What's new

How can we get the Iranian Air Force to buy new fighter jets?

Exactly. We won't and can't sell. I'm just letting the Iranian members to understand, not sugar coating it, sanctions have taken their toll.

Iran is already operating Pakistani trainers and placed a request for K-8s before they were sanctioned. If sanctions were not in place selling our military hardware to Iran would have been a practical option since they are a friendly neighbour.

Saeqah are ripped off F-5s, not Iranian designs
thats true just abt the frame . the avionics and engines are iranian :))))))))

joint venture with all of its sub systems developed by Pakistani and Chinese scientists together as a joint effort. Pakistan is building 65% of its parts at PAC which would increase to 88% in 2016. Most test and evaluation, induction facilities are in Pakistan. China does not build the JF-17s so far, Pakistan does.
i'm not talking abt that . what i'm saying is that pakistan is so backwards in tech and science (no insult intended , compared to china and US we are all backwards with different amounts) that has 0 influence in the project besides ordering what it needs .

for sure JF-17 is built in pakistan cause china didnt even feel the need to produce it in its mainland .

let me give u an example : iranian airbase and facility in esfehan was built by US to manufacture F-17 and F-14 . does this mean that iran was technologically advanced at that time ? the answer is : hell no !! iran couldnt produce shit on its own !!!!

the same thing applies to pakistan nowadays .

US does not have an interest in attacking Iran
hell yes , u r so right !! we made them to lack the interest . if not , iran was a bigger fish to catch than say for ex. iraq :lol:

nor Pakistan has been 'attacked' in the last 10 years
am i high or pakistan was attacked several times by drone strikes ? :O

:rolleyes1:
It depends. If you can provide ToT, and also engines, other than Russian engines, block2, and 3 of JF-17 will look like interesting for Azerbaijan. @Kamil_baku Am I right?

Bro, Azerbaijan is our friend, if you decide to buy these jets for your defense, Pakistan will provide you what we have for ourselves, not a low rate export product. Block-II is under production, Block III is on the drawing board.

Bro, Azerbaijan is our friend, if you decide to buy these jets for your defense, Pakistan will provide you what we have for ourselves, not a low rate export product. Block-II is under production, Block III is on the drawing board.
I know brother. Pakistan was the second country which recognized Azerbaijan, and is the only country that does not recognize Armenia as a country!!! That's really great :)
BTW, There was also talks of buying long range missiles from Pakistan as well. Some people say that it is probably about buying cruise missile. It shows the depth of Pakistani-Azeri relations, which makes Pakistan to provide its most up to date technologies for Azerbaijan. :tup:
The only problem is about engines, but, it seems that you guys may use Chinese engines(WS-13), and if China agrees to provide engines, there would be no problem to buy JF-17.

thats true just abt the frame . the avionics and engines are iranian :)

Those engines belong to the 3rd generation and are no longer relevant.

i'm not talking abt that . what i'm saying is that pakistan is so backwards in tech and science (no insult intended , compared to china and US we are all backwards with different amounts) that has 0 influence in the project besides ordering what it needs .

That is incorrect. Your answer lies in this documentary, watch carefully. Pakistan has been building, rebuilding, overhauling jets for well over 40 years. We didn't just wake up one day and decided to build a fighter aircraft with China.

for sure JF-17 is built in pakistan cause china didnt even feel the need to produce it in its mainland .

China does not need the JF-17 so far, though both Chinese Navy and the Chinese air force are evaluating it to replace F-7s and other older aircrafts they have. JAS-39 Gripen was developed jointly by SAAB and BAE Systems, just because UK didn't buy them means that the Gripen is somehow inferior? - No. All air forces have their own requirements which define their hardware procurement.

let me give u an example : iranian airbase and facility in esfehan was built by US to manufacture F-17 and F-14 . does this mean that iran was technologically advanced at that time ? the answer is : hell no !! iran couldnt produce shit on its own !!!!

The Iranian aviation industry did not participate in R&D of those aircrafts. JFT was built jointly at every step, just like the Eurofighter. You can't tell which part contains who's IP rights.

the same thing applies to pakistan nowadays .

No it doesn't.

hell yes , u r so right !! we made them to lack the interest . if not , iran was a bigger fish to catch than say for ex. iraq
am i high or pakistan was attacked several times by drone strikes ? :O

Drone strikes are conducted via shared intel. As long as they don't kill civilians and kill the insurgents, we have no problem with it. By Killing Hakimullah, Qari Hussain, Baitullah and other monsters, we have saved thousands of lives.

I know brother. Pakistan was the second country which recognized Azerbaijan, and is the only country that does not recognize Armenia as a country!!! That's really great :)
BTW, There was also talks of buying long range missiles from Pakistan as well. Some people say that it is probably about buying cruise missile. It shows the depth of Pakistani-Azeri relations, which makes Pakistan to provide its most up to date technologies for Azerbaijan. :tup:
The only problem is about engines, but, it seems that you guys may use Chinese engines(WS-13), and if China agrees to provide engines, there would be no problem to buy JF-17.

As for Ballistic missiles, those things do not need to be 'talked' about. Of Course we will help Azarbaijan in any way they want us to since the Armenians are getting Iskander Missiles, its important to arm Azarbaijan so it can defend itself. Pakistan also fully backs AzB on Nikro Karabakh dispute. The WS-13s would be ready by 2016, even if they are not we have 500 RD-93s in storage in China and Pakistan, so its not really an issue.

Last edited:
Firstly , if it wasnt for iran , dear india would have conquered all of pakistan during its assault .so as an admin and a friend of mine who knows farsi :

خود گویی و خود خندی ، عجب مرد هنرمندی

we know each other for 2yrs now , and u know i make good points :D so here u go :

1- the same qaher that ur laughing at , will leave ur face red in 2015 when its supposed to do the first flight . and heck yes its 5th Gen .

2- iran already produces fighter of its own (not license built like pakistan but seriously indigenous like south africa)

3- JF-17 is a multi-national project and pakistan plays no part in it and just assembles the parts in its lands . tell me which parts are pakistani ? radar ? engine ? other avionics ? seriously what ? :D i doubt that even the stick is pakistani :D

4- its not the proper place to compare iran - pak air forces , but let me tell u sth : a country who cannot prevent an attack from small shEtty american drones , wants to sell iran a fighter jet ? are u serious ?

5- let the indigenous projects alone , iranian air museum as u guys mentioned is strong enough to keep US at bay for 35 yrs :)

your country has been attacked for more than a dozen times in the past 10 yrs :)

peace brother

I heared the time is 2020 ... this is a fighter project , don't be so positive ...

Really we wil have Qaher in 2020 ???? too late !
for what !?
this is a fighter jet project and it has some difficulty for Iran to overcome ...just be realistic ...
right know , they are just spending money on UAV , UCAVs , Anti air systems and anti ship system ...

for what !?
this is a fighter jet program and it has some difficulty for Iran to overcome ...just be realistic ...
right know , they are just spending money on UAV , UCAVs , Anti air systems and anti ship system ... we don't have usa or ksa military budget ...

I know, building a fighter is mcuh hard cuz it has many many big and small parts.

UAVs are more important and cheaper for us now.

We do the best and work the best with our budget.

Qaher looks beautiful and deadly,I hope it finish sooner.

Till Qaher is finished we have Shafaq and Saeqeh fighters which are similar to F-18.

Last edited:
I know, building a fighter is mcuh hard cuz it has many many big and small parts.

UAVs are more important and cheaper for us now.

We do the best and work the best with our budget.

Qaher looks beautiful and deadly,I hope it finish sooner.

Till Qaher is finished we have Shafaq and Saeqeh fighters which are similar to F-18.

in which way(s) Shafaq and Saeqeh fighters are similar to F-18.?

an American f 18 super hornet has APG 79 AESA radar, joint helmet mounted cuing system, advanced targeting forward looking infrared, link 16, airborne self-protect jammer, AN ALR 67(V)3 radar warning receiver, digital fly by wire system, digital flight control system . with a max take off weight of 30,000 kg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom