What's new

How many push ups can the PDF member perform?

1.) Sorry if I made myself not clear... but I was talking about people who are considered fit... not a bunch of gym freaks bulking blindly for mass and who got terrible muscular endurance
2.) Push ups involve more muscle groups than bench presses.
bench1big.jpg

what-muscles-do-push-ups-work.jpg

Apart from that, if they were the same, why would anyone do bench presses? o_O Push ups are basically for free and can be done literally anywhere.

3.) If you meant whether I can safely lift 20 kg (around 40 lbs?) over my head ... yes I can. As long as it is not terribly unbalanced and I got a good grip on it. And I havent done bench presses.

4.) Fair enough and my deepest respect for your capabilities considering your age :tup:

Yes, bench presses do have their advantages too, but push ups are still the very basic exercise to build up and measure upper body strength. They are very simple, effective and can be done anywhere.

But I might also be a little bit biased because of my martial arts backround, where muscular endurance is more important than sheer muscular strength.

Endurance builds with light weight and lot more repetitions, strength with more weight and thats why pushups build endurance because you are doing a lot more repetitions. our desi pehilwans would do pushups with someone siting on their back to build strength.

5 sets of 30.

Glad that people from the subcontinent are more health focused these days. No more stereotypical skinny Indian nerds please, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom