What's new

How India debated a war with Pakistan that November

We all know India tried its best as was suggested by many senior members here through their private sources, details and timings of violations were given as well. If we on a forum knew it, you know everyone else did too.

I somehow doubt India's "Deniable" option wasn't panned out. Till date the attack on the SL team is pinned primarily on an Indian sponsored attack. An attack where they wanted to create terror without killing anyone for real in the SL team.

Also at the end of the day it was learned by Pakistanis that India indeed is all talk and is in no position to use any option against Pakistan. There is no uncertainty that Pakistan can opt for a disproportionate response, either. We have always been clear to India, if you start the war, we will set the level of intensity that it may reach to.

plaese show the world the proofs you have about the Indian hand in the attack on the Srilankan cricket team or just keep QUITE.
As for the Indian response see for yourself where your country stands and where our country stands in the internationall goodwill.

aapko ''ZOR KA JHATKA DHEERE SE LAGA''

Freudian Slip? And that too on a Pakistani forum. But then, having read your influential Bharat Rakshak forum, I will not be at all surprised if RAW is deeply involved in acts of terrorism inside Pakistan.

Indians are correct about the Jihadi menace eating up Pakistan from inside. Indeed the so-called Afghan-jihad of the 80's is the single biggest factor in acts of terrorism inside Pakistan. However, between 1989--the time when the Soviets withdraw from Afghanistan--and about 2007 the acts of terrorism by these Jihadis inside Pakistan were relatively few and far between.

Why is that so? I don't think there is one single answer. Perhaps the Jihadis were consolidating after the fall of the Talibans in 2001. Perhaps the external forces were still trying to get the Jihadi collaborators onboard....

But what is obvious to me is that India (and Israel) sensed 9/11 as a great opportunity. Both have tried to milk the American tragedy to the fullest. India took no time in Operation Parkram after the Parliament attack, blaming it on Pakistani state. Mind you, that was shortly after 9/11 when Pakistan was thrust into the eye of the storm and could possibly ill-afford to do the kind of attacks inside India.

Mumbai was a great tragedy. The most prestigious Pakistani blog called Pakistaniat.com had its founder Adil Najam declare: 'Today, I am a Mumbaikar!' No one in Pakistan was happy then. No one. We were sad. But we saw with astonishment the speed and the unity with which Indians started demonizing Pakistan yet again. Pakistan had nothing to gain from the Mumbai attack. Pakistan itself is a victim. Partly because of its follies being forced into the Jihad by a ruthless military dictator. And part of it because of the Arab terrorists exporting their brand of 'Islam' and suicide bombings in and around Pakistan.

I hope Indian policy makers are not the kind of gung-ho haters like Bharat Rakshak. War is easy to start. Hard to stop. Sometimes killing of an Archduke can plunge large swathes of world into conflict. The best approach for India and Pakistan is to find a workable solution to Kashmir and defeat the stateless actors. Then, too, the poor Afghans may have some peace instead of being a playground of forces outside of their borders.

WELL I HAVE TO AGREE WITH YOU WITH YOUR FEELINGS BUT TELL ME ONE THING HAS THE GOP DONE ANY THING DO BRING THE PERPERTRATORS OF 26/11 TO BOOK. SADLY THE ANSWER IS NO. YOU TELL ME JUST ONE THING WHAT WOULD HAVE BEEN YOUR REACTION HAD 10 INDIAN DONE THE SAME THING IN KARACHI.

This mayhem is hurting pakistan much before Mumbai...So if you wanna say that pakistan retaliated due to India's involvement i can understand...B/W read the "stunning response" by RAW in this article when options were being discussed...It do tell us how much effective we are,no???...

Seriously, an organization who failed to detect blinders like Kargil, Mumbai is given lot of hype....Mind it i am not saying RAW is toothless but let's call spade a spade

some times i think RAW is a pakistani institution . whenever we talk about of RAW think of it as a white elephant but when you talk of RAW its like a majic wand, it can do any thing in pakistan.

We all know India tried its best as was suggested by many senior members here through their private sources, details and timings of violations were given as well. If we on a forum knew it, you know everyone else did too.

I somehow doubt India's "Deniable" option wasn't panned out. Till date the attack on the SL team is pinned primarily on an Indian sponsored attack. An attack where they wanted to create terror without killing anyone for real in the SL team.

Also at the end of the day it was learned by Pakistanis that India indeed is all talk and is in no position to use any option against Pakistan. There is no uncertainty that Pakistan can opt for a disproportionate response, either. We have always been clear to India, if you start the war, we will set the level of intensity that it may reach to.

Over-measuring your capabilities and over-confidence is just liking digging the grave for yourself.
Yes,India doesn't want to rage a war against Pak.
But if certain limits are crossed,you are really unaware of what can happen.
Because present day Paksitan cannot stand against the present day India for long,in case of war.

I hope Pakistanis understand the difference between.
The size of Indian army/navy/airforce and that of Pakistan.

The backbone of these 3 armed forces is the Economy
And i hope that Pakistanis also know about the huge*10 difference between the Pakistani econ. and the Indian one.

I hope Pakistanis understand the difference between.
The size of Indian army/navy/airforce and that of Pakistan.

The backbone of these 3 armed forces is the Economy
And i hope that Pakistanis also know about the huge*10 difference between the Pakistani econ. and the Indian one.

Yes I hope you understand that even though you cried and threatened you were still not able to do anything after 26/11 and declare Pakistan a terrorist state despite the size of your armed forces and economy

1. I agree as long as US in the region there is no possibility of state sponsored Terror Attack inside India( see even in Kashmir its now political movement rather thn militancy). And why would Pakistan pursue a course that offers no dividend in any way. if any attack happens in india and india believes it to Pakistan's action it means india has lost the war before begining it.
2. All war mongerer should know and perhaps indian Defense establishment already Know it well, India will never achieve its aims if it starts war( see the example of Israel Hamas conflict- there is no match yet Hamas has survived and is still kicking).
3. If there is no conflict for next decade or so and Pakistan use this time to improve its economy geniunely, thn there will always be some sort of balance of power and threats that will pervent war between india and Pakistan( because if India can become a major economy in 20yrs why not Pakistan can).
4. For me al those threats of war and crushing response are not coming from a position of strength but from weakness. they in themselves are weak strategy because i) it encourages those ppl who want to arrest India's growth and also ii) it encourages those who want Pakistan to be weaken thus thy will assume next act of terror woud force india to wage a war with Pakistan hence Pakistan' destruction, thus the probability of Terror act in India increases because of such threat based strategy.

as per old saying who got benefited from the Mumbay attack? ISI, RAW, IA/IAF/IN or PA/PAF/PN , LeT/Jihadis or US/WEST by selling weapons worth billions to both nations?

some one tell me who is the beneficiary of Mumbay Episode???

Yes I hope you understand that even though you cried and threatened you were still not able to do anything after 26/11 and declare Pakistan a terrorist state despite the size of your armed forces and economy

Thats why i mentioned 'when a certain limits are crossed'.
And don't worry mate,if those limits are crossed,the 'black day' for you won't be far away....................

Thats why i mentioned 'when a certain limits are crossed'.
And don't worry mate,if those limits are crossed,the 'black day' for you won't be far away....................

we'll be prepared for your "black day"

:tup:

You see this is the kind of statement i respect. A statement a man would make! I am grateful to you for admitting that destabilising Pakistan would be in India's strategic interest.

Many thanks once again.
:tup:

paladin... intention was not to ruffle your feather.. atlest i know now how sensitive a statement of this kind could be to some of my friends across the border. but i must say, most of pakistanis in this forum do believe india is responsible for all the evils happening in their country. so why such a dismay on a generic statement?

Your point would be valid if such an attack was just the act of a few rogue individuals. Unfortunately, no one believes that is the case. There is a perception of state patronage & in the worst case, a element of state involvement whether overtly sanctioned or not.

By no one you mean GOI and citizens of India. Their is absolutely no shred of legitimate proof that their was state support for the 11 pigs who caused mayhem in Mumbai. Why would the state provide any support to an operation like this in which Pakistan would not have gained anything. The peace process dialogue which was going smoothly was suddenly interrupted, it forced Pakistan to relocate troops from the Western border to the Eastern. Thus, Pakistan did not gain anything with the mayhem in Mumbai. Besides India should be the last country accusing Pakistan of supporting terrorism, when clearly Indian foot prints in Balochistan are quite clear.

I'm sure that Pakistan has its own plans. I'm also sure that the resources available with Indian planners aimed at this particular threat would have been higher. Pakistan has these days, its hands full with a number of situations. Make what you will about the defensive & offensive abilities of the two forces, such a situation is not an outcome to be welcomed or desired. Eventually Pakistan will have to deal with those groups that may create such situations.

Well lucky for us we have enough resources of our to ensure that any aggression from the Indian side is dealt with full force. We indeed have our hands full due to this WOT but we haven't forgotten whom the real enemy is. Pakistan has not moved any resources from the Eastern border that are required to fight India. Recent military exercises of Azm e Nau and High Mark are proof that PA is fully capable of fighting a conventional war against India. I agree war is definitely not the solution, but if its brought upon us than we have no choice but to defend ourselves. If we had our way we would eliminate these terrorist groups in a matter of days, unfortunately we lack the resources that are needed to fight this menace and maintaining credible defences on the Eastern front is hindering our fight against terrorism.

Absolutely correct. With Chinese help Pakistan has emerged on the world stage as a nuclear power.

Even today, Hafiz Saeed Saheb is recruiting more freedom fighters to wage Jihad.

What can Indians do about it? Nothing.

Back
Top Bottom