What's new

Housing apartheid flourishes in Delhi

This information, from what is called the most respectable newspaper in India (The Hindu), directly contradicts everything that the Indians here have been saying about their own country.

That is why my Signature states in no uncertain terms:

India is not the World's biggest Democracy. It is the World's biggest Hypocrisy.

This information, from what is called the most respectable newspaper in India (The Hindu), directly contradicts everything that the Indians here have been saying about their own country.

You have to respect peoples' preferences.

If you go to the Shaolin Monastery and say you want to eat meat, they will also ask you to leave the campus.

The Main reason is to be Frank Muslims r Always in NEWS for the Wrong Reasons ... So no one Wanna rent a Flat to them & Get in Trouble if the Guy Does Something Wrong ... people have Developed a Phobia... partly Due to Food Taboo Some Hindus r Vegetarian & Others dont like person eating BEEF in there House ...

1 year Back my sister & Brother in law Bought a new Flat in Navi Mumbai the Builder was Muslim But incidentally the Name of Building was Sree Balaji Krupa :cheesy: then we asked if any Flat is Available in Sector near to the Station he Said they had a under construction Building near the Station (having some Islamic Name) but he Said u may not prefer it as all the residents would be Muslims ...

We Said well we dont care Much as we r not gonna Live there its just for investment ... He said then u should not buy that Flat as it would be Difficult to sell the Flat & even the Society will not allow u to sell it to a Non-Muslim...

There is Mistrust among Both Community... only one side cant be Blamed for it ...

Good push people for ghettoisation and afterwards cry horse that we have pakistan in old delhi old hyd,azamghar or bhaktal.

On 2nd thought never lease out your property in big cities for fear of kabza groups.

what s your problem? my house , my rules.. if you dont cook / eat meat in my house I have no issues. just my preference.

550x-Take-it-easy.jpg

I was just kidding.

Yes, this is prevailing practice in India. Forget building - there are entire lanes in Bombay which are community specific. For example, even if you have the money and the right surname you will not be able to purchase a flat in a Parsi building like Cusrow Baug in Colaba in Bombay. It doesn't matter if you are an upper caste Brahmin or if you are the richest guy in India - that is the law.

Finding a home to rent in India's national capital is an arduous task for anyone - but, an investigation by The Hindu has found, almost impossible for citizens who happen to be Muslim. Homeowners and property dealers contacted by reporters often firmed up deals, only to be disqualified as soon as they revealed their religion.

Eye opener to the several Indian posters in this forum who pretend as if there is no discrimination in India and point fingers at others.

Eye opener to the several Indian posters in this forum who pretend as if there is no discrimination in India and point fingers at others.

Ofcourse people here are so thick that they cant differentiate between racism, secularism and personal preferences.

To the poster, there is no 'state sponsored discrimination' in India. Is it so hard to understand ? Who landowners rent their house to is their personal preference.

Its probably not as rampant as it is made out to be. For one, Muslims prefer to live closer to the mosques anyways, thats one of the major reasons you see them living in pockets, they other reason I guess is thet probably feel safer in "Muslim" majority areas, given the history of communal riots in India. Both Hindus and Muslims need to have confidence in the law and security of the country, but again this will take time.

Having said that, I remember The Hindu ran a story about about Muslim Kids discriminated in admission to the top private schools in New Delhi(based primarily on hearsay). At the same time after some digging I found out that the Muslim organization run Hamdard Public School openly gives 5 extra points to kids for being Muslim putting kids from other religion at a disadvantage. Now that is blatant discrimination! Yet there was no mention of that in their article.

I understand what the Hindu is doing is for a good cause, and we should all strive for a true secular society, but presenting half baked stories and hiding facts in my opinion undermines their efforts and makes one question their intention.

Ofcourse people here are so thick that they cant differentiate between racism, secularism and personal preferences.

To the poster, there is no 'state sponsored discrimination' in India. Is it so hard to understand ? Who landowners rent their house to is their personal preference.

Of course, having anti-conversion laws that target Christians is not discrimination is it?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom