What's new

How Indian Bengali's perceive Bangladesh and Bangladeshi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calcutta is well and good, 3rd among Indian cities wrt GDP. Not that we wouldn't have been able to do better, if we can only get rid of mamata and commies.

Anyway too much bickering, let me share a video which will elevate the mood.

Bengal specially Calcutta left behind because of its leadership
Calcutta was capital of British India and had the potential to become India's Shanghai but now due to the communist attitude of its leadership even cities like pune, surat, hyderabad, banglore are surpassing it

The cities that you mention are developing pretty fast,agreed,and the rate is faster than that of Kolkata,agreed on that too.But there is still a long way to go,before they can actually surpass.

Here is a list of top 4 cities of India,GDP wise.The data is a bit outdated,but not so much that it will cause a change in the ranking.
1 Mumbai Maharashtra $209 billion 29
2 Delhi National Capital Territory $167 billion 37
3 Kolkata West Bengal $104 billion 61
4 Bangalore Karnataka $69 billion 84

I don't have to meet you, you can just post your Facebook id here. ;-) I posted my pic many a times and lots of guys here know my fb I'd, heck one of the Pakistani rival forum admin even sent me friend request. :-D

misc-so-hardcore-l.png

These MF B'deshi never failed to lol'd me. These MF had burnt 10000 hindus alive and 50,000 were forcibly converted.

Another 20,000 were killed in in Great Calcutta Killing.

Solution for Bangladesh menace is cut this artificial country into several pieces.

1. sylhet division to be merged with Assam (since it part of Assam before 1947)

2. chittagong division to be merged with Mizoram (since chittagong inhabited by Chakma tribe same as in Mizoram)

3. Rest of the country (except Dhaka) to be merged with West Bengal

And the so called Artificial country of Bangladesh must be happy Dhaka. And rename it as Slum-desh, since half the population live in slums.

I have a better offer,

1. Assamese people get some pride and become independent.

2. Mizoram people realize that their fate is better with Bangladesh

3. Kashmir goes back to the Pakistan, AP to China, Tamil Nadu can become Srilankan land. The rest of the mainland India can be British colony.

I like my ideas, more :P

He was showing the pala rule over India. It was an obvious troll, welcome to the Internet

i know he is showing pala rule, he is saying bangladesh should be that way lol check his comment about the picture lol

I will go through all thread and prove it.. if i can not prove i will say sorry to you , you have my promise . Now tell me why given up Chittagong ?

who gave up Chittagong? I myself belong to Chittagong division. These empires weren't fixed.. They were Dynamic.. Constantly changing.... I just showed bengal was the seat from where rest of india was controlled. We are best.

The first para and the last could do with some surgery; they contain too much mawkish emotion. The others are very accurate.

I could cite a large number of Bengali entrepreneurs, some of whom are still flourishing, but that would not suit the vision of the post being replied, and any contrary input is likely to be ignored. The fact is, after Bengalis realized that they could lead a very cultured and self-indulgent life as zamindars, they abandoned commerce and trade, and took to living as rentiers. The rapid transition from Dwarkanath to Rabindranath through Debendranath is an illustration. It was an open invitation to the trading community of northern India to flood in, and they did. They came with very little, but were determined, hard-working and helped each other. Even today, new ventures are not funded by the promoter's own funds, which may or may not be adequate for the purpose, but by the common funds available for use by members of that sub-set.

When the British left Calcutta, still the centre of their holdings in India, they left slowly from 1945 to 1965, then very rapidly, almost precipitately, from 1965 to 1975 or thereabouts, north and west Indian entrepreneurs in the making had a field day. They snapped up British businesses left, right and centre. So what happened to the others? Why not the Bengalis themselves? After all, they had the inner track, being employees and trusted advisors in those precise companies. Why did they continue as employees and trusted advisors, but now of other Indians, of Marwaris and Punjabis?

One thing I must say regarding Kolkata as I've always been a fan of this city...this city lost its originality. Bangladeshi people who love Bangla literature treated Kolkata as the heart of both West and East. I've been to Tallyganj (confused where Peerless is located) and found that people are bound to speak in Hindi/Urdu otherwise they can't buy anything from a shop whereas in south like in Madras people have to know the local language. Once in 2000/01 there was a statistical report that said 63/64% people in Kolkata were operating in Hindi/Urdu!

who gave up Chittagong? I myself belong to Chittagong division. These empires weren't fixed.. They were Dynamic.. Constantly changing.... I just showed bengal was the seat from where rest of india was controlled. We are best.

i am saying that do not leave anything ( you should add like "+ now Chittagong under bangladesh" ) lol

*facepalm*

Ever heard of Maurya Empire? With its capital in Patliputra?

One thing I must say regarding Kolkata as I've always been a fan of this city...this city lost its originality. Bangladeshi people who love Bangla literature treated Kolkata as the heart of both West and East. I've been to Tallyganj (confused where Peerless is located) and found that people are bound to speak in Hindi/Urdu otherwise they can't buy anything from a shop whereas in south like in Madras people have to know the local language. Once in 2000/01 there was a statistical report that said 63/64% people in Kolkata were operating in Hindi/Urdu!

People in Kolkata are multi lingual. I was there a month ago, struggled a lot cause I speak very little Bangla.

If you talk to them in Bangla, they ll reply in Bangla. If you talk to them in Hindi, they ll reply in Hindi. Heck even the non Bengalis in Kolkata can speak pretty good Bangla.

I have a better offer,

1. Assamese people get some pride and become independent.

2. Mizoram people realize that their fate is better with Bangladesh

3. Kashmir goes back to the Pakistan, AP to China, Tamil Nadu can become Srilankan land. The rest of the mainland India can be British colony.

I like my ideas, more :P

lol... you nailed it... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom