What's new

How India debated a war with Pakistan that November

Is it ur thinking or you are informing us about some fact that you know of certain?

i am merely stating the facts. The process of requipping indian intelligence agencies to give them more teeth has already been started.

First, I begin with full condemnation of Kasab and his associates. they killed innocent civilians in a cowardly manners I strongly condem that affair.
Regarding Indian response to such terror act in future, i think India has two options in all,
1. start a war with Pakistan limited or unlimited
2. continue diplomatic/ecenomic bullying of Pakistan.

1 First option is choice of many even outside india. All those who want to hold Indian rise in the region will be keen to force india into a war. If india does not end up the war like 1971, India will be looser in the end. If India succeed in 1971 like state, it wills till loose economic targets that She has set for herself and hence She will be never able to catch other rising economies. and if Pakistan succeed in playing Muslim card it will severly hit indian bussiness in Middle east for atleast a decade or so.

If indian use Option no 2, India has ability to inflict big damage to Pakistan but it will be imperceptable to common Indians hence it will be hard to raise Morale of Indian ppl. Its economy will continue to rise, international stature will grow bigger but people of both side of border will never be able to measure their success or failure in a tangible way. This scenario may lead to present mindset to persist for longer time.

In my humble opinion the best option for india is to use composite solution, better intelligence to pre empt such act, enhance security for public and a sincere effort to settle issues with Pakistan in such a way that Pakistan should not feel bullied.

feel free to to disagree but you are not allowed to troll.
Best wishes!

Agreed!

On another note, this goes to prove that Pakistan's first use policy did it's job. It's job of deterring India from any sort of military action in fear that the response would be disproportionate.

Rain is completely correct here, any war would damage India's economy. We are in no position yet to risk our economy over a war. I think Manmohan Singh made the right decision in the end!

First, I begin with full condemnation of Kasab and his associates. they killed innocent civilians in a cowardly manners I strongly condem that affair.
Regarding Indian response to such terror act in future, i think India has two options in all,
1. start a war with Pakistan limited or unlimited
2. continue diplomatic/ecenomic bullying of Pakistan.

I dont want either of the choices --- I just want Pakistan to be a normal country and we want to be a normal neighbour.

But that is not possible without the stopping of cross border terrorist activities and acknowledging each other's sovereignity over their respective Kashmir.

Agreed!

On another note, this goes to prove that Pakistan's first use policy did it's job. It's job of deterring India from any sort of military action in fear that the response would be disproportionate.

Rain is completely correct here, any war would damage India's economy. We are in no position yet to risk our economy over a war. I think Manmohan Singh made the right decision in the end!

I am not a war-monger but we are spending roughtly around $30-$35 billion on our defence. May i humbly ask what is the sole purpose of this budget???? Look Diplomacy is going to be succesful only to a certain level....Its been 2 years and we very well know how many people have been convicted across the border. Not a single country want's to say that ISI and likes were involved, everyone say non-state actors. Even after this not a single conviction because of hundreds reason's like proofs are not enough and what not....

In short what i am saying is that other party is not interested in getting rid of these pigs because they don't gain anything from it...In Kashmir we are fine with status quo because it is in our favor. The other party(read Pakistan) will do whatever they can to change the status quo...So in short as long as US is in the region there is hardly any chance for another mumbai, but what after they are gone???

So either

- We hand over kashmir to Pakistan
- We let our citizens live at the mercy of Terrorists
- We behave like men

All of the options have a price to pay...I choose the 3rd, you can have your pick....

I think India did do something at a covert level.. the sudden rise in the spate of terrorist attacks in Pakistan since 26/11 and no serious attacks in India points to some drastic steps.

Common man still suffering on both sides unfortunately

Freudian Slip? And that too on a Pakistani forum. But then, having read your influential Bharat Rakshak forum, I will not be at all surprised if RAW is deeply involved in acts of terrorism inside Pakistan.

Indians are correct about the Jihadi menace eating up Pakistan from inside. Indeed the so-called Afghan-jihad of the 80's is the single biggest factor in acts of terrorism inside Pakistan. However, between 1989--the time when the Soviets withdraw from Afghanistan--and about 2007 the acts of terrorism by these Jihadis inside Pakistan were relatively few and far between.

Why is that so? I don't think there is one single answer. Perhaps the Jihadis were consolidating after the fall of the Talibans in 2001. Perhaps the external forces were still trying to get the Jihadi collaborators onboard....

But what is obvious to me is that India (and Israel) sensed 9/11 as a great opportunity. Both have tried to milk the American tragedy to the fullest. India took no time in Operation Parkram after the Parliament attack, blaming it on Pakistani state. Mind you, that was shortly after 9/11 when Pakistan was thrust into the eye of the storm and could possibly ill-afford to do the kind of attacks inside India.

Mumbai was a great tragedy. The most prestigious Pakistani blog called Pakistaniat.com had its founder Adil Najam declare: 'Today, I am a Mumbaikar!' No one in Pakistan was happy then. No one. We were sad. But we saw with astonishment the speed and the unity with which Indians started demonizing Pakistan yet again. Pakistan had nothing to gain from the Mumbai attack. Pakistan itself is a victim. Partly because of its follies being forced into the Jihad by a ruthless military dictator. And part of it because of the Arab terrorists exporting their brand of 'Islam' and suicide bombings in and around Pakistan.

I hope Indian policy makers are not the kind of gung-ho haters like Bharat Rakshak. War is easy to start. Hard to stop. Sometimes killing of an Archduke can plunge large swathes of world into conflict. The best approach for India and Pakistan is to find a workable solution to Kashmir and defeat the stateless actors. Then, too, the poor Afghans may have some peace instead of being a playground of forces outside of their borders.

Who knows may be, just may be, what mayhem we are witnessing in Pakistan is nothing but India's action after 26/11.

It is possible.

Who knows may be, just may be, what mayhem we are witnessing in Pakistan is nothing but India's action after 26/11.

It is possible.

This mayhem is hurting pakistan much before Mumbai...So if you wanna say that pakistan retaliated due to India's involvement i can understand...B/W read the "stunning response" by RAW in this article when options were being discussed...It do tell us how much effective we are,no???...

Seriously, an organization who failed to detect blinders like Kargil, Mumbai is given lot of hype....Mind it i am not saying RAW is toothless but let's call spade a spade

This is just a sh*t article by indians

There was near silence. Pakistan, by then, had already created “war hysteria” which many felt was unprovoked

For your information indian media even b4 the 26/11 complete they started to create such war hysteria against Pakistan and started talking about hitting in Pakistan...

Further to that there are now vedio on youtube that infact IAF entered Pakistani airspace and PAF was in position to take them down..... and on warning they went back... proof are on this forum in form of general Kayani showed it to USA general that next time we will take them down...

Pakistan is not Afghanistan and India is not a World Power ... Let me tell you the day india started these hits, india will be in great problems ..... infact india will divide....

... Let me tell you the day india started these hits, india will be in great problems ..... infact india will divide....

Nice prediction my friend, good luck with that...In fact you should pray that India should start those hits, this way you can avenge 71 war...

It is possible.

maybe you are right.. by waging a open war India is the one which will stand to lose a lot. India has put in a lot of hard work since the early 90s to be where it is today. priority has changed.. Overt war is not in india's interest. if things can be achieved by covert way, then why not??

maybe you are right.. by waging a open war India is the one which will stand to lose a lot. India has put in a lot of hard work since the early 90s to be where it is today. priority has changed.. Overt war is not in india's interest. if things can be achieved by covert way, then why not??

Not sure but why it is hard to learn from past and things happening in front of us??? Jihadi terrorism may sound like an asset if you are standing on the opposite side but once side changes you find yourself on the receiving end....Can't you see the mess Pak is in????

Covert operations mean supporting terrorism which is a big no no in today's world...Think about what all we will loose....

:tup:

You see this is the kind of statement i respect. A statement a man would make! I am grateful to you for admitting that destabilising Pakistan would be in India's strategic interest.

Many thanks once again.

Pakistan's diplomacy as aptly put by one western diplomat works by putting the gun to their own head.

The best way is keep our head low, work another decade, make the difference in our economies so large, that it supports a humungous defence budget that Pakistan can't think of matching. Most of the problem would be solved by then.

I think we are on the way to achieve that. After this, economic damages can be very effectively used against Pakistan.

You see this is the kind of statement i respect. A statement a man would make! I am grateful to you for admitting that destabilising Pakistan would be in India's strategic interest.

Many thanks once again.

How can you generalize a post to India's strategic interest...that is hell lot of extrapolation

The best way is keep our head low, work another decade, make the difference in our economies so large, that it supports a humungous defence budget that Pakistan can't think of matching. Most of the problem would be solved by then.

I think we are on the way to achieve that. After this, economic damages can be very effectively used against Pakistan.

I don't think that will work. If a distant America with all its economic and military might feels compelled to listen to North Korea then a far more powerful economic and military neighbor power like Pakistan (when compared with US vs NKR) will almost certainly be a force to deal with in a mere decade or two.

This is not just chest thumping.

Pakistan has powerful allies all around. They may not be as helpful as they can be but they make sure Pakistan gets 'bailed out'. Even militarily Pakistan has managed to acquire some more advanced weapons since 9/11.

Your thinking is the kind of thinking which works to postpone resolutions of disputes. You, like Israelis, are status-quo entities. Fix the problems now and the peace dividends will surprise us all in a mere few years.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom