What's new

Housing apartheid flourishes in Delhi

600363_402224296501725_645339013_n.jpg

I remember in Kota when i was hunting for apartment i was rejected by the Brahmin lady because i was not a vegetarian:lol:.
Some times the stupidity of my country men really amuses me, by the way my neighbour is a muslim.

I am a Brahmin and had to go through hell to get an apartment in Surendranagar, Gujrat because they did not believe that a Biahri and Bengali Brahmin can be vegetarian...

And BTW even I would prefer a vegetarian tenant for my apartment.

I am a Brahmin and had to go through hell to get an apartment in Surendranagar, Gujrat because they did not believe that a Biahri and Bengali Brahmin can be vegetarian...

And BTW even I would prefer a vegetarian tenant for my apartment.

Bengali Brahmins consume fish, so no wonder. :)

Bengali Brahmins consume fish, so no wonder. :)

recently i have seen growing trend of non-veg diet in Maharashtrian Brahmin...most of my Brahmin friends are non-vegetarians while some of my non-brahmin friends are strictly vegetarians...

Indians racism to its core, what a secular state

Here are certain things(amongst others), what they might not teaching in Chinese high schools.

1. Defination of Racism : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

Now if I do not want to sublet/rent my apartment to single men/women, people with different dietary preference than mine or different religious preferences than mine , even though belonging to the same race as mine....that is not racism but it "personal will"(somethng most Chinese are unfamiliar with).

2. Defination of Secularism : Secularism is the principle of separation between government institutions and the persons mandated to represent the State from religious institutions and religious dignitaries.

Now It would be grt help if you could fit in the above one liner you blabbered and explain how does it even make sense in respect to the above definition?

North Indian Brahmins, Jains are a lot more conservative when it comes to vegetarianism. But they go overboard sometimes there by offending the non vegetarians around them. I don't see the situation changing unless big corporates take over the re tal market .

North Indian Brahmins, Jains are a lot more conservative when it comes to vegetarianism. But they go overboard sometimes there by offending the non vegetarians around them. I don't see the situation changing unless big corporates take over the re tal market .

Delhi has major population of Punjabis/Gujjars/Jats who are mostly non-vegetarians. Don't know how much population Brahmins/Jains make up in Delhi but in my opinion not much.. Non-vegetarian diet until unless you start cooking something weirdo is not an issue at most of the places, as far as I know.

The problem is people usually rent out a part of their house so usually due to family reasons (read ladies in family, apart from others) a lot of restrictions come into play and most of the times you tend to not rent it out to bachelors and others you are not so sure about..

the problem is much worse in Mumbai. bangalore is best in this regard.

Guys i am open. i have a flat in chennai and i rent only to vegetarians irrespective of caste or creed or religion. any problems?

Hmm..

One of my close Muslim friends has just moved into a ground floor house in New friends Colony. Just attended their house warming last saturday.

On the subject, yes we are strange at times. My son had major problems getting a flat in Mumbai mainly because he is single ! They refused to let a bachelor move into their society.

Given the circumstances we now live in landlords are very very careful and choosy in letting out their properties.

Yet none who can afford it goes without a roof.

Was surprised about the reference to new friends colony since that colony is adjacent to Jamia Milia Islamia University, one of the biggest Islamic University in India

Was surprised about the reference to new friends colony since that colony is adjacent to Jamia Milia Islamia University, one of the biggest Islamic University in India

Whats surprising ?

Its a colony like any other.

Here are certain things(amongst others), what they might not teaching in Chinese high schools.

1. Defination of Racism : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.

Now if I do not want to sublet/rent my apartment to single men/women, people with different dietary preference than mine or different religious preferences than mine , even though belonging to the same race as mine....that is not racism but it "personal will"(somethng most Chinese are unfamiliar with).

2. Defination of Secularism : Secularism is the principle of separation between government institutions and the persons mandated to represent the State from religious institutions and religious dignitaries.

Now It would be grt help if you could fit in the above one liner you blabbered and explain how does it even make sense in respect to the above definition?

Are you stupid?? You are asking a troll to back up his statements with logic and facts?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom