her post would have deserved it.

most probably it's not been procured yet..2011 news says iaf has plans to procure it.

Yes, probably. But we know what we're going to integrate with MKI in near future. Probably it's in the upgrade package of the super MKIs, just like Brahmos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom